Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)

Go down 
+37
Joliezac
zosenwoans
Mitsukuni
Dutch Bear
donny ong
Bloodrayne
Liiolii
Farm collector
Shanti
Pardofelis
Caracal
Tyrannotitan1984
Ana
Tupolew Tu-154
VASILIS
Michelle
Taos
Megaptera
Advicot
Kikimalou
Fossa
NightLioness
Mikwe'spal
aschuck
Pepi
WhiteLightning Wolf
lucky luke
RtasVadumee
Roger
endogenylove
widukind
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:03 pm

I would like to see closer view but with just this one, I can say it's a true camargue breed with its light body, its high standing head and its "primigenius" horns shape. Camargue bulls are lighter and slimer than Spanish fighting bulls but they are far more agile, true goats! I saw some going up the steps of arena during a camargue race, another one, went up to the higher floor of "Galeries Lafayette" store, in Nîmes following the steps!.. They could not be used for corrida because they would'nt kill the "muleta" Laughing ..   During camargue races, the men who run with them or more exactly "skim over them" must be very athletic and prudents!.. I would add that some are true stars followed by thousands of fans and when they are getting too old to play, they end peacefully their life in the grass fields.. If they have been very good, some are honoured by the erection of a statue! :)

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
This is indeed an expensive hobby. For the price of one normal western brand figure, said Papo, Schleich, Safari or CollectA (around 6-8 euro usually, except smaller and bigger ones), you can buy 3 or 4 polybags full of chinamals. You can easily change 20 figures of different species by one single figure of western brands. Parents that don't want to spend too much money in these toys go to buying chinamals, and children love them. This is where the main market resides. But there are also those parents that want a better quality toys for their children, or those that have children with interest in the quality of these animals. Hopefully, future collectors, tough many abandon the hobby when they grow. And this is the market that western brands need for selling their figures. If you want quality you must pay more money, as in all things of life. Collecting the kind of figures that most of the forum members here have, is expensive. Collecting just figures is not expensive, if we go to any Chinese shop and buy all these bad quality knockoffs and unbranded simplistic toys. Same as if we say that eating is expensive if we're in a gourmet forum, while eating just soups and vegetables is not expensive.

But parents buying animals for their children is NOT a hobby.
Hobby is what we do.
All I was saying was that this hobby is not as expensive as many others.
And, as I said, I agree that we are not the main focus of companies. So we may just be happy they release these obscure species we like!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:05 pm

Caracal wrote:
I would like to see closer view but with just this one, I can say it's a true camargue breed with its light body, its high standing head and its "primigenius" horns shape. Camargue bulls are lighter and slimer than Spanish fighting bulls but they are far more agile, true goats! I saw some going up the steps of arena during a camargue race, another one, went up to the higher floor of "Galeries Lafayette" store, in Nîmes following the steps!.. They could not be used for corrida because they would'nt kill the "muleta" Laughing ..   During camargue races, the men who run with them must be very athletic and prudents!.. I would add that some are true stars followed by thousands of fans and when they are getting too old to play, they end peacefully their life in the grass fields.. If they have been very good, some are honoured by a statue erection  :)

In 'running with the bulls' are those Camargue or Spanish Fighting?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:10 pm

During camague race, only camargue bulls of course, spanish heavy bulls don't run  very fast (just see Pampeluna race) :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Pepi wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:
This is indeed an expensive hobby. For the price of one normal western brand figure, said Papo, Schleich, Safari or CollectA (around 6-8 euro usually, except smaller and bigger ones), you can buy 3 or 4 polybags full of chinamals. You can easily change 20 figures of different species by one single figure of western brands. Parents that don't want to spend too much money in these toys go to buying chinamals, and children love them. This is where the main market resides. But there are also those parents that want a better quality toys for their children, or those that have children with interest in the quality of these animals. Hopefully, future collectors, tough many abandon the hobby when they grow. And this is the market that western brands need for selling their figures. If you want quality you must pay more money, as in all things of life. Collecting the kind of figures that most of the forum members here have, is expensive. Collecting just figures is not expensive, if we go to any Chinese shop and buy all these bad quality knockoffs and unbranded simplistic toys. Same as if we say that eating is expensive if we're in a gourmet forum, while eating just soups and vegetables is not expensive.

But parents buying animals for their children is NOT a hobby.
Hobby is what we do.
All I was saying was that this hobby is not as expensive as many others.
And, as I said, I agree that we are not the main focus of companies. So we may just be happy they release these obscure species we like!

Pepi we misunderstood each other, I answered first to Spacelab and RtasVadumee posts about Papo strategy, dare one or stupid, I spoke about the prices to explain my point on Papo strategy, I was not talking about collectors.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You have a wonderful crazy avatar today cheers
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 5:16 pm

To simplify it, these are expensive toys but an affordable adult's collecting hobby.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 5:17 pm

spacelab wrote:
To simplify it, these are expensive toys but an affordable adult's collecting hobby.

Exactly
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Roger wrote:
...and Mojo Fun..

I suppose that Roger has a crystal ball and sees the future. Idea
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 6:38 pm

spacelab wrote:

So accurate :)

I was also surprised by Roger's predicions and go fast to check the Mojo's section XD
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 10:05 pm

spacelab wrote:

- No Dinosaurs.
- No new horses, just 2 repaints.

No dinosaurs is a little sad, but no new horses is good. We have enough from other brands. tongue
But I'm happy with Papo 2021.

I hope the Caterpillar is big, so i can use it as an extraterrestrial. lol!

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 11:01 am

Oooh, I spotted a spanish bull!! Thank you for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 3:38 pm

Shanti wrote:
Oooh, I spotted a spanish bull!! Thank you for sharing! Very Happy

..it's not a spanih bull Shanti, see up.. :)
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Oh yes I am sorry, but no matter, it's a black beautiful bull! Hopefully it will fit to my herd of spanish bulls! :)
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Maybe someone is interested...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 11:42 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 9:50 am

Thank you for sharing! The riders of the western and english sets are interesting! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You have a wonderful crazy avatar today cheers

Thank you! I like the macaque in a Santa hat a lot too! Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 11:24 am

At last cheers I was almost loosing hope that Papo would release any figurines this year. Very nice models indeed bounce Applause cheers

Liiolii

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 2:52 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Finally!!! European birds!!! Robin, heron, yessss!!!!!

I agree!!! I love you Robin, heron and also Canada goose are on my wishlist.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 8:45 pm

I found a link to the complete 2021 catalogue:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:03 pm

Many thanks for sharing Simone! :)

.. but no more Camargue bull in the catalogue.. :/

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:05 pm

Thank you so much! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 pm

It seems the Anaconda is indeed cancelled all together. No sign of it in the new catolgue.

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 am

Caracal wrote:
Many thanks for sharing Simone! :)

.. but no more Camargue bull in the catalogue.. :/

Because after page 30 it jumps to 36, so no farm animals.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next