Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

best figure in 2012

Go down 
+12
Roger
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
scot(t)
Sumo
widukind
stitch
christinavanderschouw
mollymesa
Ana
Bowhead Whale
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

best figure in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi!
As you already know, I always love when someone releases an obscure critter. I just loooovvveee RESEARCH!!! This is what Bullyland did when they released their Dryads. Here is one of them:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I personnally think they are GOLD MEDAL WINNERS in 2012's BEST TOY FIGURINE RELEASED!!!! They represent something unusual, they are very accurate (represent well what the legend says) and beautifully detailed. 2012 NUMBER ONE!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Nice topic Valerie, thanks for starting :) I see this Dryad for the first time scratch study
My favorites are Eland and Waterbuck by CollectA, giraffes by Bully and Iberian Lynx and Hippo female by Mojo, still any of them in my collection scratch
I could add more or much more Laughing
I think it is good year for animal figures collectors, many good releases Very Happy It will be easier for me to choose real FAVORITE when I will have more of them in collection, it's always better to see figures in person before choosing Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 pm

Dryads belong to the Celtic mythology. Theyare spirits of the forest that look like young women, but featuring vegetal parts along their arms, legs and hair; they are part human, part vegetal. They are not immortal, but can live for hundreds of years.
Back to top Go down
mollymesa

mollymesa

Country/State : South Carolina

PostSubject: The best figure    best figure in 2012 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 pm

The best figure is the Schleich 2012 Carmigue Stallion he is a perfect mold when I bought him I couldn't keep my eyes of him

christinavanderschouw

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 am

I agree if we talk about the horses, but the pogona lizard is also beautiful. it is very detailed.

if you hold it, it really feels like a lizard Razz

Back to top Go down
christinavanderschouw

christinavanderschouw

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:35 pm

I think that little squirrel on her roots is very cute!

Back to top Go down
stitch

stitch

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Don´t forget the other one :

Also absolutely great !

Back to top Go down
http://figurenfundgrube.de
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:28 pm

My favourite is the CollectA waterbuck scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Dryads belong to the Celtic mythology. Theyare spirits of the forest that look like young women, but featuring vegetal parts along their arms, legs and hair; they are part human, part vegetal. They are not immortal, but can live for hundreds of years.
Dryads are Greek, if you want to be pedantic, but similar figures are found in several mythologies (probably dating back to the earliest human cultures).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Sumo wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Dryads are Greek, if you want to be pedantic, but similar figures are found in several mythologies (probably dating back to the earliest human cultures).

Anyone else wants to share his/her gold medal winner figure for this year?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Better than the Bullyland Dryads? NO WAY!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Anyone else wants to share his/her gold medal winner figure for this year?

It's really hard to choose this early, especially when only today I received a package from TGF with a whole bunch of the new CollectA figures. (The horns on the Giant Eland and on the Waterbuck are mangled. I'm annoyed about that.)

Not only are that, but my favorites change from day to day. But I will say that the CollectA Giraffe, which I got a while ago, continues to impress me. And I agree with Anna above that the Mojo Hippo is just awesome.

From the group of animals I just received and have barely had a chance to look at, this is an early favorite:

The CollectA Striped Hyena. I think CollectA has been amazing this year. In any other year, Mojo would have run away with the prize instead of tying with CollectA or being a close second. But I think CollectA's best models are inspiring.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Better than the Bullyland Dryads? NO WAY!!! affraid

Laughing

Mollymesa, there is already a topic about best figure 2012. I will merge them now Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:25 am

scot(t) wrote:
(The horns on the Giant Eland and on the Waterbuck are mangled. I'm annoyed about that.
That's awful Scott, are they sending you replacements?

That collecta giraffe is so beautiful, I really can't wait to get it (I'm not so keen on the calf) and of course their Okapi is a must for me.

From Papo's wildlife this year, their wild sow is gorgeous.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 am

Only a little over half the year has gone (and I do noy have all, of course) but as I got the fabulous gnu from CollectA, Let me give it a shot for what I have seen so far :

Perhaps they are not the best, but they are the ones I like best Wink

Schleich : Afgrican pygmy hedgehog

Safari : Sable antilope ( the only one I have from 2012 Laughing )

Bullyland : Fallow deer

Papo : Cassis Lapdog

Mojo : The Fjord horse

CollectA : The GNU

AAA : The red pandas

Maia & Borges : Red -throated loom

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:00 am

And now also the M&B waterfowls. Very Happy

But i missing all my favourites at the moment Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:12 am

widukind wrote:

Yesss !!!! They may be THE best news of all models this year ! This century perhaps Shocked
I give them 6 stars out of 5 Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:55 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
(The horns on the Giant Eland and on the Waterbuck are mangled. I'm annoyed about that.
That's awful Scott, are they sending you replacements?

I decided not to ask for replacements and just try to unmangle them myself. I'm optimistic. Both the Eland's and the Waterbuck's horns seem to be righting themselves nicely so far. :) (Thank you for your thoughtful inquiring though. sunny )

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:57 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yesss !!!! They may be THE best news of all models this year ! This century perhaps Shocked
I give them 6 stars out of 5 Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers

I have to get these Waterfowls. Would anyone kindly remind me of the links for ordering them? I can't seem to find it.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:07 pm

scot(t) wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

I have to get these Waterfowls. Would anyone kindly remind me of the links for ordering them? I can't seem to find it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (shipping is expensive but here i think i can help)

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Thank you Andreas!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:17 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Maia & Borges : Red -throated loom

Susanne, all your choices are very interesting but I'm glad you introduced M&B among them.
I still have not a favorite but your choice is very good.
A bucolic expression in a piece of plastic that balances dramatically a bird in a prosaic pose standing in an romantic bank of roses! Very, very good! flower
Susanne's picture! flower

PostSubject: Best of 2012 = Bearded Dragon   best figure in 2012 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 am

I like this one from Safari Ltd. (The pic is from their flickr site; that's why it has the labels.) So realistic, right down to the texture.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 pm

joshgreer wrote:

I like this one from Safari Ltd. (The pic is from their flickr site; that's why it has the labels.) So realistic, right down to the texture.

Welcome here sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Schleichfreund

Schleichfreund

PostSubject: Best piece 2012   best figure in 2012 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Welcome here :) :)

lg Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best figure in 2012   best figure in 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

best figure in 2012
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next