Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Lynx repaint

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
Pardofelis
Roger
Advicot
Bonnie
Pepi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

Schleich Lynx repaint Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 11:34 am

Dear collectors,
I know this is not a very original topic. I think several other members have repainted their new Schleich lynxes (with more success than I have). But one Susanne comment in the red panda topic suggested me the idea. She said that Schleich wild life models were not so bad after all, only don't have the correct painjob. So I revisited all the last models and found that their lynx sculpture was quite good. And tried to repaint it.
The coat colour is soooo difficult to get, but I'm quite happy with the result. Sadly, the different lays of dry brush that enlighten the mini are not noticeable in the pictures. I tried everything but...
About the face, I didn't dare to try to make more details. Not because being difficult, but because lynx faces are quite a mess of colours, dots, brights, ... and didn't know how to improve it. Any advice will be wellcome.

I hope you like it![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 11:43 am

It looks soooo beautiful now! cheers cheers Applause
I agree with you, I think that actually the sculpts are very good on these models, and your painting shows that with a talented painter, you can make a beauty! Very Happy I love all the details of the face and the fur- amazing! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 11:59 am

I love how you don't add too much detail like a real animal, as it still makes me think "lynx figure" but that is good. Schleich should re-do their lynx to this colour scheme, but why didn't they in the first place Rolling Eyes scratch

Very good job Pepi

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 12:03 pm

Surely this lynx is one of the best candidats for a repaint. The original painting is really poor while the sculpt is quite decent. The transformations I am witnessing on this forum makes me will having a repaint of one of these. Laughing I think it can even be repainted as a bobcat because for an Eurasian lynx we already have the magnificent Papo. You are right, their faces are really hard to get, even the rusty forehead is not easy. Though, there is no doubts about the improvement, That's not a boring lynx anymore.
Oh, with some subtle customization, tufts and especially beards, it can even work for a fantastic Iberian lynx. cat

Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 12:06 pm

Thanks everyone!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I won't do an iberian lynx because I have something really special coming to my house. It should arrive this week or the next. It's the Beauty of the Beast handmade model. I even have pictures of it and it's amazing!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 12:40 pm

Nice! Honestly, the face looks already very good for me, I would not modify it.
Congrats for dare to buy a Beauty of the Beast model, I love very much their incredibly well done models, but Iberian lynx would never had been my choice as we have the good Mojo Fun one (only lacks ear tufts, but I added them) as well as the Open Promo one that have very well done ear tufts but a bit more simplistic sculpt-texture.
However the Beauty of the Beast one, if I remember well, have a magnific position with the animal resting, instead the standar "robot-like" standing or walking pose, and this add interest to the figure. Besides that, of course, is the most well done of the three, both in sculpt as in paintjob.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi Pardo, don't worry, others Beauty of the Beasts will join my collection soon. The margay, bush dog and ethiopian wolf among them. For this special species I just wanted a special figure. I though (and think) the BotB figure will worth it, even if Mojo has already one (which I've almost bought in several ocasions).
Thanks for your comment!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm

Wonderful repaint cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Pepi wrote:
Thanks everyone!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I won't do an iberian lynx because I have something really special coming to my house. It should arrive this week or the next. It's the Beauty of the Beast handmade model. I even have pictures of it and it's amazing!

You're really getting a prodigious sculpt of that species. Congratulations! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 6:11 pm

Good job Pepi, one of the worst lynx is become very nice. Very Happy

Bob models won't disppoint you, I have the Caracal and the Ethiopian wolf and they are really awesome, and at the same scale Wink

I will add the Bush dog and some other models very soon I love you
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Much better like that Pepi! cheers cheers .. but the spots are maybe a litlle too dark. :)
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 6:39 pm

Thanks Christophe
Unpopular comment: I dislike all available lynxes models.
I've tried to convince myself several times to add the Safari's but the paintjob is awful in my opinion. Look at yheir faces...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 7:03 pm

Good work :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 5:39 am

Pepi, you did a very nice job on a model, which I like very much as a sculpt.
Mine is still in a original colours...but one day...
But you made yours much much better.
I like the face, now looks very ''lynx'' face :)
I also like the colour you made for the body. And I can see the dry brush effect , and it is good too.
Well done !
It is nice to see you in a full power with repainting and customizing :)
It is always a joy , seeing especially a new people, with their first steps of repainting, with enthusiasm and passion...and every next step is improvement sunny

Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 8:26 am

Hi Costa!
I've read all your comments in my customized models topics.
Thank you very much for your kind words. They have a special meaning coming from the grand master of repaints! Your snow leopard is almost a leyend. I would love to have one of those...
Sure I will keep making this modifications to models!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Lynx repaint   Schleich Lynx repaint Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Lynx repaint
Page 1 of 1