Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

African fauna ... different one

Go down 
+18
WILLYBACOMAN
littlebear
smallscaleworld
Shanti
Caracal
costicuba
landrover
SeanieP
widukind
Taos
Roger
Advicot
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
endogenylove
Komodo
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

African fauna ... different one - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 11:04 pm

Very Happy very beautiful and realistic dio with a great diversity in vegetation very well located and an awesome river! cheers cheers Applause

a piece of dream! drunken drunken

What did you use for the big dead tree?..
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 12:18 am

costicuba wrote:
Absolutely brilliant diorama ! Real piece of art !
Perfection in every detail ... and  again, your diorama is alive  Applause  Applause  Applause
And it was a great idea to use these very nice Kinder Surprise, so small animals, repainted very well.
Also a very smart desidion to change the river.. Now it looks awesome !
I love it Komodo !
You are really tallented  cheers
Costa, the destiny of us collectors and modelers is that we never have enough space for a hobby in our home. So my family allowed me to make only very small dioramas in the future. No pale Suspect ....but we'll see about that Laughing

Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 am

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy very beautiful and realistic dio with a great diversity in vegetation very well located and an awesome river! cheers cheers Applause

a piece of dream! drunken  drunken

What did you use for the big dead tree?..

The big dead tree ?!!?..... study ..... study ........ study ......Come on, it's obviously a baobab..... Mad
Among other things, sometimes I make trees from weed roots. I pluck the weeds from the sandy soil, cut off the roots of an interesting shape and leave them to dry well for a couple of months. Then I use them to make interesting treetops and shrubs.
This baobab is made that way. A real baobab really looks like a tree growing upside down. Smile
Rest of the trees are made of Island moss (of course), of dried common knotgrass (but of carefully selected dwarf plants) and of lichens removed from the stone. However, I rarely work now with natural materials.
I may disappoint you, but the older I get, the more I want to use artificial materials. Because they are indestructible, clean and easier to work with in the living room. Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 12:40 pm

..I was almost sure it was a baobab because of its size and shape, but not quiet and I supposed it was dead because, unlike the others trees, It has no leaves, so.. I prefered to be care..

Thank you for your explanations Komodo! :)
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 9:06 pm

This is truly amazing!! What a great scenery, so many details to discover!! Awesome!! cyclops cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 1:38 am

Truly stunning piece, and with those teeny-tiny models (I know them/have a few), quite wonderful and I can attest it looks exactly like the river we camped by in Tsavo East many years ago (my mate Steve was chased up a tree by a crocodile when he tried to do the washing!), we saw a black panther there and too many scorpions!

The stagecoach Zebra's are inspired too! Is there a resource for the Manurba minis?

H

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
littlebear

littlebear

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 10:34 pm

Dear friend
Ilove very very much your display.If you need some animals .I am selling all my collection in 1/32
scales.Now I am going in 1/20 scales.I just moved to a new house and I have many box not open yet. But let me know wich animals you need.And I can suplied you.I think 1/32 scales will be perfect for your display. I have
Animals from Britain,Starlux.preiser a very rare series in 1/32 scalei HAVE ALSO FROM Blanchette and more Company
Hoping to hear from you
Littlebear Claude Drolet
Québec Canada
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 10:50 pm

Shanti wrote:
This is truly amazing!! What a great scenery, so many details to discover!! Awesome!! cyclops cheers sunny
Thank you very much, bounce Bojan bounce
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 11:31 pm

smallscaleworld wrote:
Truly stunning piece, and with those teeny-tiny models (I know them/have a few), quite wonderful and I can attest it looks exactly like the river we camped by in Tsavo East many years ago (my mate Steve was chased up a tree by a crocodile when he tried to do the washing!), we saw a black panther there and too many scorpions!

The stagecoach Zebra's are inspired too! Is there a resource for the Manurba minis?

H
Thank you very much, Hugh. You know, many years ago I did two jobs at the same time, and one was especially stressful. In moments of complete fatigue I used to review the posts in smallscaleworld.blogspot.com. Honestly, I was a bit addicted for a couple of months. In the last few years, I periodically review old and new posts looking for useful information.That is why I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I feel the deepest respect for what you have created for all of us, Applause king
Regarding Manurba minis, I have no good news. There are no specialized vintage toy stores in Serbia, at least I don't know. There are no toy collector clubs either, except perhaps periodically established wargame and warhammer clubs. Yes, there are aircraft modeling clubs, ... they always exist because they were established by the state a few decades ago.
I bought Manurba minis using an advertising site, something like Serbian e-bay ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ).
Thus, there is no source, but sometimes something interesting appears. Sellers do not know the brands, but set the prices arbitrarily - sometimes it is too cheap, sometimes it is insanely expensive. Another option is to go early in the morning (5: 00-6: 00 AM) to the flea market. That's practically all. If I can help with more information, feel free to contact me privately. Best regards, Bojan
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 11:39 pm

littlebear wrote:
Dear friend
                 Ilove very very much your display.If you need some animals .I am selling all my collection in 1/32
scales.Now I am going in 1/20 scales.I just moved to a new house and I have many box not open yet. But let me know wich animals you need.And I can suplied you.I think 1/32 scales will be perfect for your display. I have
Animals from Britain,Starlux.preiser  a very rare series  in 1/32 scalei HAVE ALSO FROM Blanchette and more Company
                                                                                                                     Hoping to hear from you
                                                                                                                      Littlebear Claude Drolet
                                                                                                                       Québec Canada
Thank you for the compliments Very Happy . Your offer is tempting, but I live in Serbia and I have a big problem to buy abroad, via e-bay and in similar ways. The flow of money is very complicated, receiving and sending shipments is even more complicated, at least for me. There are people who do it skillfully, but for me, at least for now, it is too difficult. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 2:35 am

I am very glad that some of us collectors get carried away and create things like this! Applause Applause Applause
Well done, it reminded me of me beeing in the Maasai Mara in Kenya(i have a Kenyan wife and have my second home there)last year at the Mara River, so that means you have done a very good job!

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 1:20 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I am very glad that some of us collectors get carried away and create things like this! Applause Applause Applause
Well done, it reminded me of me beeing in the Maasai Mara in Kenya(i have a Kenyan wife and have my second home there)last year at the Mara River, so that means you have done a very good job!
Thanks, that's a huge compliment. It’s wonderful to hear that my African diorama is realistic, because I’ve never been to Africa, even though I’ve always wanted to go there. sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Beautiful diorama! The models are so tiny yet they look amazingly alive in this scene Very Happy
Stunning work, thank you for sharing with us! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Ana wrote:
Beautiful diorama! The models are so tiny yet they look amazingly alive in this scene Very Happy
Stunning work, thank you for sharing with us! cheers
Thank you sunny This is a great compliment, because it comes from the great master of modeling of the STS forum. I admire your work indefinitely. cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Liiolii

Liiolii

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am

Wow, just wow! So tiny and still so realistic! Very good work. cheers

littlebear

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 6:33 pm

dear Roger.
I will send you some catalog .Give me your address and I will mail to you and just tell me wich
one you want. Littlebear
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 3:32 am

Komodo wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thanks, that's a huge compliment. It’s wonderful to hear that my African diorama is realistic, because I’ve never been to Africa, even though I’ve always wanted to go there. sunny sunny sunny

You should do that most definiatly!
It is not by far so expensive as most people think...
Tickets to Kenya are not expensive in the right time, and not even the entrance to national parcs if you use the right contacts...
Even though they use different prices for Kenyans and non-resident people like tourists, it is still affordable, and we got even picked up at home in Nairobi!
My wife paid 2000 ksh, which is € 15,68, i had to pay € 143,00($ 160,00) for the parc-entrance, but i tell you, it was so worth it!
We were there during the wildebeast-trek, and seeing so much animals at once, at so many species, and in that enviroment, you could see like 30 Km far away!
Besides that, we stayed in a camp, ruled by Maasai, with lions, hyena's ect roaming around your "room" at night, i danced with the Maasai ect, it was just awesome, and not exactly the tourist trade...
And we had the whole safari-bus for the 2 of us to![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 3:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 am

Just a few pics... Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 am

And very very rare, to find a leopard!

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 10:48 pm

Liiolii wrote:
Wow, just wow! So tiny and still so realistic! Very good work. cheers
Thank you very much, Katja sunny
Back to top Go down
Komodo

Komodo

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 11:20 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
And very very rare, to find a leopard!
Wonderful photos. Very Happy Really inspiring for a lazy and plump gentleman like me. I think you are absolutely right that I should visit Africa. I will most likely try it when my 15-year-old twins grow up a little more. At the moment, my wife and I, Neutral Neutral , are under a lot of pressure, pale pale , because we find it hard to bear their age (I hated my own 15 years) and we dedicate a lot of time to them. Practically all our free time.
The image of a leopard is really a rare achievement, even I know that. I would watch everything in Africa - from insects to elephants, from small flowers to baobabs, and of course people and their customs.Thanks again for the nice pictures, Bojan. cheers

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Hello Bojan.
I am sorry for your struggles with your teens right now, but they will grow up and behave, believe me...
By the time you really consider to go, you can contact me.
And yes, i watched everything to, i saw more things then our guide, and he gave up on me, as i was far more knowledgeable them him haha... Very Happy

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 2:15 pm

What a beautiful, beautiful diorama- you are so talented!!!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 4:56 pm

Great trip Willy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: African fauna ... different one   African fauna ... different one - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

African fauna ... different one
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next