Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mermaids and mutants topic

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
aschuck
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

The Mermaids and mutants topic Empty
PostSubject: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 7:04 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, here it is, a topic devoted to mermaids, and of course, mutants, of all sorts.

I myself have made several of these, including an armadillo mutant, two different red panda mutants, and even an albatross mutant. So what do you all think? Pretty cool? Well, if you want to see a list of the mermaids and mutants I've created, then I can post the list here sometime. Anyway, if anyone else likes this topic, then please reply to this. As for mermaids, I recently made one which I call the Round Tailed Mermaid. This one has a manatee's tail, not the tail of a fish. Maybe I should mess around with different fish forms, and see what other mermaids I can come up with. Anyway, the round tailed mermaid is the latest creation. MMaybe some day I'll make prototypes of these creatures so you can see what brilliant ideas they are. Anyway, I guess that's the end of this piece of news for now, so I'll post if there's more news.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 5:08 pm

Sounds great with a mermaid with a round tail !!!! cheers

I do not really have any mermaids or mutants, - not because I do not like them, but somewhere I have to put the limit to my ever-growing collection Wink

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 5:19 pm

Do you sculpt? I would love to see your creations! Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: No I don't sculpt   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

No, I don't sculpt. I've never been very good with clay, so you know, I'm not very good. The round tailed mermaid idea came from my head, only because I combined a person with a manatee, and that was the result. Anyway, I can tell you all that I'm going to be working on some tortoise models, using clay and buttons. If anyone is interested in seeing these when they're finished, I would be glad to show you. Also, I've made a Penguin mutant too. That one is a recent idea. Anyway, let me know if you need help with your mutant ideas, and I'll see what I can do.

Aschuck

P.S. For those of you using fabric as your format, that actually is a good idea. By fabric, I mean making your ideas in to plushies. I really don't know if anyone collects plush on this forum, but it's worth a shot to ask.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:33 pm

I collect plush dogs as part of my collection of canines Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:34 pm

Now and then I try knitting animal models Laughing

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:30 pm

They sound interesting- and your round tailed mermaid could be called a cryptid maybe, as manatees are sometimes given as inspiration for mermaids.

I don't collect mermaids or mutants, but I've seen at least a couple people here mention that they do. Your idea of a penguin mutant I'd love to see!

I know at least one or two other people here collect plushies also, I remember seeing some Beanie Babies in somebody's post.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:50 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
They sound interesting- and your round tailed mermaid could be called a cryptid maybe, as manatees are sometimes given as inspiration for mermaids.

I was thinking about it and I think it turns Anna's idea even more brilliant.
The armadillo mutant also sounds fantastic to me. I have a crocodile mutant from Papo, a very cool gift from @Suebedo. Wink

aschuck

PostSubject: Does anyone know if any brand has done an alpaca mutant? Well, I did that.   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 2:47 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, guys, I've made a new mermaid. This one has the tail of a sailfish, and also has the tall fin too. Roger, I'm glad you like the armadillo mutant. I've also done a penguin, and albatross mutant too. Another mermaid I've done is called the Chameleon of the Sea. This one looks like a salmon, but she can change in to a mermaid at will. She has the camouflaging abilities of a chameleon, so that's why she has the name that she does. When in mermaid form, she retains the salmon scales on her upper half, and has the tail of a salmon. Anyway, these are just some of the mermaids and mutants I've done. Well, that's the news for now, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:13 am

WOW !!! it seems you have tons of wonderful imagination cheers cheers

How I would love to see them bounce

aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Dolls and Mermaids.   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 1:48 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've finally found a way to successfully make the mermaids I've thought of. See, it works like this:

First, you take an 18-inch doll (The kind that you might find at Jo Annes Fabrics), and you remove the legs. Then you sew your mermaid tail, and attach it to the body of the doll, and there you are. Anyway, if this advice helps those of you making plushies, then use the advice. After all, it's my idea, but it's free for you all to use. As for other news, I haven't thought of any new mermaids or mutants yet, but I'll let you know when I do. Well, that's the news, so I'll post if there's more.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Latest news.   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 4:15 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've finally done it. a Flamingo mutant. This guy has a flamingo's neck and head, a man's body and a Flamingo's feet. At some point, I might be able to show you photos or something of all these, and I will, once they're made, that is. Anyway, in the meantime, I think I'll compile a list of all the mutants and mermaids I've made so far. As for other news, I've also done an alpaca mutant. This one has a man's body and the neck and head of an alpaca. Oh man, I'd love to see these creations in plastic figure form, but it's doubtful that Safari will take my ideas seriously, seeing as how they do have a company to run, and all that, but still ... we can still dream, and try to create these ourselves, right? I think you know what I mean, right? Well, if anyone else likes these ideas of mine, then please reply to this topic. I'll probably post here again if there's any more news.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 12:03 pm

That sounds interesting! Very Happy Maybe you could make a dog mutant next! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More Ideas anyone?   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 3:34 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, so, right now, I've had another burst of creativity, which has resulted in more mutants. At some point, I'll make a list of which ones I've done, and share the list with you. As of right now, the list isn't made yet. I can tell you that I've made a guinea pig warrior, among other things. So, if anyone wants, they can reply to this topic with new mutant ideas for me to try to picture. Remember, though, that none of these mutants are in physical form yet. That comes later. For now, I'm on the hunt for ideas. So, what do you think? Sound good? Well, if anyone has any ideas for me they would be welcome here. In the meantime I'll just keep on creating. Also, I'm planning on trying to make these mutants in some form, and when I've succeeded in this, I'll show you all my work.

Aschuck

P.S. The list of mutants does not include creatures, such as dragons and so forth. However, I am planning on making the creatures too, not just the mutants and mermaids.

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 4:13 am

I love mutants and hope, that Papo make new ones. And i want to see your mutants. bounce

aschuck

PostSubject: Yes, I can show you these, at some point.   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:24 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I think I've found a way of showing you some of the mutants I've created. All I need now is somebody who's good with manipulating photos and all that. So, this project looks promising, if you don't mind the mutants being shown as photos first. Keep in mind that I haven't found a way to reproduce them in figure or plush format yet, I'm still working on that. Anyway, the word is, yes, I can show you all these, at some point. As for recent creations, I've made an arctic werewolf, and that's probably the newest thingy. Anyway, I'll keep you posted if there's more.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Well, I really don't know what to put here, so I'll just write something to fill in this field. Sound good?   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 3:53 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Okay, I've finally done it. I've made a list of fictional people which I have created. I'll be sure to share the list with you at some point, but for now, here is a little taste for those of you that recognize that in the field of fictional creatures and other stuff, I am really talented.

Fun fact: Many of my fictional creatures are created simply because of fabrics I see, or buttons that lead to inspiration. Others are created because I see them as PVC figures in dreams, and still others are just pictures in my head, which float in front of my face sometimes. As for new additions to the list, I've recently created a centaur like creature, but instead of the body of a stallion, this one has the body of an angora goat, with the torso of a man where the head should be. Now, to be fair, and to tell those of you that this has been done before, I can assure you that no figure brand, not even safari, has dared to do other species of centaur like creatures. Okay, now you're proably thinking, why is it so easy? The answer is, look at the figures you already have in your collection, and try picturing some of them in your head. This exercise is one of the tools I use when creating a new thing, whether it be a creature or person. A good example would be the leatherback hippo. This creature is actually a cross of two different animals, a leather back sea turtle, and a hippo. This creature has the body of a leather back sea turtle, but where the turtle's head should be there is the head of a hippo. Now, you'll probably be asking yourselves, Yeah, but why is it so easy for you? Well, the answer to that is,, I don't know. All I can tell you is that in this field, I am very gifted. Anyway, if anyone wants to see the list of fictional people, then let me know. If you want more info about my creations in general, then please email me. I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 12:04 pm

Wow it sounds as though you have an amazing imagination, and I'd love to see some of your creations! cheers cheers Very Happy And you have made such interesting creatures! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Fantasy Designers Forum?   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 1:33 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, since you've said you want to see my mutants, I can't show them to you yet, I can only describe them to you because I haven't found a doable way of making them yet. However, there is hope. I just need to get my hands on an 18 inch doll, and then we can start experimenting with the mermaid ideas. I also need to get some sculpy clay, so I can show you all my different tortoises that I've created. See? This project isn't really in any form yet. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you knew if there's a fantasy designers' forum out there? The reason why I ask is that some of you don't seem interested in my ideas. Is this true, or what? Anyway, if you don't want to hear about my ideas, that's okay, but just know that my imagination runs very deep. The ideas I've shown you so far are only a fraction of what I've come up with as far as fantasy figures goes. Anyway, let me know what you think, and we'll go from there. I surely want to share my ideas with you all, but ... well ... you know what I'm trying to say, right? Anyway, just let me know how you feel. If you want to see more ideas, just ask me.

Aschuck

P.S. I have two documents full of ideas as of right now.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: A Finless Porpoise makes a great merman.   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, these days, I'm getting very creative with the mutants and mermaids I'm creating. One of these is called the finless merman, because he is a merman, who has the tail of a finless porpoise. Man, that creature makes for a cool mutant, if you can picture it yourselves. If you can't, then here's a short description:

Basically, what you do is you take a finless porpoise, and you cut off its front half, and you put the back half on the waist of a man, and there you go.

Anyway, the finless merman has already been around for a month or two, so that's great, for me anyway. And, well, I guess at this point a manta ray mutant wouldn't work out so well. Ohh well, I've tried to make this topic interesting for you all, so, let's see, what have I created lately? Well, I'm making a list of all the fictional people I've created, although at the moment, I don't know where it is. Maybe I'll post it here at some point. Also, if anyone wants to know more about the mutants that I create, then just let me know. I'll provide you with a list of these at some point.

Anyway, that's the news for now, as far as this topic is concerned, so I'll write if there's more.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: Well, here's the list.   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've found it, the list of mermaids and mutants and of every fictional person that I've created. This list was copied from two different word documents, which have detailed descriptions of these fictional people and also some creatures and things etc. Anyway, this list is not in alphabetical order. For your convenience, I've provided a brief description of each person on the list. If you need more info, then just ask.

The List:

Crescent Mermaid: Mermaid with crescent moon shaped jewel embedded in forehead, and with crescent moon shaped markings on her tail.

Coiled Mermaid: Mermaid with a very long snakelike tail, whose end is a fish's fin.

African Sphinx: A hippo with the torso of a man.

Albatross Mutant: Man with the wings and head of an albatross.

Alpaca Mutant: Man with the neck and head of an alpaca on his shoulders.
Ancient Swan Warrior: Knight who has the neck and head of a swan.

Andalosa: Woman with fairy wings, and the head of a horse.

Angel of the North: Giant with the wings of a california condor.

Armadillo Mutant: Man with the armor, head, and tail on his body.
Armored Cow Goddess: Holstein Cow dressed up in armor, with the head of a woman.

Armored Satyr: A satyr with a ceramic suit of armor, which covers every part of him, except for his hooves and horns.

Bangle Mermaid: Mermaid whose tail is all covered with flat round scales, which sort of dangle off of the skin.

Black Robed Men: Men who are sixty feet tall, wear black robes, have huge silver wings, and the heads of pteranodons.

Brass Knight: A man made of brass, who is alive because of a fire on his inside.

Camardio: Sort of like Andalosa, only male.

Cement lord: a huge man, who is sort of cube shaped, and made out of half cement, the kind sidewalks are made of.

Centaur of the sea: A huge whale, with the torso of a man where the head should be (At least, that's the briefest description I can give, considering that when I made this list, I forgot to put down brief descriptions. Anyway, going on.)

Chainmail Mermaid: Mermaid who has flat square shaped scales dangling off of her tail.

Chalk Giant: An enormous giant, made out of chalk.

Chameleon of the sea: A mermaid who can transform in to a salmon like fish whenever she likes. she has the ability to camouflage herself whenever she likes, almost like a chameleon.

Chandelian Flower People: a race of beings who dress in glittering clothes, and who are related to another race of people, who dress in garments made of flower petals.

Chavante: Some sort of deity, who was imprisoned (Once again, that's the best brief description I can give.)

Clarifonta Flower People: Similar in appearance to the Flower People, these flower people are water dwellers.

Clay Faced Elves: Elves who were cursed to wear the faces of china dolls.

Clay golem: a huge giant all made of clay.

Coin Scaled Mermaid: a Mermaid whose scales are either silver or gold. The scales themselves are textured, like coins.

Crowned Centaur: A centaur who wears an indian head dress.

Crystal Tailed Mermaid: The Crystal Tailed Mermaid is a mermaid whose tail is sort of transparent, and prismatic, like crysttal.

Cyclops Mermaid: A mermaid with only one eye, like a cyclops.

Dark Chain Mail Mermaid: This mermaid is dark skinned, and has black scales on her tail. Like the Chain Mail mermaid, whose scales are white, this darker version has flat square shaped scales, only these are black, not white.

Dark Harvesters: a race of zombies.

Dark Maestro: The conductor of an orchestra of ghosts.

Dark samurai: a powerful magician, who dresses like a Japanese samurai.

Death Rider: a Skeletal Man who rides a dark horse, and usually brings bad news. (At least, that's the best brief description I can give for now.)

Devonanchi: A resident of fairyland, who is half Italian:

Disco Mermaid: A mermaid whose tail is all prismatic, like a disco ball (Once again, this is the best description I can give you.)

Double Tailed Merman: A merman whose tail resembles a goldfish's tail in some ways.

Dough Monster: a huge giant all made out of bread dough, or clay. He is a sort of shape shifter.

Drabuelo: Drabuelo, whose name means "Gray, or drab, grandfather" is a sort of sorcerer (I think, once again, this entry is sort of vague).

Draquelo: This Spannish vampire got his name from Dracula, which I'm sure everyone has heard of.

Just a note here: If any of you read this, and think it's boring, then let me know, and I won't write any more in this post. As for me, I'm just getting my ideas out there. Don't blame me if you're bored with these. They really are brilliant.

Druina: a type of goddess.

Eagle Skeleton: a man who is very skeletal in appearance, who has an eagle's head.

Earth Queen: A great queen, who wears a cape covered with stars.

emerald Mermaid: A mermaid whose tail is a solid shade of emerald green.

Fanged gnome: a Gnome, who has long fangs in his mouth.

Father Figuero: Not to be confused with Figaro, this god is lord of the owls, and like our God, sacrificed himself for owl kind. He is basically an invisible man with wings.

Faun Knight: This knight has the same appearance as the armored satyr, but is more roguis in disposition. He carries a sword, instead of panpipes.

Firefly mutant: The Firefly mutant is basically a man with the wings of a firefly on his back.

Flower People: A race of beings who dress in flower petals.

Forest sphinx: Basically a sort of bear, or something, with a man's head. (There, that's the clearest I can make the description for this one, without having to look at my document.).

Four armed Medusa: Basically it is Medusa, but with four arms, not two.

Four armed Yeti: Basically he's a yeti, with four arms, not two.

And that's all I'm doing for now. If you want more descriptions, then just ask me.

Aschuck

P.S. Some of these were created because of fabrics I've seen.

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: A little Note to the readers.   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Concerning the list in the previous post, this list is only a fraction of what I've created. I just thought I'd let you all know that, before you read the list for yourselves. Anyway, if there's any more news, I'll keep you posted.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 am

What amazing imagination and some wonderful characters that you have created! cheers cheers cheers
The next thing to do would be to write a story about them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: I might have found a way.   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 5:12 am

Dear Sts friends:

Well, I've done it, I think. I've finally found a way to show you all pictures of some of my fictional creatures. The way it works is that you take a creature that you've already created,and if it's a creature that's a cross of two animals, then you can make a picture of this using the program Paint. Now , granted I've never done this before, so this whole making pictures of what I'm thinking is sort of new to me. You've got to admit, it's a pretty cool idea, right? I mean, what could be cooler than seeing the Crested Duck in picture format? Just FYI, a Crested Duck is basically a mallard duck, who has the head of a rockhopper Penguin. Anyway, this is the latest development in the fictional creatures project, so I'll let you know how it goes. Also, if anyone is interested in how to make a fictional tortoise using buttons and sculpy clay, I would be glad to provide a tutorial.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

PostSubject: More Mermaid News   The Mermaids and mutants topic EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 8:40 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, Mom and I are finally going to make some of my fictional creatures, using fabric. Does anyone want to see pictures when they're done? We've decided to start with the mermaids, so when we have some of them done, I'm planning to post pictures here. So if anyone wants to see the end results, let me know.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mermaids and mutants topic   The Mermaids and mutants topic Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mermaids and mutants topic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next