Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Select Schleich Knights

Go down 
+2
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Select Schleich Knights Empty
PostSubject: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 11:42 pm

This isn't a true walkaround of one figure per say, just a quick review before I put them in storage. I always adored seeing these models at the store when I was a kid, mostly because their horses were always so animate and wild looking. Once I finish catch up on my Schleich wishlist, I will for sure be grabbing these to complete my collection next.

My first one I got was the black tournament knight, then all other tournament knights. The other mounted knights and footsoldiers I have actually found over the years at garage sales.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 1:18 am

I didn't know you collected these too. They are beautiful models, I also remember seeing a few of them in local shops. Do their horses have corresponding standard models?

For example, this horse reminds me something.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 1:22 am

Some of them do, as do the old fairie/elf horses also. However theu are usually very stylized, with some major alterations to the moulds themselves. The one you selectes reminds me of the old lippizaner stallion, but its not exactly the same posture.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 8:00 am

They are beautyful, and to me they represent the time of Schleich's golden age Very Happy

I have the black knight in the last picture also, and the king and queen .
Also the camel rider and Arabian warrior, which I treasure very much Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 9:16 am

I collected in my childhood also knights. There are also soooooo many wonderful figures, like these Schleich.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 11:50 am

Some lovely figures, and my brother has a couple on his wishlist

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 6:50 pm

Thank you Susanne, Andreas, and Adam. I really just think this series was so well done. I like some of the Papo figures as well, but the artistry of this Schleich line speaks more to me.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 7:16 pm

I also have a few figures,like Susanne I have the camel rider,the Watusi warrior,a Viking and a Gaul warrior.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 pm

Quick question, is the camel the same mould as the 2006 figure?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 8:06 pm

Advicot wrote:
Quick question, is the camel the same mould as the 2006 figure?

Quick ansver : No Very Happy

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 8:34 pm

Interesting

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Select Schleich Knights   Select Schleich Knights Empty

Back to top Go down

Select Schleich Knights
Page 1 of 1