Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Female Wreathed Hornbill

Go down 
+7
WILLYBACOMAN
aandmkw
Ana
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
Berlinzoo954
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Country/State : Miami, FL

Female Wreathed Hornbill Empty
PostSubject: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:24 am

Phil's just received the female Wreathed Hornbill that i sent him, to go alongside his male, and i'm posting a picture of the Hornbill, that i'm sure will find a nice spot on his diorama very soon.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:50 am

Very fine hornbill Very Happy
Those birds are really fantastic but, excepting the japanese side, there is IMHO no chances to see a company produce one...
Maybe Safari ?
But of course you have your own impressive provider Danny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:20 am

You are right Kiki, birds have never been high in the list of figures from modern companies, and yes this Hornbill is from the same collection, Phil already had the male, he took some great shots in his avatar, so i wonder what he will do with the female.
This other two hornbills are papuan Hornbill, an impressive Asian Species as well, at one point i had a hornbill collection of over 35 species all from the same Japanese Scultor and a real treasure, but i have reduced the amount of species to around 20 now still more than most real life zoos hold in their collectios.

Papuan male and female[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:26 am

They are great Danny. Very Happy

I can't wait to see more Wink
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:42 am

Yes Kiki,

I will for sure line up all of the hornbills and take a couple shots of them, before others fly out of the zoo without even opening its doors yet.

I have a very large collection of rare birds and most will probably never be done by any of the companies, very lucky to have our Japanese Master Artist take an interest in the project. Here are a couple of pictures of other rare species, not hornbills.

one in particular i'm sure most in the forum have never heard or seen, since not even the fantastic Juron birdpark in singapore holds it anymore. The umbrella bird [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:46 am

The one above is the Long-wattled Umbrellabird, i also have a Bare-necked Umbrellabird, similar but with a bright red marking on its chest, both part of the birdhouse at the zoo.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:43 am

Fantastic, they're lovely Danny!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:29 am

Berlinzoo954 wrote:

I'm sure most in the forum have never heard or seen, since not even the fantastic Juron birdpark in singapore holds it anymore. The umbrella bird [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Great model Danny cheers

Willy is IMHO in the best place to see one because there is a Long-wattled Umbrellabird at the NOP Eindhoven
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:55 am

Interesting, i'm sure one of the big bird collections in Germany might have it, but neither Berlin or Frankfurt had it in my time there, and no zoo in North America has it either, not even the mighty San Diego or Bronx, and the funny thing is none of the subspecies are endangered, so getting the bird shouldn't be the problem.

By the way Kiki, i have been delaying a trip to Paris for some time waiting for their long awaited Zoo of the Future to open, any words other than what can be found online as to what the real timeframe might be? My fiancee is really eager to visit Paris, but wouldn't mind waiting a year or so for their new zoo to open.

I think that Paris has to be the only premiere city of the world that has been without a zoo for so long, their Museum of Natural History is a jewel and the Aquarium is not bad at all, but hopefully the zoo lives up to the expectations, the Valencia Bioparc did for the most part, would have loved the place to be a little more landscaped thought, but Fuengirola Bioparc does Rainforest proud in that department.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 am

Interesting bird:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 am

Beautiful figures of birds Danny, Thank you for showing Very Happy
And thank You for lesson-I've heard about umbrella bird first time here cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Beautiful birds. I can't wait to see more and more. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Fantastic models and birds again Danny, as we could aspect from you of course!

I don't know if the NOP Parrott-Parc does have an umbrella bird actually, or maybe Avifauna Bird-Parc in Alphen aan de Rijn has.
I actually never heard of this first parc... Laughing
In Germany i would give Vogelpark Walsrode a good chace, where i was several times in my youth, when i lived not so far away from there.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:41 am

Berlinzoo954 wrote:

Interesting, i'm sure one of the big bird collections in Germany might have it, but neither Berlin or Frankfurt had it in my time there, and no zoo in North America has it either, not even the mighty San Diego or Bronx, and the funny thing is none of the subspecies are endangered, so getting the bird shouldn't be the problem.

By the way Kiki, i have been delaying a trip to Paris for some time waiting for their long awaited Zoo of the Future to open, any words other than what can be found online as to what the real timeframe might be? My fiancee is really eager to visit Paris, but wouldn't mind waiting a year or so for their new zoo to open.

I think that Paris has to be the only premiere city of the world that has been without a zoo for so long, their Museum of Natural History is a jewel and the Aquarium is not bad at all, but hopefully the zoo lives up to the expectations, the Valencia Bioparc did for the most part, would have loved the place to be a little more landscaped thought, but Fuengirola Bioparc does Rainforest proud in that department.

I had a link for a very good site about zoo pics but unfortunately it doesn't work today confused There is a lot of pics so one can preview which animals he could see.

About Paris, we are waiting for the new Zoo de Vincennes for a long time now, but there is still a zoo in Paris, the oldest of the world itself with many rare species :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menagerie_du_Jardin_des_Plantes

By the way, if you have enough time, the zoo you must see is near La Rochelle at 5 hours driving or 3 hours and a half by train : The Zoo de La Palmyre.
http://www.zoo-palmyre.com/index_flash.html

But ok, there is a few other things to do in Paris... drunken
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Oh yes, that is what i forgot to say yesterday...
I was in the Paris Zoo in the 1990's, they even had a giant panda!
It was an old zoo, but even too bad, i saw worser zoo's... Crying or Very sad

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 pm

The link I was talking about works now. Here you can see the animals in " La ménagerie du jardin des plantes" and many other zoos Very Happy

http://www.photozoo.org/main.php?g2_itemId=24
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 am

Kiki, thank you for the info, i probably would not travel anywhere outside of Paris on my trip, since there is already so much to do in the city, and some of the museums will take a full day to see.

But it is nice to see that they still have this very old zoo in Paris even if it something that got left back in time.

Zoo de Vincennes is where my interest was, since some of the concept art i have seen for this place looks fantastic, nothing ever end ups looking like the exhibit concept art in the zoo world, that is a fact that i have learn in my many years of research when it comes to zoo exhibit construction, but if this new zoo ends up looking half as good as the concept did, then it will be a success.

It was my understanding that they had close down the old Paris Zoo and were building Zoo de Vincennes on the grounds of the old park, but what i'm understanding from you is that Zoo de Vincennes is a brand new zoo from scratch, where exactly in Paris is it being built? and do you know if they Global economy situation has been the caused of the construction taking so long?

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:48 am

Fantastic pics Danny cheers drunken

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until 2014 to see it for real No

The Zoo de Vincennes is in the 12th arrondissement of Paris, near the Bois de Vincennes, in the East side.

It was built in 1934 and closed in 2008.

The Ménagerie du jardin des Plantes never closed and is in the 5th arrondissement. This older zoo has some problems because some building are " patrimoine historique" so it means youcan't change them easily. They let the big games go in other zoos and favor the small and rare species to fit better with the smaller enclosures.

Another problem is the zoos are under the "Research and national education" minister which has other priorities. It would be better if we could consider 50/50 nature and culture...
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 am

2014? wow, that is a very long time, we might not be here then, hopefully we are.

I'm thinking i will most likely take a trip to Paris spring of 2011, see finally what is still considered the best city in the world i believe, i hope is not NYC, because i have been in that place a million times, and it is allways worse than the last time.

I understand perfectly what you mean, i think certain alterations should allways be avoided, but a little transformation will not kill history, but at the end if they will be getting the brand new mega zoo in 2014, then i guess that the old park can remain the way it is?

I remember reading about the project, and a friend of mine in Bioparc Valencia sent me a list of the key species that Paris was trying to secure for their answer to Bioparc, and it was impressive, very impressive, but at the end we might just see a fraction of that on opening day, a lot of the species that they wanted, they will find it very hard to get, unless they work something out with the Germans. It will be a great zoo when is finished i hope.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Those were fantastic pics Danny, it looks great in the future! cheers

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm

If it turns out like that, then I will be taking my first ever holiday cheers
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 12:27 pm

very very good Phil Very Happy

I love hornbills Aschuck! The umbrella bird est fantastique Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 12:59 pm

Wow! These hornbills are really very well done! And the umbrellabird is also very good! They looks like museum specimens :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 5:01 pm

The figures from Dannys collection was/are phantastic. The creator was a artist for a museum (i believe). I got the chance from Danny to buy all the phantastic models. The price was not cheap (but cheap for a artwork) but to many figures. But my wallet said no. I only bought a hornbill

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female Wreathed Hornbill   Female Wreathed Hornbill Empty

Back to top Go down

Female Wreathed Hornbill
Page 1 of 1