Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collecting by Species.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

Collecting by Species. Empty
PostSubject: Collecting by Species.   Collecting by Species. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 4:04 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, okay, I just thought I'd start this topic because I've found a new way to sort my collection. This new way only works for the animal portion, not prehistoric or mythical creatures, and definitely not for the people in my collection. Anyway, I've started organizing things by species, which is harder than it appears, just saying. Also, I told some stories tonight, and because of this new method of sorting, there's a lot of animals in the "Homeless Shelter." That's a box which holds animals who don't have houses yet. See, each box in my collection is like a house. For instance, all the emperor penguins live together in one box, and so on, and so on. You get the idea. So, the thing is, I need more boxes. Well, if anyone has any thoughts or replies for this topic, then please reply. I'd love to hear from you.

Aschuck

P.S. Does anyone else organize by species in their collections, or am I the only one doing this?
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Collecting by Species.   Collecting by Species. EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 4:39 pm

I organize my figures by species and breeds as it is so much easier (in my opinion) To stop people getting confused I try to separate some species as far away from others as possible, for example my giant otter is no where near my European otters , and my European ones are away from my North American river otter

When I was younger and my collection was much smaller my father used to make me wooden barns for each animal species and make feeders that corresponded to their diet. E.G. The giraffes had a large and tall barn in which they'd have a suspended feeder with real twigs inside for them to eat

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Barns for animals? That is so cool.   Collecting by Species. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Last night I changed my organization of my collection again. I no longer collect by species. I have a system though, which works pretty well. It goes like this:

Accessories: That's the food and other supplies for my collection.

Amphibians, bears, birds, And, well, you get the idea, right?

Anyway, that's my system, and so far it works. As for the wooden barns, whoever wrote about that, that is so cool. Looks like your zoo is going pretty well. My collection isn't exactly a zoo, it's more like a town, or apartment complex. All the animals live in different boxes, and each box functions like an apartment building. This way of doing things does not apply to the portrait box, because that's the box where figures go if they need their pictures taken for Taw. See? It works, doesn't it? Well, if you guys like these ideas, you are welcome to them. I don't mind. Still, collecting by species is fun, at least it was for a little while for me. Well, that's the news, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting by Species.   Collecting by Species. Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecting by Species.
Page 1 of 1