Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recur Standing Lion Walkaround

Go down 
+3
Roger
Bonnie
VexVamp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Recur Standing Lion Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 1:31 am

Got this big, beautiful boy for Christmas this year. And I do mean big. This is now easily the largest lion in my collection at 12 1/2 inches long x 8 inches tall, which is substantially bigger than any other Recur figure I own. I don't know if they're making them to scale or what, but if that's the case, then I'd hate to see what a Recur elephant would look like. The figure is simple but charming, and I especially love the detail of the mane blowing in the wind. I just think the huge size is going to turn off most collectors, as I was already getting comments about the other Recur figures being too big.

Sorry for disappearing again, by the way. Life's just been pretty busy and I've been dedicating all my spare time to other projects.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 11:28 am

Soooooo big but sooooo beautiful! cheers cheers
I love the mane, and it has a lovely majestic 'lion feeling' about it- and your excellent walkaround is perfect at showing off this model! Very Happy Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 1:38 pm

It is great to see you back! Congratulations for your big Christmas gift!
Do you know, I was not expecting to find a Recur lion such a nice model. It has cool long legs, the head is defintely not big and the expression is very balanced. Yes, it is too large for my collecting taste but it would surely be seriously considered if Recur released a “standard” version of it.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 4:04 pm

A wonderful, large lion cheers

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Roger wrote:
Do you know, I was not expecting to find a Recur lion such a nice model. It has cool long legs, the head is defintely not big and the expression is very balanced. Yes, it is too large for my collecting taste but it would surely be seriously considered if Recur released a “standard” version of it.

Recur released two sets of "standard" sized animals, lion is part of the first set but not as good in proportions as this large one. Anyway, these sets are not easy to get in my country.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:33 pm

Nice but very huge

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 7:26 am

Bonnie wrote:
Soooooo big but sooooo beautiful! cheers cheers
I love the mane, and it has a lovely majestic 'lion feeling' about it- and your excellent walkaround is perfect at showing off this model! Very Happy Applause

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 7:27 am

Roger wrote:

Thanks, I really did not realize how long it had been. I agree, they should definitely make a smaller version, as I would love to have it for outdoor photographs just because of ease of transportation.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 7:27 am

SUSANNE wrote:
A wonderful, large lion cheers

I agree!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 7:28 am

widukind wrote:
Nice but very huge

Yes, it's definitely a huge model. It can't even sit on my current lion shelf, so has to be displayed somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 8:48 am

I knew Recur made bigger toys than other companies but I couldn’t imagine it would be so big. Shocked
The face is a bit off but the body and mane are really nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recur Standing Lion Walkaround   Recur Standing Lion Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Recur Standing Lion Walkaround
Page 1 of 1