Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A strange story!

Go down 
+10
Farm collector
Roger
pipsxlch
Pardofelis
Advicot
landrover
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Bonnie
Caracal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By the end of the 19th century and a fine day of the biginning winter, one of my ancestors, Antoine Caminade, had been sent by his father to get the farm rent of his tenant farmer Jules Levesque from "Baylet" on the high plateau.

It was a 2 hours walk to climb and half and 1 to go back but Antoine, a 20 years old young man, was rather happy to avoid the boring farm work by this sunny day..

.. More than one hour later, arrived on the plateau, he didn't believe what his eyes were seeing!..

.. Ahead.. twoo wolves were walking on his way!..

.. and twoo others on his back!..

Antoine knew that wolves did'nt attack healthy adult men and decided to hide his fears.. making the way stones to sing with its solid stick..

.. So he continued his way with his strange companions who walked keeping always the same distances..

Halth an hour later, he arrived at Baylet. The wolves stopped and leaved him to go quietly..

There, he told his strange adventure to Jules.

" Be quiet now, I'll give you Borruch to go back, he doesn't fear wolves and already killed one!" said this latter. As I keep the sheep inside or just around, I don't need him by now"

And after a good meal and some fulled Casic wine glasses, Antoine decided to go back to arrive a long time before night.

The wolves had disapeared.

" I'll come down next month to get Borruch back, it will be the occasion to drink some glasses with your father and grand!.. and don't worry now, no wolf would dare to bite Borruch at its Studded collar!" said Jules.

And reassured by the good wine and the presence of the molosse on his side, Antoine leaved..

.. but at the entrance of the woods, just at the top of the plateau, Borruch growled:

The wolves were there, waiting for him!.. Ahead..

..and back..

Antoine hardly retained borruch to attack them because he knew well it had no chance against 4 wolves!..

and the walk went on, like during the morning, the wolves keeping the distance but walking with him..

"If they didn't attack when I was alone, why would they do it now I am with this hugue dog"  tried he to reassure himself..

To be faster in the valley, he decided to fall down by the cliffs..

At a moment, to encourage himself, he began to sing loud:

" Trois jeunes tambouours s'en revenant de gueerre, trois jeunes tambouours s'en revenant de guerre et ri et ran! ran pa ta plan! s'en revenant de gueerre!.."

The alpha couple ahead stopped immediatly and began to howl!.. we forgot how frightening could be the howl of the wolves..

the wolves behind, had stopped too but they didn't sing..

Antoine decided to go on.. the wolves walked again..

.. opening the way..

.. and closing it too!..

One hour later, Antoine and Borruch arrived at the bridge upon Dourbie river which marked the entrance of the village..

.. Here again, the wolves parted and stopped, leaving them to go..

During all his life, Antoine thought that wolves had waited him to fall down to devorate him and that's what believed my grand father who told me this strange story..  but there are other stories in the country sides about wolves walking with people during a long time without any attack and I don't know well what to think about!

the end

(Antoine and Borruch from Papo, Jules from Schleich, waiting wolves from Schleich, following walking wolves from Bullyland, walking alpha wolves ahead from Schleich and Papo, howling wolves from Schleich and Bullyland, none has been injuried or lost!  Laughing )

Last edited by Caracal on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:36 pm; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Amazing story, so realistic and I love the wolves! sunny cheers Very Happy Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:44 pm

A strange and beautyful story Shocked

And lovely pictures Very Happy

I wonder why the wolves did that ,  - were they making sure he did not approach their puppies, or ...or...? scratch

Caracal

Caracal

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 4:03 pm

Thanks to you both Bonnie and Susanne! :)

Susanne, unlike in my little story, it was a very cold and snowy winter and these wolves were probably halth dead of hungry!..

European wolves lived during many thousand of years with hunting men before neolithic epoch and they maybe used to cooperate when the times were very hard to get preys. Hunting with men could increase their chance to survive. Maybe, wolves kept in their instinct of self preservation the use to reach men in desesperate situations.. it's just an hypothesis of course!..

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Fantastic story Alain, breathtaking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 4:49 pm

It is an interesting story, with nice pictures. Applause Applause

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 4:53 pm

An amazing story, Alain. The photos really helped, thank you.

And it's also good because my home is covered in snow and these photos of France really warm me up

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Advicot wrote:
An amazing story, Alain. The photos really helped, thank you.

And it's also good because my home is covered in snow and these photos of France really warm me up

Well it is south of France Very Happy My home (in the north) is covered with... scratch Winter is coming ?? No way, only rain and rain and more rain What a Face
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Same her : Rain, rain, rain ! Rolling Eyes

Very fortunate that the houses have roofs Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 pm

These pictures have been shot last winter, Baylet is under snow for 2 days like the major part of Aveyron department!

It's an old story I didn't dare to post because of my poor English and I spent 2 hours with the dictionnary on my knees! :)

Thanks to you all Christophe, Fernando and Adam! :)

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:26 pm

Caracal wrote:
 These pictures have been shot last winter, Baylet is under snow for 2 days like the major part of Aveyron department!

It's an old story I didn't dare to post because of my poor English! :)

What poor English ? affraid Your English is very, very good !
I wonder how many of us could write like that in French Wink

Back to the story...it might be that way the first ancestors of the dogs joined people.
Hungry, they learned that humans are good hunters and may leave food in their wake Very Happy

Caracal

Caracal

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:28 pm

Yes Susanne, this behaviour could explain the domestication of some wolves..
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 11:56 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Caracal, you should become a novelist! You're soo talented for making illustrated tales!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 12:10 am

Thank you Pardo! :)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 3:46 am

Applause Applause What a story! Caracal, thank you for sharing it, you did an excellent job. cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 10:48 am

Thank you Pipsxich! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 2:09 pm

I wonder how long you took to take and set these perfect pictures and I also your adventure with your dictionary to write something such complex and well written. It is a fact that the result is quite impressive and this is surely a fabulous topic. It is a joy to see that STS receives these demonstrations of dedication. cheers
I enjoy that you demystify the bad reputation these wonderful animals gained among humans and I believe you are right and perhaps it also represents a little part of the domestication of human’s best friend. I am incredibly impressed with this topic and I think it is a very glorious way to receive the turn of the year. cheers

Country/State : Norway

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 2:43 pm

A very interesting story and very nice pictures Applause Thank you very much Applause cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Wow, what a cool story! And so interesting, so many questions! I love that it's based on a family story. Some great photos too. Thank you for sharing Very Happy

I remember years ago making photo stories was quite popular (I think it was on the first toy animal forum, back in 2007/2008). It's so great to see this fun form is making a come back!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 6:02 pm

Oh how wonderful- now there is a Papo Newfoundland!! cheers cheers Very Happy
And another group of excelllent photos, showing an excellent story- your scenes look alive! Very Happy And I love how you brought a dog into it too! Very Happy
And I also think that your English is amazing! cheers I'm doing French GCSE, but I definitely couldn't write a story like you can in English- maybe one day I should try for fun to do one in French! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Great story!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 7:29 pm

Very Happy  many thanks to you all for your warm words Rogério, Ivar, Ana, Bonnie and  Shanti! :)
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Beautifull and fantasyfull story!
And then all the affords you had to make with shooting all of these pictures...
Very nicely done! Applause cheers

Caracal

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 am

Thank you Willybacoman! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A strange story! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange story!    A strange story! Empty

Back to top Go down

A strange story!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next