Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.

Go down 
+6
donny ong
Bonnie
Roger
Advicot
widukind
Kikimalou
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. Empty
PostSubject: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 11:16 pm

I know it is already an old model now (aged around 3 month) but I can't resist to make some pics of the most incredible Corythosaurus toy I ever met.

This North-american dinosaur always had a special place in my heart because of the pics I saw on books and after on the web. This Cretaceous cassowary was more appealing to me than the more well-known Parasaurolophus. I can't explain...

In 2000, I remember sawing one in a shop, it was the Safari Ltd one. I didn't think about seriously collecting then but this beautiful toy opened a window to my childhood I still never closed. In 2003 when I began my collection, this Corythosaurus was one of my first dinosaurs. In 2008 maybe I bought a new Corythosaurus, my tastes had changed and I put my hand on the Toyway one. It was a big improvement but I was a bit unsatisfied, hoping one day a company, Papo maybe, would make The Great Corythosaurus I dreamed of.

Santa PNSO listened to me at last in 2020 cheers  Her are a few pics Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 am

A phantastic walk around

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 9:27 am

Truly amazing walkaround Christophe, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Caroline is a lovely looking lady and she owns such a stylish red and green hat Laughing

Thank you cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 9:58 am

I understand your enthusiasm, this model has beautiful legs and a lifelike posture. It is also richly detailed and appealing from all angles and colors are enjoyable. Not belonging to the group of dinosaurs I like best, I also find this figure really great. There's no boring dinos when it is PNSO the maker.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 11:31 am

Wow what fantastic photos of an amazing model! Shocked cheers cheers Applause
The last few especially- I thought there was a dinosaur coming out of the screen, they were so good! Very Happy
And it is such a stunning model, a wonderful dynamic pose and so much detail! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 pm

Thank you Lilias, Rogério, Adam and Andreas Very Happy

Caroline thanks you too.

It seems making a PNSO walkaround is impossible, I don't know why but all of my attempts turned to be Waltzarounds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 2:18 am

You captured Caroline in a truly beautiful way. Applause
What about Audrey and Cuiyu? bounce

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 2:25 am

I am so in love with this model !
Together with the Lambeosaurus, these two are just PNSO masterpieces !
And I was sure, that they will be your first choices of this line :)
I just love how PNSO gives so natural looking on all these models.
For example, the walking pose on this Corythosaurus even not so dynamic, like other PNSO models,
is so natural and full of life. The same for the Lambeo...
And all muscles, bones and skin detailes, works so perfect with the pose.
And what a detailes I love you
I also like very much the choice of colours and pattern.
If we don`t watch the photos of the prototype (because they are aleways better) , the result of the paint job is really nice made it.
I also like very much the choice of plastic material. It gives opportunity for PNSO, to make modes with thin legs, like this one and still to have a good stability.
It is very interesting to know, that you have a soft spot for Corythosaurus :)
I have a soft spot for Ornithopods in general :)
As always, you made a great presentation of this model, with beautiful photos.
If there is somebpdy, who can present PNSO models in a best way, you are the man !
Thank you Kiki ! Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 6:16 am

Thank you Donny and Kosta for your kind words.

Donny, Audrey’s waltzaround will come soon. I already made one but I’m not satisfied with the background so I will do the job again. About Cuiyu, I have no doubt it is a nice guy (girl ?) but I don’t have enough place at home for all the PNSO beauties so I chose my two favorite ornithopods because I couldn’t resist anymore.
So no Cuiyu but I will show you Bieber Very Happy I noticed dinos  collectors prefer bigger ones but I felt in love for this beautiful little stegosaurus, it’s a great dancer too !

Kosta, indeed details like muscles, bones, skin, unchubby legs shape and even paintjob are excellent but it is the pose that break my heart and I was sure it would be the same for you. PNSO sculptor is very very talented because bringing life to a piece of plastic is the most difficult point. The pose isn’t outrageous or dramatic like some Papo dinos or far too static like most of the Toyway series, especially the wwd ones. The pose is superbly balanced, like a great English boxe dancer, a perfectly spiced meal or a Greek statue: Simple but so elegant. One need a lot of talent to achieve this.
I have indeed a soft spot for corythosaurus but also for... and for... Sometimes I feel I’m not a crazy macaque but something between a leopard and a marsupilami Laughing
When I read your compliments, I think I have an explanation about my face’s new colour Embarassed
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 6:46 am

The pose, endeed I love you And you described it so very well Applause
By the way, I saw your photo of Audrey the lambeosaurus on TAW and the background look`s very atractive :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 6:53 am

Audrey's background is too attractive, the model has a complex pattern so it needs a softer background.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 7:06 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Audrey's background is too attractive, the model has a complex pattern so it needs a softer background.

That is also true :)

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 5:21 pm

Kiki, you have sold me on this spectacular model with your photos.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 pm

Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 2:31 am

Impatiently waiting for Audrey waltzaround. Laughing Many thanks Christophe! cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 7:32 am

Ok Donny, I will do my best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 2:58 am

Many thanks Christophe! But you always do your best in walkaround. Applause cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 6:52 am

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 8:19 am

What a fabulous walzaraound of this amazing lady drunken

PNSO at its best + Kiki at his best = WOW !!!

I can't stop looking affraid

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 8:22 am

Thank you Susanne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Pretty incredible, and incredibly pretty dinosaur Very Happy Thanks for the walk around, Kikimalou! cheers

I was wondering if they often walked on all 4 legs? Overal angulation suggest it might have not been the most efficient way of walking for them? I'm sorry if this question sounds obvious for dinosaur experts, I'm just curious.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Ana wrote:
Pretty incredible, and incredibly pretty dinosaur Very Happy Thanks for the walk around, Kikimalou! cheers

I was wondering if they often walked on all 4 legs? Overal angulation suggest it might have not been the most efficient way of walking for them? I'm sorry if this question sounds obvious for dinosaur experts, I'm just curious.

Thank you for watching my pics Anna cheers

Late ornithopods like Corythosaurus were quadrupedal grazers, even if they were still running on two legs and capable of reaching up into trees. We know that because there are a lot of orrnithopods wellknown foot tracks.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 10:29 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Ana wrote:

Thank you for watching my pics Anna cheers

Late ornithopods like Corythosaurus were quadrupedal grazers, even if they were still running on two legs and capable of reaching up into trees. We know that because there are a lot of orrnithopods wellknown foot tracks.

That's really awesome! Thank you for the explanation! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 8:35 pm

donny ong wrote:
Impatiently waiting for Audrey waltzaround. Laughing Many thanks Christophe!  cheers

It's done Donny Wink
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 3:31 am

Kikimalou wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Impatiently waiting for Audrey waltzaround. Laughing Many thanks Christophe!  cheers

It's done Donny Wink

I saw it! Fabulous! Many thanks Christophe! Applause cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.   Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou. Empty

Back to top Go down

Caroline the PNSO Corythosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou.
Page 1 of 1