Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)

Go down 
+41
SeanieP
aschuck
Mikwe'spal
rogerpgvg
twilighter
Rhombo Eric
burton70
Max
Michelle
donny ong
endogenylove
arafan
Farm collector
MartinH
Bloodrayne
Fossa
LukaLeon085
VASILIS
Duck-Anch-Amun
jtoddthree@gmail.com
Pardofelis
RtasVadumee
QuollMate
costicuba
Tupolew Tu-154
pipsxlch
Gwaine
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
Advicot
widukind
lucky luke
Pepi
Megaptera
Roger
bmathison1972
Bonnie
Taos
spacelab
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 12:52 pm

The first post is updated again with all the releases of 2021 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I may not have many to buy from the novelties as I only collect wild life, but it seems that all models are of great quality and CollectA is (more slowly now) building up a fantastic line of animal figures.
As far for wild and domestic animals, it seems the focus was to update the very old models that were not on the same level with the ones made after 2011.
And they are doing a great job!

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Collecta has beautiful sculptures! Very Happy Applause cheers
But this year nothing for me ...! Mad silent confused affraid
I was expecting a Bear because for many years it has not collected any! study Wink
Of course a monkey, a bird, a wild bovid or a caprid! bounce
Alas, we will have to wait another year! Wink
I have nothing against the koala, it is wonderful but this is the third ... No
My sable antelopes are still waiting for a little one! scratch

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fossa

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 1:57 pm

i was very criticist a week or two ago, but i've gotta admit i like the new marsupials quite a lot.

but i also have to say that this years theropod dinos look weird and goofy as in the early days of colelcta.

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 2:36 pm

Wonderful models !! Thank Collecta!

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 3:28 pm

this will be my 2021 CollectA purchases:

YES:
basking shark (replaces Safari Ltd)
American lobster
donkey (replaces older CollectA)
Texas longhorn cattle
Xiphactinus

MAYBE:
exotic shorthair cat
Mongollian stallion
Pravitoceras (size dependent)

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 3:29 pm

Okay, I’ll admit to being a little excited about the male red kangaroo and the koala. Both of these are species I was disappointed I could not get from Southlands replicas before they went out of stock on the websites I was checking, and I was considering the Schleich koala but lost on a kangaroo. I am still keeping my eye on the Ikimon Australia set, but depending on how these marsupials look in person, they may join my collection (along with the basking shark, and possibly the boxer, beagle, and/or donkey). I know people really like the longhorn, but it just doesn’t convince me that much? The face looks too dog-like in my opinion. I had the same qualm with the Tyrol Grey released last year.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 6:04 pm

Thanks again for keeping this topic updated. cheers
Obviously these were not the species I wished most but we all know CollectA is renewing its range with updated versions of common animals. Judging from the provided pictures, often very faithful when compared with the final product, I really like all models without exception. From the kangaroo, koala, otter, donkey or even the Beagle that looks the better rendition of this breed I’ve ever seen. They are so good that I may want to buy them even if I don’t need these species. Not the most fantastic year but again a step forward from CollectA to increase the average quality of its range. Now it is time to wait for some signs of life from Mojo Fun, Papo and also to see if Safari has something else to show.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks again for keeping this topic updated. cheers
Obviously these were not the species I wished most but we all know CollectA is renewing its range with updated versions of common animals. Judging from the provided pictures, often very faithful when compared with the final product, I really like all models without exception. From the kangaroo, koala, otter, donkey or even the Beagle that looks the better rendition of this breed I’ve ever seen. They are so good that I may want to buy them even if I don’t need these species. Not the most fantastic year but again a step forward from CollectA to increase the average quality of its range. Now it is time to wait for some signs of life from Mojo Fun, Papo and also to see if Safari has something else to show.
Well said Roger! Very Happy
And as I said earlier, I completely agree about the Beagle, it is just amazing!! cheers And I agree, although it is disappointing for some, at least they are producing beautiful models, and of course it's quality not quantity! And amazing that they can produce these even during this tricky year! cheers
And I too am excited for Mojo and Papo- is it usually early or late December that they release their figures? bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 6:28 pm

That,s right Bonnie Very Happy Mojo and Papo will release their 2021 figurnes any time soon now bounce
I can hardly wait bounce bounce cheers

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Thank you so much Ivar, I can't wait too! Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 6:35 pm

I almost bought the new Mojo donkey to replace the older CollectA one; glad I held out, as the 2021 CollectA one looks superb

Re: Roger, agree with everything you just said.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 7:00 pm

spacelab wrote:
For those who wonder about Basking shark's size, it's 22,5cm X 7cm

Thanks! Perfect for 1:32 scale.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 7:33 pm

For me this last batch was worth waiting for. Considering the various struggles the big brands have had to face, I am satisfied so far between CollectA, Schleich, and Safari. Now we just gotta see Mojo Fun and Papo figures. bounce

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Mikwe'spal

Mikwe'spal

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 pm

OOOOohoooh! These are so exciting! I use to be a die-hard Schleich fan but man oh man... Collecta is really blowing me away with these new models! I love the shorthair cat.. it's cool to see a new breed of cat with such a pudgy little face lol! The boxer and beagle are certainly on my wishlist now, as well as the Texas Longhorn and possibly the koala and otter.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Some lovely models there so will be adding quite a few to my list!! Smile Smile

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Okay, at the moment no highlight in 2021 for my zoo

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Well, I really don't know, but the otter for me looks more like a weasel, and yes, I know that they are closely related, but I wait for a walk-around of it, as I don't think they choose the best picture.
The male Kangaroo looks better at the second view, but it will form an awkward pair with the repainted female. And I'm not really happy about the face, Papo seems to have done it better.
For the Koala, I would have expected them going for an other "pouch baby", too bad they didn't. The male looks good, but isn't the neck a bit too long?
The donkey is one of the figurines I consider to buy, this looks really well done, the same goes to the dogs and the longhorn.
I also am amazed by the Doedicurus, really looking forward to it.
Does anyone has the sizes of these figurines?

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Questions about repaints.   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 12:49 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've looked at the list of Collecta 2021, and I have some questions:

1. When Collecta, or the list of new Collecta says repaint, does this mean a new paint job, or a new sculpt? If this is a new sculpt for the meerkat and kangaroo, then I might get them, otherwise, I think I'll pass. Okay, if anyone could clarify what a new paint job means, versus a new sculpt, that would be great. Anyway, that was my only question. As far as what I'm getting, I'll have to see when the new collecta stuff is available. It looks like a good year for the marsupial and prehistoric boxes, even though there's less coming in from Safari. Oh well, maybe they'll do better later on. Anyway, I'm really excited to see these new figures. I've never had a baryonyx figure that I liked up until now. I think Safari's version will be my first.

Well, that's the news, so I'll post if there's more going on.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 1:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], some may find your question out of place but it is actually very interesting.
A repaint is when the same exact figure/sculpt receives a new paintjob. Let me only informe you that CollectA is releasing a completely new kangaroo, a powerful and muscular dominant male in a upright pose. This model is not a repaint once it is a new sculpt as it was said. However, CollectA decided to keep its previous kangaroo, that is a female, thus, they decided to updated the paintjob to match the better colors of the new male. So, if you want a new model, it is the male. The meerkat is also a repaint, thus, the old model with new colors. The koala is a completely new figure and in a different pose when compared with the two previous models. I know it is important for you to know because a repainted model has no interest for you at all.
If you want us to describe the pose or any feature of the new releases, please feel free to ask.

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 2:40 am

I really like CollectA's realistic models, they are great. But I will only get one of these new ones, if even, is the gorilla baby. I wish there was more wildlife -- lots of horses and prehistoric creatures.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 3:46 am

spacelab wrote:
Doedicurus ( Deluxe 1:20 scale)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pravitoceras

[/b]

Wonderful cheers

As a prehistoric collector, there is some good stuff for me 2021.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 5:48 am

The new red kangaroo male is a good news for people who missed the SR one and the Koala seems to follow the 2020 sloth path, it looks big but very fine.
I hope we will see more pics of the intriguing otter soon.
As far as I’m concerned CollectA will give me happiness and some inconvenience in 2021.
First cheers  happiness sunny  I was hoping for a Xiphactinus this year, especially from CollectA or Safari Ltd and my wish will come true !
Then the inconvenience... drunken bounce scratch I will probably say goodbye to the Safari ltd basking shark because as some of you teached me the CollectA is better proportionned, but it is bigger So I will need to find a place on a different shelf already crowded.
Also, the doedicurus seems absolutely irresistible but I have no place on my 1/20 Extinct animals shelf for it and the other 1/20 shelves are already crowded too. My hope is CollectA scale will be pure fantasy and I will find a place on the 1/15 or 1/25 shelves. Poor Kiki Laughing
At last, too big or not, as a froggie, I will buy the Darwin frog because I think it is an excellent model and I want to encourage Western companies to make such animals in the future.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 7:24 am

About sizes Arafan and some others asked:

Doedicurus: 18cm X 7,6cm  (width x height)
Donkey : 11cm X 8,1cm
Longhorn Bull: 16,2cm X 8,6cm
Koala: 6cm X 6cm
Beagle: 7,4cm X 4,9cm
Boxer: 8,6cm X 6,7cm
Otter: 9cm X 4,3cm
Kangaroo Male: 8,8cm X 10,7cm
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 7:41 am

Another thing worth mentioning, because I understand some will get impatient, that most of the novelties are to be released in the second half of 2021. That means it's unlikely to find them before August or September 2021...

The models for the first half of 2021 are the Lobster, Meerkat, Female Kangaroo, Basking Shark, five dinos and two horses.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 7:55 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
spacelab wrote:
Doedicurus ( Deluxe 1:20 scale)

Pravitoceras

[/b]

Wonderful cheers

As a prehistoric collector, there is some good stuff for me 2021.

Das freut mich für dich. So ist wenigstens ein Sammler aus DD glücklich :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)   CollectA 2021 -   UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2021 - UPDATED with FINAL batch (27 November)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next