Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes

Go down 
+12
sunny
landrover
Caracal
Taos
widukind
Bonnie
Kikimalou
RtasVadumee
Pardofelis
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
Advicot
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 8:26 pm

No problem,I will get it for you if still there and its the commoner of the 2 models-its the one with the very large gape. Smile

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 8:36 pm

Thank you Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 9:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Species: Angolan giraffe
Brands, from left to right: All Schleich
Information on the figures: The calf was purchased off eBay in 2013 in a bundle of other retired Schleich and Bullyland. The male was purchased from forum member Roy- Swetsie, and the female also came from eBay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Species: Reticulated giraffe
Brands, from left to right: 2016 Schleich family, Bullyland, Unknown, Schleich, Bullyland, 3 Schleich & Toy Major
Information on the figures: The 2016 Schleich adults were purchased between 2016 and 2017, and the baby was made specially made for me by Schleich. The older Schleich figures came from my local toy shop between 2010 & 2016. The unknown was actually a pencil topper, the two Bullyland came from eBay and the UK CollectA distributor. And the Toy Major was from my early childhood

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 9:53 pm

I love the old giraffe family by Schleich. Lots of fond memories. Great group again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:14 pm

Lovely creatures, especially the sumatran rhino and the pygmy hippos, those are some excellent beasts! I have a very pressing question, though:

Advicot wrote:
and the baby was made specially made for me by Schleich.
What does that mean! I'm sure it's something that make sense to other collectors, but I've never heard of a custom figure being made by the company? Please, do tell, those words made me very curious! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 pm

Amazing Giraffe collection, soooo many models! cheers cheers
I love how you know when and where you bought each model- it really helps to appreciate each one, which I'm sure makes them even more special! Very Happy And a baby giraffe made especially for you by Schleich! Shocked Wow, that really is amazing, and I'd love to know the story behind this! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 1:25 pm

Hear, hear, As always, Bonnie knows how to express it cheers

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 4:05 pm

Jill and Lilias, when I was a bit younger I asked Schleich to make me two female ostriches as they are exceedingly rare in toy form, so I received those. I asked for these 2016 and by then the 2010 figure (14610) had been retired for 3 years so that helps back up the fact, that brands keep old moulds.

Then when I read an article about white giraffes that were living in Kenya, I knew I had to get one. So I asked Schleich and they made me one, and that in turn completed my 2016 family Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 6:33 pm

Advicot wrote:
Jill and Lilias, when I was a bit younger I asked Schleich to make me two female ostriches as they are exceedingly rare in toy form, so I received those. I asked for these 2016 and by then the 2010 figure (14610) had been retired for 3 years so that helps back up the fact, that brands keep old moulds.  

Then when I read an article about white giraffes that were living in Kenya, I knew I had to get one. So I asked Schleich and they made me one, and that in turn completed my 2016 family Very Happy
Wow, that really is amazing! Shocked I wonder if they still do this! These must be so valuable- they are one of a kind models by Schleich! cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 9:11 pm

These Schleich customs are real treasures. They must be amongst the very rarest animal figures ever. Probably worth a lot of money, but I am sure you won't sell them as they are very special. Do you know whether they made them only for you or whether they occasionally also made them for others?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 10:03 pm

Great herd of Giraffes!

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 4:14 pm

Roger: I am unsure if they will make special figures for others, as I do not know of anyone else who has one, you could ask Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 7:45 pm

Thank you Adam for updating your collection with more informations. I like those threads (like yours, Blaines or Rtas) as I got a good idea with size and which figure you chosed, now that I try to relace my old ones with standard sized companies :)

Amazing that you got so many special editions from Schleich, I never got answers from them when I was a kid^^
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Hmm, I wonder why you never got answers, as Schleich needs to listen to its customer base scratch

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 10:36 pm

You must have written very good letters to them, I am absolutely amazed that they customised their figures for you. I am sure it wouldn't work if I tried. It's fantastic that you have these unique figures. Do you have a copy of the letter? Not because I am going to use it, honestly Very Happy, but it would add even more value to the figures.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 3:16 am

Advicot wrote:

That's really quite amazing from a collecting perspective! Or at all! I've never heard of any toy company doing that, what special treasures you have indeed. :) One of a kind as well as personally significant! Congratulations! I agree, you really must have had quite a charming letter.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 4:12 am

Very nice gitaffes ,especially the Angolan giraffes, I like its colors.

cheers cheers cheers

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 6:03 pm

Roger, I never received a letter, I just emailed them, and they sent them, but a letter would have been wonderful

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 9:39 pm

If you still have your own email, keep it in a good place, because it tells the story behind these unique figures. It doesn't matter that Schleich didn't send you a letter. Your own email is as valuable and the important thing is that they sent you the animal figures.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 6:58 pm

At this moment in time I'm extremely busy with many things, and I thought instead of sharing lots and lots of pictures I'd be interested to see what group of species you'd all like to see next. Very Happy

The following options are:
Sharks
Fish, eels, rays
Amphibians
Birds of the Americas

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 7:51 pm

I think Birds of America is the most popular of these subjects on forum but personally I enjoy all subjects.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm

All sound wonderful! cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 9:12 pm

beautiful gitaffes collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:27 pm

As I am back on forum a bit more I thought I'd resume my collection photos this weekend. Bird species of North & South America will be shown. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Looking forward to it, great that you are back!

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes   Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Advicot's Collection: Close Ups, Giraffes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next