Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?

Go down 
+12
krista
QuollMate
Cyhyraeth
weaselfan93
Bloodrayne
scot(t)
koniminiatures
75senta75
schleich61
Carola
widukind
Florian
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm regretting to stop collecting almost every day. The situation I'm in right now isn't good for a collector with lots of horses Very Happy Again after Xmas I should take all my stuff and go back to the island I live. There I'll need to live with my sister and her family about a couple of months till I'm able to move in to my own place :) So there is doubts if it's wise to take all this trash with me but in the end of the day I'm always sure I won't let them go Very Happy Maybe.

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 9:01 pm

For me, it will all depend on the situation. Right now, I'm 14. I have no means of moving out for another 4-5 years. But there will come a time, when I'm not financially able to support myself and my collection. There will come a time when I will have to my focus on my career and my family life. At some point in our lives, collecting will not be plausible towards our daily lives.
What makes me different from the other collectors here, is that I collect small plastic animals. They don't take up as much room. I've already ridden of some of my duplicates as well. I have no means of ridding my current collection, and the things I'll buy in the next 4-5 years. From time to time, when I am able to, I'll purchase some things for my collection. But that won't be often.
I've stressed out about my collection before. The thought for me is, how will I be able to reach my goal? What if I never get that figure I've always wanted? When and how will I get it? Many questions fill my mind. I've never had to put my collection away for awhile, honestly. But, I don't think I'll ever COMPLETELY stop. Sure some figures will break, become old, be sold, traded, or thrown away. Figures will come and go depending on what they are. But I don't think I'll truly stop. I've seen some members here take breaks from collecting or selling large portions of their collections. That's not what I plan on doing.

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 9:34 pm

widukind wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
widukind wrote:
I will collect also a long long time and if i am a grandpa then will see, but i know i can take it in the grave Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Like ancient Egyptians who were buried with their pets...?! Laughing 

Personally, I would leave my collection to someone who was interested in this hobby.

Yes, only in good hands sunny sunny 
Same here. I would only leave my collection to someone I trust with it (my children, possibly nieces and nephews I've addicted to the hobby, or possibly I would have someone give them away to the members here on the forum). I won't ever stop, it's something I enjoy doing regardless of what others say or think.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
widukind wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
widukind wrote:
I will collect also a long long time and if i am a grandpa then will see, but i know i can take it in the grave Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Like ancient Egyptians who were buried with their pets...?! Laughing 

Personally, I would leave my collection to someone who was interested in this hobby.

Yes, only in good hands sunny sunny 
Same here. I would only leave my collection to someone I trust with it (my children, possibly nieces and nephews I've addicted to the hobby, or possibly I would have someone give them away to the members here on the forum). I won't ever stop, it's something I enjoy doing regardless of what others say or think.

Either my family members will make my figures rain on my dead body, or I would give them out to my fellow forum mates.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Yes many times I feel a bit silly collecting plastic animals. But then I remember the reactions that people get when I say that I have 125 animals and I laugh and carry on Laughing There are three kinds of people: Those who think its a neat hobby and a a really cool collection, those who think it is a waste of time and money, and those who couldn't care less Rolling Eyes Smile 

My dad used to be number two on that list untill he found out that some were valuable lol!
Now he is always asking me "have you got any retired?" and gets interested when I show him the "rare" models Laughing   It always amuses me!
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Emma wrote:
Yes many times I feel a bit silly collecting plastic animals. But then I remember the reactions that people get when I say that I have 125 animals and I laugh and carry on Laughing There are three kinds of people: Those who think its a neat hobby and a a really cool collection, those who think it is a waste of time and money, and those who couldn't care less Rolling Eyes Smile 

My dad used to be number two on that list untill he found out that some were valuable lol!
Now he is always asking me "have you got any retired?" and gets interested when I show him the "rare" models Laughing   It always amuses me!

My parents are the exact same way. They don't realize how lucky I am to have some PV and retired K&M.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:39 pm

You know, spouses/parental figures in the model horse hobby are often not amused with "rare" and "expensive" models. Many are in the mindset of "It's not worth anything if you're not selling it." lol!

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Carola wrote:
I will not ever sell nor leave my collection. My father sold some of his collection of model cars, and now today he regrets it bitterly. I will learn from his mistake :)

Obviously! - I've changed my mind on this subject since I wrote this Rolling Eyes ...

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Carola wrote:
Carola wrote:
I will not ever sell nor leave my collection. My father sold some of his collection of model cars, and now today he regrets it bitterly. I will learn from his mistake :)

Obviously! - I've changed my mind on this subject since I wrote this Rolling Eyes ...

Sooo you're selling? Razz

I've had to make changes too. I can't collect assesories anymore, because they take up too much space. I've had to sell my african nursery Sad
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Carola wrote:
Carola wrote:

Well you said "your collection." You're only selling pieces, not the whole thing. You're still keeping your word. Very Happy Sorry, I tend to be really specific when it comes to wording like that lol!

Sometimes it feels good to break away from being a black hole collector. Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:02 pm

Carola wrote:
Carola wrote:

I understand you very well.. I'm also selling many of my horses.. I've had intentions to slow down collecting and right now I just feel I wanna do something else... Of course not all of my horses are leaving Smile

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?   Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever had the idea to stop one day to collect or separate you from your collection?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2