Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

African fauna ... different one

Go down 
+18
WILLYBACOMAN
littlebear
smallscaleworld
Shanti
Caracal
costicuba
landrover
SeanieP
widukind
Taos
Roger
Advicot
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
endogenylove
Komodo
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Komodo

Komodo

Country/State : Serbia

African fauna ... different one Empty
PostSubject: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 10:58 pm

As I announced to some members in a recent communication, I am setting up my own diorama of Africa.It is a bit different from the others, because I decided to present something rather miniature to this honorable forum[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
These are figures in a scale of about 1: 200 or more, I guess. The company is Ferrero, Kinder Surprise, Mini Welt series 1991-1995.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I started without excessive ambition, but then I got carried away.

I added a pair of crocodiles from Manurba minis, customised stagecoach horses to a herd of zebras, I added another elephant and a hippopotamus, grass and reed, etc....But I didn't like the way I made the river at all.
I took some steps in that direction and finally finished the diorama.
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 12:54 am

Wow....absolutely gorgeous work. Words can not describe how much care you obviously put into every aspect of this. It’s stunning and I hope that you continue to hone your obvious talent!

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 1:26 am

endogenylove wrote:
Wow....absolutely gorgeous work. Words can not describe how much care you obviously put into every aspect of this. It’s stunning and I hope that you continue to hone your obvious talent!

Honestly, I’m surprised and thrilled at how quick you were to take a look at my new post. Thank you very much for your kind words. sunny
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 2:37 am

Wow. How you create the landscaping is amazing. You are a master. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 10:11 am

Incredibly amazing! Those figures are really tiny! And the diorama, a true masterpiece! I agree the river is infinitely better now that in the begin. Also the vegetation improved a lot with the addition of reeds and small shrubs!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 10:39 am

HOLY, HOPPING HAMSTER bounce affraid

It is incredible, amazing, fabulous, ---- WOW !!! Surprised

I cant put words to tell how much I admire your work cheers

Thankyou very much for sharing this great presentation of your work flower

( And it inspires me : now I'll also get a mug of coffee Laughing )

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 10:41 am

Fantastic! There is so much to see in this small diorama. Thanks for the photos.

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 10:47 am

It's so small but so detailed!!!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Impressive the amount of detail and all the atention you give to your dioramas. You are exploring the small scale in a wise way. Thanks for showing your masterful job.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Wonderful diorama and your skill is absolutely amazing!! Applause Applause

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 2:58 pm

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 7:33 pm

This is sooooo awesome. I am jealous you have done a African Diorama. I need to start mine. I was wondering if the South African Animals Safari TOOB would be good for your scale of animals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 7:45 pm

Very detailed job. It has many things with very well distribution.

Wonderful cheers cheers cheers

Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:06 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Wow. How you create the landscaping is amazing. You are a master. Shocked
Thank you very much. Very Happy Yes you are right, the main trick is in landscaping. Applause Everyone can paint small figures of animals, but the question is what kind of "playground" they will get later.

Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:13 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Incredibly amazing! Those figures are really tiny! And the diorama, a true masterpiece! I agree the river is infinitely better now that in the begin. Also the vegetation improved a lot with the addition of reeds and small shrubs!
Thank you again. You gave me a huge compliment last time, but I didn't thank you properly - because I haven't been able to use messages yet. Embarassed That’s why I’m especially glad you like this diorama too. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:23 am

SUSANNE wrote:
HOLY, HOPPING HAMSTER bounce affraid

It is incredible, amazing, fabulous, ---- WOW !!! Surprised

I cant put words to tell how much I admire your work cheers

Thankyou very much for sharing this great presentation of your work flower

( And it inspires me : now I'll also get a mug of coffee  Laughing )

Well Susanne, as we both know: ‚‚Knitting must go on!‚‚ Wink
Enjoy your coffee, cheers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:29 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Fantastic! There is so much to see in this small diorama. Thanks for the photos.
Thank you for your support. I registered late on the STS forum so I keep reading ‚‚ ancient past ‚‚ Your posts about Britains are great. Smile

Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:33 am

Advicot wrote:
It's so small but so detailed!!!
Adam, you know what they say - the devil is in the details Laughing
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:38 am

Roger wrote:
Impressive the amount of detail and all the atention you give to your dioramas. You are exploring the small scale in a wise way. Thanks for showing your masterful job.
Roger, you are my mentor on this forum. So ... thank you.
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:43 am

Taos wrote:
Well, I told you about the diorama half an hour before I set it up. I'm glad you like it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 1:04 am

SeanieP wrote:
This is sooooo awesome. I am jealous you have done a African Diorama. I need to start mine. I was wondering if the South African Animals Safari TOOB would be good for your scale of animals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks Shawn. To me, any scale is good. Tiny figures allow the use of many figures and trees and complex relief in dioramas. Large figures enable the use of more different species of animals and plants, beautiful details. South African Animals Safari TOOB figures are about 4 times larger than my Ferrero figures. However, I think they are close to the size of the figures for board games. I did most of the figures in that scale when I was younger. I even have another Africa with Ral Partha metal figures in the same scale, which I need to finish.

Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 1:10 am

widukind wrote:
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Thanks a lot, Andreas. I have great respect for your huge contribution to this forum. Smile

Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 1:13 am

landrover wrote:

Very detailed job. It has many things with very well distribution.

Wonderful  cheers cheers cheers
Thanks many times, Fernando ! bounce
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 3:02 am

Absolutely brilliant diorama ! Real piece of art !
Perfection in every detail ... and again, your diorama is alive Applause Applause Applause
And it was a great idea to use these very nice Kinder Surprise, so small animals, repainted very well.
Also a very smart desidion to change the river.. Now it looks awesome !
I love it Komodo !
You are really tallented cheers

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one Empty

Back to top Go down

African fauna ... different one
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next