Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes   Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020 - 16:05

Do you know what happens when two lynxes meet? turn on your your sound and check here! Some of you may think it is Axl Rose warming up his voice but it is not. study
This time, instead of confronting one of the masterful Lineol IV generation models with a modern reference. I am using the composition version of the Elastolin lynx.
As far as I know, there was no IV generation lynx from Lineol but if you have 200 Euros, you can find a mint new Lineol III generation for sale. Shocked affraid
This Elastolin model is probably the E203/2 in 1950's colors. The sculpt has almost 100 years, and it is likely the most famous lynx model of its generation. I recomend that you check the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by our experts Sue and Lesley. study
The modern representative is the Papo 50241 from 2018, in my opinion, undoubtfully the best lynx model of ever.
I won't exactly compare these models in terms of realism once the Papo figure is far superior in all regards and it would result cruel to this old composition figure that has clearly a naîve but elegant design.
Both brands focus their forest animals on European fauna, thus, both models represent the Eurasian lynx (Lynx lynx), notice the felines on video provided are an American species once it was recorded in Ontario.
Lynxes are not easy to get correctly, what turns Papo performance even more praiseworthy. If you find the composition models cartoonish, it is good to recall the 1994 Schleich model, not very realistic either.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes   Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020 - 17:16

They are both WONDERFUL cheers

And WOW ! what a fantastic Lineol lynx you have there ! Shocked
now I know how mine ought to look, - he has obviously lost the tips on his ears Laughing

Thankyou for this great comparison and presentation, - Guns n' Roses will never be the same for me again lol!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes   Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020 - 18:16

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes   Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes EmptyWed 23 Sep 2020 - 21:08

Congrats Rogério, your lineol lynx seems to be new! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes   Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes EmptyThu 24 Sep 2020 - 2:04

Thanks friends! cheers

SUSANNE wrote:
They are both WONDERFUL cheers

And WOW ! what a fantastic Lineol lynx you have there !  Shocked
now I know how mine ought to look, - he has obviously lost the tips on his ears Laughing

Thankyou for this great comparison and presentation, - Guns n' Roses will never be the same for me again lol!

Laughing They won't be the same to anyone.
My old Schleich lynx is also missing the tip of its ears but surely easier to find in good condition than the extra rare and expensive Lineol.

Caracal wrote:
Congrats Rogério, your lineol lynx seems to be new!  cheers  cheers

It is a Hausser Elastolin, actually some older Lineol are very similar to these and thanks, it is really in great condition. I have once more to be grateful to Yvette who found it for me.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes   Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes EmptyTue 29 Sep 2020 - 4:22

I really love the Papo lynx ,
but now I also really love your wonderful Battle topic of these two. Very Happy
And the Elastolin one is real charmer cheers
Thank you Roger ! sunny

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes   Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Generations: Papo and Elastolin Lynxes
Page 1 of 1