Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill

Go down 
+5
Pardofelis
Roger
SUSANNE
Bonnie
Advicot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill Empty
PostSubject: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 8:15 pm

Today I thought I would try and make some figures, I got one done, a Rhinoceros Hornbill and in my opinion turned out very well for my first attempt.

Here it is with the Schleich toco toucan Very Happy  Hope you all enjoy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 9:07 pm

It turned out amazingly! cheers cheers Applause
I'm not sure I could make such an unusual species- everything is right and the colours are wonderful! sunny Fantastic addition to your collection too!
I'm already excited for more! Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Thanks Lillias, your tips really helped, and yes I will do many more figures!

Anybody can suggest species, as long as they are fairly unusual :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm

A wonderful bird cheers

Really great model for a first try Applause Applause Applause Applause

It is amazing that there aren't very many hornbills made as models scratch

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Thank you Susanne, yes I wish there were more hornbill figures, but it's an unusual animal and children like popular species Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 12:23 am

It is fantastic that you are also sculpting and painting and making your own models! That’s a very promising start with one of the most interesting bird species you could choose. cheers Will you make a rhea? Idea

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 7:18 am

At last, after more than a year, we are allowed to see your first homemade models! Congrats, dear Adam!! I think you will be addict to modelling once started Very Happy

Rhinoceros hornbill is a wise election too. No brand did this bird despite how spectacular and distinctive is it. I think that I should add this species to my "to do" list, too! I did a Great Indian hornbill instead, but was for commision and hence not in my collection.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 9:44 am

Thank you both, and yes I am addicted to making more! Laughing

Now a rhea, that'll be quite hard, but I'll practise on it Smile

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:09 am

It's a real pleasure to sculpt our own figures and I am sure you will enjoy more and more! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 am

Thanks, and I really am Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:24 am

A rhea is really a hard challenge at this stage. Legs will be particularly difficult. Maybe you can try a corvidae next, they love people who live in farms. Wink

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 am

Very good idea Roger a corvid would be very welcome in my collection, to go along with my raven and blue jay!

I'm going to attempt an azure winged magpie Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am

An azure wingged magpie, what a coincidence, it was the exact species I was thinking about while writing my post. I was lazy to check the English name.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 11:09 am

I'm physic alien

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 11:10 am

Azure-winged magpie is very emblematic in Portugal so I no wonder that you tought in it, Roger Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 2:13 pm

Nice work :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 pm

Thanks Andreas

Now my azure winged magpie is in the oven baking, I will post a photo once it is all painted and show a comparison between the Safari blue jay and raven

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 pm

Congratulations Adam, Very Happy Applause cheers
I very much appreciate your first stammering of flight and happy that you have also chosen this remarkable bird. Applause
I am happy that your flight leads you towards other horizons and in point of view on other species of birds. study
I see that 2021 will be the year of the Hornbills! .... cheers Smile bounce drunken
For my part, I am preparing a tsunami for you, Shocked tongue Wink
as Susanne says so well, Pardefolis we would all like to see in the majors of these particular birds! study Idea
Adam I look forward to your next models sunny
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 5:12 pm

Thank you very much Jean Luc, I have finished making my azure winged magpie and it's painted. Now I am waiting for my female rhinoceros hornbill as it is currently in the oven.

I'll show my magpie soon :)

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 8:47 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers study
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm

Advicot wrote:
Thank you very much Jean Luc, I have finished making my azure winged magpie and it's painted. Now I am waiting for my female rhinoceros hornbill as it is currently in the oven.

I'll show my magpie soon :)

bounce bounce bounce cheers

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 9:34 pm

I'm away from home till early tomorrow morning so I'll post photos on my break at school

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 6:19 am

Bravo Adam ! Applause
Keep going sunny

PostSubject: Re: My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill   My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill Empty

Back to top Go down

My Models - Rhinoceros Hornbill
Page 1 of 1