Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses

Go down 
+32
pipi6
Snardi
Taylcoel
sortepletter
Fisva
Elros Alvar
A-J
scot(t)
SyLoBe
remowshake
animalluvr6
Kristie
pookyhorse
landrover
Katty
skysthelimit
Silver Unicornis
Gabe
ken yeo
Ana
Roger
Rio
Sumo
Wildheart
widukind
MartinH
Mastiffcat
HKHollinstone
baltimore zoo
Sergey
SUSANNE
Cyhyraeth
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses Empty
PostSubject: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Once I've heard the idea that a true collector may sell a precious specimen from his collection to buy a more precious one. But all my horses (from a rather expensive Peter Stone to a rubber Bullyland figurine) are sth more to me, than just a part of my collection. Each horse in my collection has its name, sometimes it differs from the one given by the artists.
Each horse has its own story of how it appeared in my stables:) (And I will tell you some of those stories.) And I don't think that I can make myself sell any of them to get even a very desirable horse figurine.

Well, this is my Breyer and Peter Stone herd, the traditional size (scale 1:9) part of it:)
Red Rum, the Akhal-Teke mould.(replica of a real living horse) He wasn't supposed to be in my collection. To tell the truth, I didn't mean to get any Breyers at all, when I saw him. But one of the model horse collectors sold him, and I had some spare money. So I thought:"He's a handsome boy. Why not to take him?"
At first I paid no attention to him, he was just standing quietly on his shelf. Several times, when I had some financial problems, I thought about selling him, but every time sth prevented me from doing this. One day I was doing some model horse photos, and I put my blood elf paladin figurine from WoW next to him.. They both seemed to be so bright and looked good together. When I glanced at the pictures, I realized how I'm glad I have him in my collection. And, occasionally at the same day he got a name- Sweet William (my mother named him).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GG Valentine & Heartbreaker, traditional (scale 1:9) (replicas of the real living horses). She was the first mare in my herd. I dreamed of getting some Breyer or Stone mare for my boys-only company, but couldn't find any that would satisfy me completely. And than I saw Valentine. She was so well built, elegant and really life-like, that I couldn't resist.
And the mare separately.
Treasure Hunt 2007 Silver Dun Tobiano Mustang I'm fond of pinto horses, esp the tobiano ones. And I also like mustangs. That that was an ideal horse figurine for my collection. We call him Basilisk.

Cleveland Bay Tregoyd Journeyman
My fiance calls him Hippo because of his size:) - this stallion is one of the biggest Breyer horses ever made (his is higher than an average traditional Breyer).
And a kind of joke=) I was looking for riders and grooms for my Breyer Traditional horses for years, but failed to find any. Those that I could find were not beautiful enough and looked like glamour barbi girls (which I hate greatly).
But one day I've glanced at Arthas, whose figurine was standing calmly on a shelf, and had an idea. His right arm was supposed to grasp Frostmourne, but I had no sword. So I decided to put sth else in his hand=) The result can be seen on the photos bellow:)
As long as his career as Lich King is over now, he may spend his time on things more useful and less harmful, like training horses on some distant farm, for instance:)
(I know that he should be standing in the middle of the circle, so that the horse has enough place to move around him, but unfortunately I had a lack of place in my room).
Bet Yer Blue Boons. I really like this red roan quarter horse. She's very accurate, detailed and she has an interesting color. I just got in love with her as I saw her performance in 2009 NCHA competitions. When I came to our local Breyer shop I wanted to buy a Rachel Alexandra replica figurine. However, I realized that she's not my cup of tea, as I examined her. And then I saw Bet...
Partly Cloudy Weather Girl 2011 Treasure Hunt, sculptured by Brigitte Eberl (her resin horses are well known among the model horse collectors all over the world).
She's so fabulous that I can't find any words to describe her. You should see her with your own eyes.
But we call her Fylgja (in Old Norse that means "someone that accompanies").
Although there are no pure blood pinto arabians, I decided to take her, not the black or palomino ones. And I'm completely satisfied with my choice:)
Kind of bonus:) Fylgja meets the second equine in my fiancé's house -a small pink rubber horse (with shower gel:)
I hope they would make friends:)))
Flim Flam (a replica of a real living horse). I got him several days ago. His mould is old enough and awfully made- there are no muscles, his head is plain and his legs have different thickness. However, there's something very touching in him. Something, that makes me to hold him in my hands for hours.
I think he will be customized in the nearest future to become a gorgeous stallion. He deserves it.
And the last one- and most beloved.
This is a Peter Stone Arabian, Murphy. (Limited run, 30 pieces). He also wasn't supposed to become a part of my collection. At first I wanted to take a Peter Stone chip Arabian Minime Thunder Clap, but failed to get him (ordered to late, when all of them were gone). And my comrade drew my attention to this traditional size Arabian. And so several months later he joined my collection:)
His home name is Al Azif (the arabic word for the night cries of the cicada and other night insects. In the arabic folklore these noises were named 'the demons talk').

To be continued:)
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:46 pm

WOW!
Wonderful, wonderful horses, and great, great stories cheers

If I should pick a favourite, it would be Basilisk, but they are all SO great.

You have got the most perfect horsemen training them, - nothing will scare them after that affraid lol!

AND that Pater Stone I love you - funny he is called Al kasif.
My saluki ( Arabian gazehound)´s name is Al Aziz Fidda, - sounds almost the same Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Susanne
Stone's name is Al Azif:) Not Kazif Wink

As for the grooms- well, now they have a ghoul, who's helping Arthas, so their company is even funnier than it used to be:)

And your saluki- was it you who named her this way? What does her name mean?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:
Susanne
Stone's name is Al Azif:) Not Kazif Wink

As for the grooms- well, now they have a ghoul, who's helping Arthas, so their company is even funnier than it used to be:)

And your saluki- was it you who named her this way? What does her name mean?

Oh, yes, typing error : Azif !
Fidda´s kennel name is Al Aziz. I got some choises for names when she was a puppy.
Fidda means silver, - and my first dog`s name was Silver, so Fidda was an easy choice Very Happy

I don`t know what Al Aziz means, It is really too bad, I have to check it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:51 pm

And the hound itself is rather pale, isn't she?
A beautiful name.

Sergey?Wink
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:39 am

Partly Cloudy Weather Girl 2011 Treasure Hunt, sculptured by Brigitte Eberl is BEAUTIFUL! Extremely elegant! Nice figure!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 am

They are so beautiful! I love GG Valentine, she is gorgeous, such a lovely face. cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:40 am

ooooooooo! I love them!!!!! Well, except Flim Flam... the Roemer mold is one of my least favorite Breyers ever. It, John Henry, and Rugged Lark were a big part of why I stopped collecting Breyer horses. But at least Flim Flam's color is gorgeous.
Your Red Rum and your Stone are breath taking.

I have to go to bed now ( Sleep ) but i intend to spend a lot more time admiring your herd.

A friend of mine who has a lot of Stones is probably going to be thinning her herd. Her horses are all in excellent condition and she usually sells pretty cheap (she's crazy that way ) so if there are any particular Stones you are looking for, i can find out if she has them.

baltimore zoo wrote:
Partly Cloudy Weather Girl 2011 Treasure Hunt, sculptured by Brigitte Eberl is BEAUTIFUL! Extremely elegant! Nice figure!
yes, Weather Girl is beautiful. She seems to be one of the most popular Breyers ever.

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 pm

baltimore zoo
Yes, she's really gorgeous. the only thing I dislike about her is her mane/tale. Anyway, they are being customized now, so soon she's gonna to be perfect)

HKHollinstone
Yes) She's also from B.Eberl (the same artist who made the arabian mare, and Bullyland Il Santo).

Mastiffcat
I don't like the original Roemer mould too, but there's something in him.. I don't really know what exactly...
I hope that customizing would help him.

As for Stones- that would be great!
Could you please ask about the following horses:
Minime Thunder Clap (Chip Arabian) / or maybe some other chip Arabian with pinned ears
ISH mould (old version, with a detailed head)
Some traditional size thoroughbred in grey/bay colour
Emory (Palouse mould)
New Year's Resolution (Arabian mould, dapple gray, with pinned ears)
Wish come true (pebble dapple gray arabian)

It would be great if she has at least one of those mentioned for sale.
Thank you in advance sunny

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:28 am

Cyhyraeth wrote:
She's also from B.Eberl (the same artist who made the arabian mare, and Bullyland Il Santo).
Oh right, I didn't know that bounce

Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 pm

HKHollinstone
Hope to see Eberl's warmboolds in plastic one day bounce

Well, today I'll share with you some photos of my Breyer Classics, scale 1:12. :)

The first one is Breyer Classic Appendix Quarter Horse. A very nice mare. I came to our local Breyer shop with a strong intension to buy a buckskin morgan mare, but then I saw her.. She got a name Dancer, because her movements are so light that it seems she's dancing.
She's one of my favourite mares in the whole collection.
Funny thing about her color- in the sunlight it seems she's having freckles;)
Breyer Classic Arabian
To tell the truth I don't really like this arabian mould because it seems to be not that well done as it might have been - it has roughness, the paint covers the body badly, and the mane/tail are very schematic. It's a pitty, because the mould itself is quite good, and the pose is particularly arabic. So I was disappointed when he came. Anyway, I'm not sure I'm able to sell him away or even remake him. And his eyes make some warm feeling grow in me :)
I call him Baltazar.
Breyer Classic Grulla Pinto Mustang Stallion, (Three Piece Family Gift Set), mould discontinued in 1999.
He's come to me at last. I've been looking for him for years (in this particular color), and now my dream came true)))
He's left his native prairies, crossed the Big Water to take his place among the other steeds in my stables) He's a newcomer, so has no name yet. After receiving this guy I feel like collecting all the Classic Breyer Mustangs. Two are already on the way to my stables:)

To be continued.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:06 pm

They are just SO...I lack words...WOW ! cheers

As I saw Dancer I thought : This is the prettiest Breyer horse I have ever seen, - and then came the arab..and then the mustang... Shocked
The photoes are amazing , thankyou for sharing ! I really, really enjoy them Razz bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 am

wow! your collection of Breyers is amazing! Also your photos are ... wow! Wink

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:23 am

They are so gorgeous! cheers

Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 am

SUSANNE wrote:
They are just SO...I lack words...WOW ! cheers

As I saw Dancer I thought : This is the prettiest Breyer horse I have ever seen, - and then came the arab..and then the mustang... Shocked
The photoes are amazing , thankyou for sharing ! I really, really enjoy them Razz bounce cheers

It's great you like them, really) My collection isn't that big, but I love every horse from it.

MartinH
Thanks)
It's not hard to make good photos of those you love and admire:)

HKHollinstone
Thank you) Below are some more photos;)

So, my other Classics:)
A Thoroughbred stallion, Breyer Customizing Kit.
I'm not sure about his future colour- I suppose it would be sth like liver chestnut or mahogany bay. But I never painted figurines of such scale, so I'm a bit afraid of doing it myself.
An Arabian stallion, Breyer Customizing Kit. Artist Anna Chernetsova (Russia). His home name is Dervish. This horse came to me unexpectedly. When I saw him for the first time I just couldn't afford to buy him that time. So, he entered some child's collection. Few months later I saw him on sale once more. But- he again passed by, as I had no spare money. I nearly lost hope to get him, when he appeared on sale for the third time. He looked not that great (children, who possessed him, tried to play with him, braided his mane, etc), and was a bit cheaper in price. "That's it!" I thought and bought that horse. His mane needs some repairing, and there are few little scratches on his body- but this all' s nonsense, because now he's mine at last. Anyway, things might have turned much worse to him.
Next time I'll tell you about my Paddocks/Pebbles and Stablemates.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 am

I love the Classic Arabian's arch of neck and beautiful face!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:11 am

I don´t have any Breyer animals in my collection so... may I ask what material are they made from?

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:23 am

Ohhh, I love that Dervish. Everything, the painting, the head, the pose.... I love you I love you Shocked
How fortunate for you both that you got hold him Very Happy

I think there is something very impressive about the classic Breyer.
Please can you tell a little about them ? For me and for Martin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:33 am

Dervish is a stunner, really beautiful I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Very very nice horses!!! Congratulation!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 7:13 pm

I know I know I should like the horses most, but are those WOW figurines you got there? Lich King and blood elf? What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Wildheart wrote:
I know I know I should like the horses most, but are those WOW figurines you got there? Lich King and blood elf? What a Face

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked scratch scratch scratch question question
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:13 pm

i don't collect Breyers any more, but i still love looking at them. thanks for sharing.

Someone gave Dervish to a child question exclamation question exclamation question exclamation affraid
He's like Black Beauty: started out well, fell on hard times, and now in a wonderful home for the rest of his life!

SUSANNE wrote:

I think there is something very impressive about the classic Breyer.
Please can you tell a little about them ? For me and for Martin Very Happy

Breyer models are made of hard plastic*, but it's not brittle.** They used to use Tenite plastic, but newer models feel different to me, so i'm sure at some point they've changed what they use.

Breyer started as making plastic parts for machinery, and the story is, in the 1950s they were hired to make a horse to go on a clock, but the client didn't pay for them. When Breyer sold the horses themselves, the response was so good, they moved into making model animals. There's more to the story than that, but i don't know what it is: it seems Hartland was also involved in making the horses.

*When people talk about Breyers, they generally mean the four sizes pictured on this page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] although as you can see from the index, the company has branched out to include plush, "toy" horses etc. Actually, Breyer didn't branch out; it was acquired by Reeves Int'l a huge toy maker and they stuck the "Breyer" name on stuff most Breyer collectors don't consider to be Breyers.
Breyer used to be run by Peter Stone, who left and created his own company to make the Stone horses. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

**the Stablemates now seem to be made of a different kind of plastic that at least sounds and feels more brittle.

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:27 pm

Martin
They are made from polyurethane, I believe. Some are porcelain. And there's a number of Breyer resins as well.

Baltimore zoo
Yes, on average he's rather handsome.
Susanne
What exactly would you like to know?) As I've already said, they are made from polyurethane, resin, and there are porcelain also. There are three main scales - traditional (1:9), classic (1:12) and stablemates (1:32). There are also paddocks (1:24, like Schleich) and Minni Winners (about 1 sm high), but they are less popular. The first line also represent world's famous horses- Ruffian, Seabiscuit, Salinero, etc. They all are highly detailed and well painted. Classics at times are worse detailed, but they have many interesting poses.

HKHollinstone, widukind
Thank you)

Wildheart
I'm glad someone paid attention to my WoW figurines! cheers
Yes, it's a Blood Elf Paladin (DC Unlimited) and the Lich King (Blizzard). I also have a ghoul and waiting for the troll preist's and the undead warlock's arrival:)
I'm a huge WoW fan Embarassed
And what about you?:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses   Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyhyraeth's Breyer horses
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next