Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?

Go down 
+12
krista
QuollMate
Cyhyraeth
weaselfan93
Bloodrayne
scot(t)
koniminiatures
75senta75
schleich61
Carola
widukind
Florian
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:59 pm

I think I do not know to sell my collection. Even if it takes place, I am very happy to have all these wonderful figures who inspire us to create dioramas or make us travel around the world (in miniature). End of each year for all on this forum an exciting time because this is the period when we begin to discover the new models in the next year. It is also a time that inspires us to continue to collect as we see new models sometimes even better now than last year. In conclusion, I think I'll keep my collection for a very long time to see forever:D . Also I think that quitting would be a shame but instead lack sometimes to put these figures and it's quite annoying that I recently met problem. I will try to find a solution (instead) for this magnificent universe figurines lasts for a little while.
Later, perhaps these figures will be passed on to our children that we know they will care.sunny 
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:15 pm

I will collect also a long long time and if i am a grandpa then will see, but i know i can take it in the grave Laughing Laughing Laughing 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm

I also think it will be great to have our entire collection with you. Maybe in a few hundred years we dug ourselves and our figures will be found, it may be worth a lot of money (for collectors).Razz Razz Razz 

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:37 pm

I will not ever sell nor leave my collection. My father sold some of his collection of model cars, and now today he regrets it bitterly. I will learn from his mistake :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 pm

I think that it's true. I intend to keep my collection forever and it is a good thing.Very Happy 

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:52 pm

schleich61 wrote:
widukind wrote:
I will collect also a long long time and if i am a grandpa then will see, but i know i can take it in the grave Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Like ancient Egyptians who were buried with their pets...?! Laughing 

Personally, I would leave my collection to someone who was interested in this hobby.

Yes, only in good hands sunny sunny 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:55 pm

I think also very important for that (for me) is also this Forum. Before i had only collect animal figurines sometimes, because i thinked i was alone and than toys Laughing Laughing Laughing  So was my main collections more the fossils.

But with the forum, with the help from a lot of friends here and many many more reasons is my animal figurine collection my 1. collection. And not only that, this collection grows now very good and with a lot of figurines, that i really dont know 4 years before. So is this STS-forum with all his members a very big point not to leave my collection. sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Andreas wrote:
Code:
Personally, I would leave my collection to someone who was interested in this hobby.

But, I think - you've got much time, now and in the future, to be happy over your collection.sunny sunny

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Andreas wrote:
Code:

But, I think - you've got much time, now and in the future, to be happy over your collection.sunny sunny

Yes, it's true Wink. You have a good time for you to think about this question.Maybe our figures could also go to people who are members of the site and therefore collectors who will take care of these figures (if the site still exists in a few years although we do live together this incredible site).Very Happy Laughing Razz Wink bounce 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:23 pm

I consider the idea periodically. I'd have a mind for painstakingly destroying all of the figurines I keep - chopping them to little shavings with a carpet knife, or burning them to see them melt, that kind of thing - as a form of penance. They are, after all, an utterly frivolous abuse of resources: every penny and spare minute I have should go to helping the real animals who are being tortured each day, not to buying rubber fish off eBay and dusting pastels on plastic ponies.

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:21 am

koniminiatures wrote:
I consider the idea periodically. I'd have a mind for painstakingly destroying all of the figurines I keep - chopping them to little shavings with a carpet knife, or burning them to see them melt, that kind of thing - as a form of penance. They are, after all, an utterly frivolous abuse of resources: every penny and spare minute I have should go to helping the real animals who are being tortured each day, not to buying rubber fish off eBay and dusting pastels on plastic ponies.

Good interesting view. Though I guess a personal passion as collecting is sort of self sustainment? No well, should ask psycologists about such. VERY interesting nevertheless :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:34 am

koniminiatures wrote:
I consider the idea periodically. I'd have a mind for painstakingly destroying all of the figurines I keep - chopping them to little shavings with a carpet knife, or burning them to see them melt, that kind of thing - as a form of penance. They are, after all, an utterly frivolous abuse of resources.[...]

it's a horrible thought, imagining all my animals (or anyone's) destroyed, but I consider it as well, for similar reasons.
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:18 am

scot(t) wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:
I consider the idea periodically. I'd have a mind for painstakingly destroying all of the figurines I keep - chopping them to little shavings with a carpet knife, or burning them to see them melt, that kind of thing - as a form of penance. They are, after all, an utterly frivolous abuse of resources.[...]

it's a horrible thought, imagining all my animals (or anyone's) destroyed, but I consider it as well, for similar reasons.

Yes, I think that it's an interesting perspective. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Honestly, I go back and forth on a very regular basis. One minute I sit staring at my animals, marveling at how lovely they are (or some, at least, are) and then the next I'll walk past a bookshelf crowded with figures and be revolted by the clutter, cost, and waste. I think I'll always be of two minds about it. (I do love them though.)
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:47 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:49 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 pm

schleich61 wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:

So what's stopping you, Lea? :) Wink
From destroying the collection or from helping real animals? For the former: Greed. Hope. For the latter: not much, I'm burning myself out as fast as I can. It's just I'm not sending my salary as well.

Now you ask, I wonder if it mightn't gladden you slightly if I went ahead with it and you learned of this.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:24 pm

I have always collected things.
It started with Smurfs, then stamps, then cat figures, then animalparts like wings, skulls, feathers or pretty stones and nice coloured leaves blabla.
Then I got into comics and video games, movies and started collecting merchandise related to that.
And lately I started to collect animal kingdom figures because that's the way it goes sometimes.
It comes in phases.

Because of space issues (and funds issues) I do have to let go of certain things now and then. Sad 
But I have always kept the gems and things with sentimental value...
And that's what collecting is all about for me.
It's sentiment.

So to make a long story short:
No, I never had the idea to stop collecting and I will never sell the most valued items in my collection, because they mean something special.
To me.

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
I have always collected things.
It started with Smurfs, then stamps, then cat figures, then animalparts like wings, skulls, feathers or pretty stones and nice coloured leaves blabla.
Then I got into comics and video games, movies and started collecting merchandise related to that.
And lately I started to collect animal kingdom figures because that's the way it goes sometimes.
It comes in phases.

Because of space issues (and funds issues) I do have to let go of certain things now and then. Sad 
But I have always kept the gems and things with sentimental value...
And that's what collecting is all about for me.
It's sentiment.

So to make a long story short:
No, I never had the idea to stop collecting and I will never sell the most valued items in my collection, because they mean something special.
To me.

I think the same thing. We must keep the most evalued items and maybe sell some figures that are a little bulky.
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: collecting   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:00 am

I know I will never sell my collection. also I know I will never have kids. so instead of passing down my figures, I could use them to open up a small animal replica museum when i'm old. maybe I could combine my collection with the collection of other willing forum members. to share the museum and to have an even more impressive display. but, who knows by then? just an idea
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Yes, sometimes.
When I just start thinking about the limit- where's that limit, after reaching which I could stop? And what should happen to my collection if sth's wrong with me?
Sometimes I feel a bit tired of all this stuff (esp if there are any quorrels with other fellow collectors), or after lots of work (I'm working for the Russian Breyer distributor now).

However, staying away from my horses for some time helps a little)

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:39 pm

When I die, my friends or children can open up the box of my collection and dump them all over my dead body. Laughing

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 12:21 pm

I have thought that if I ever get a real life dog or cat, I will sell most of my collection and leave only the ones that I really like. But at the moment, I can't have pets.

But I'm a collector by nature, so I will keep collecting stuff anyways :'D

stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 1:31 pm

I did sell most of my schleich collection which i used to collect exclusively which i'm glad about as with all the special editions etc it was getting expensive trying to keep up and i wasn't that keen on the newer ones anyway, i have always been interested in cattle so with collecta mojo etc releasing great models decided to just concentrate on collecting cattle and any other model i really like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next