Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best and Worst Figure!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Best and Worst Figure! Empty
PostSubject: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 3:00 pm

I keep coming up with ideas for new topics... and this was one of them- a photo of your absolute favourite figure in your entire collection next to your absolute worst! Very Happy
I thought the contrast would be interesting for one... Shocked bounce
And also the stories behind why they are your favourite/ worst figure I am sure will be both funny and fascinating at the same time! sunny
And I'm also excited to see what everyone comes up with! bounce bounce
I was just SO hard to choose for me (I am so sorry everyone for questions that involve such difficult choices! Embarassed Wink ), but I knew it HAD to be a dog...
And would probably have to be a Schleich dog, as these are the dogs I have had all my life, and spent so many years trying to collect- and I just love the dogs from this brand! Very Happy
I then had to narrow it down to a breed, and after my first dear dog Pebble, I knew it would have to be a golden retriever I love you I love you
And so I was left with all of the lovely goldies by Schleich, and for me, my obvious favourite is this male, made during what I believe was the peak time for Schleich dogs. Not only is the sculpt so accurate to what a goldie looks like, but the expression is so kind and loving and this retriever is in every way like Pebble I love you Sad
So that was my favourite done!
Now for the worst... this made me laugh, as I know I have some very strange figures that have somehow found their way into my collection- and then I immediately thought of this poor little rabbit (Or blob?) one I recently removed because it was just not an animal anymore! Laughing lol!
It's supposed to be a squishy, but the only features that even identify it as a rabbit are the raised lumps for the ears and the eyes. And the shape- it's a blob!! Laughing And it's pink, I've never met a pink rabbit... and on top of that, as with lots of squishies it has got stickier over time... which means all the dirt sticks to it Laughing tongue pale
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anyway, I thought the contrast was very funny, and I am very excited and interested to hear what everyone else's choices are! bounce bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:31 pm

I will post mine, once I finish my school work, and let the Swale Dale rams into the top fields with our newly acquired Kerry Hill ewes, to hopefully make the next generation of award winning Mules.

That golden retriever is on my wishlist and reminds me very much of Monty Don's golden retriever Nigel who passed away in May of old age, and that's mainly why I picked it for my wishlist

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:37 pm

How exciting I love lambs! Very Happy My friend who has lots of sheep I think has also just done this quite recently... she also has lleyn sheep! But obviously not exciting about the school work, I get so much too Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Oh and I heard about Nigel, so sad, and yes it has a very 'golden retrievery' look, would definitely recommend it!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:41 pm

But if you have so much homework Lilias, how come you're always on the forum Wink Laughing

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Here's Saxon on the left and Norman on the right

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:45 pm

I'm actually doing online schooling at the moment because I'm ill so luckily have more time and don't have to do it all! But it's horrible being ill of course so the forum is a good distraction! Very Happy
And your sheep are so sweet!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Not when you're trying to get them to a place, only when they see the ladies, and have food

Not gonna lie, but I have 2 hrs of Spanish, and I am spending more time looking at the forum than doing it, I know I shouldn't get distracted

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:52 pm

Laughing
2 hours is a lot Shocked ! I stuck with French! But I'll stop distracting you... Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Perhaps we should take a round again here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] again , with new ideas and new members now ? Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Yes definitely! Very Happy
Do you mean add this topic to this list? sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best and Worst Figure!   Best and Worst Figure! Empty

Back to top Go down

Best and Worst Figure!
Page 1 of 1