Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21

Go down 
+16
JamesPanda
sbell
landrover
pipsxlch
Taos
Caracal
widukind
lucky luke
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Advicot
Bonnie
Roger
rogerpgvg
Mitsukuni
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] good to know I’m not the only one who obsessively types variations of the same keywords into eBay lol!XD
Thank you! And same to you! Your knowledge of dogs and dog figures is amazing!

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:48 pm

Roger wrote:
Toy Major is a box of surprises. This hyena you've found from 1998, is only the 2nd hyena we know from the brand, the other is the 1994 J that you also have in your collectiion.
Toy Major repeats a lot the same species and they have different sets almost every year.
Thus, I'd be surprised if Toy Major had released just two hyenas. 1998 is probably the year we find more TM figures, they used to sell boxed sets of adulte and young during those years.  

That’s very useful info Roger! I know to be on the lookout for more TM hyenas now.
It would be cool if my new hyena was the adult to an adult and young set, but that is probably just wishful thinkingXD

I took a second look in better light today and it is just as you said, what I though was an 8 is definitely a B.
Hopefully it is easier to see in this picture.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I agree! When I saw it it looked so familiar to me! It could definitely be some kind of hyena, fox, dog hybrid lol!XD

And after all this info you try to trick me into thinking you’re not a well of knowledge, it won’t work my friendXD

Last edited by Mitsukuni on Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:48 pm

Mitsukuni wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] good to know I’m not the only one who obsessively types variations of the same keywords into eBay lol!XD
Thank you! And same to you! Your knowledge of dogs and dog figures is amazing!
Laughing cheers Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 5:49 pm

Being a B it turns things more conventional. It also probably means this particular model has no baby but it is something to be confirmed. It is likely from a set of African animals.
I have no idea if there is a set of hyena adult and baby but I am sure we don't know all Toy Major sets. The problem is that the youngsters are not marked and it turns identification very difficult. Here a picture of the rhinos set.

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 1:34 am

Wow, that’s so interesting Roger! I’m glad it’s less of a mystery now. I knew it being part of an adult and baby set was too much to hope forXD It makes much more sense that it would be in an African animal set. Toy Major is another Nayab, always full of surprises and mystery. The rhino set is so cute, is it yours Roger?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 10:56 am

Mitsukuni wrote:
Wow, that’s so interesting Roger! I’m glad it’s less of a mystery now. I knew it being part of an adult and baby set was too much to hope forXD It makes much more sense that it would be in an African animal set. Toy Major is another Nayab, always full of surprises and mystery. The rhino set is so cute, is it yours Roger?

No, it is not mine but I have the foxes.
Here is Mother and cub - I obtained them from different sources but I know they are from one of these sets.
I must take a picture of both together as soon as my collection is back to me. Fox Mother is quite large and heavy.
Meanwhile you can check the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 7:14 am

I love how your shelves look, they really make your collection pop.
It's fascinating to see how many hyena figures have been made over the decades but also a bit sad that the bias goes towards almost only two species.
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 6:45 pm

Thank you so much [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !
I honestly had no idea when I first started collecting that there were this many hyenas made, and there are still many I have yet to obtain!XD It makes me sad that, like you said, spotted and striped hyenas dominate in what’s available though, striped hyenas are my favorite but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like a brown hyena or an aardwolf in my collection, and I know a lot of other collectors feel the same way:(

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Roger wrote:
Mitsukuni wrote:

Here is Mother and cub - I obtained them from different sources but I know they are from one of these sets.
I must take a picture of both together as soon as my collection is back to me. Fox Mother is quite large and heavy.
Meanwhile you can check the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since my collection is back to me, here is the picture of the foxes as promised.
There's no documental evidence that those are part of the same set but when comparing with other similar sets it is evident they are mom and baby.
Adult is marked with TM in an oval, FOX 1997 and number 1 inside of a square. Cub is marked BABYFOX, no brand, year and I hoped to find number 2 in a square but I can't find it. It would be really fantastic a similar set with hyenas. By the way, my adult fox is not in very good condition, I must find another.

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 2:14 pm

I also have hyenas as my priority in the collection and I confirm that unfortunately there are no puppies for this model.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Roger wrote:
Roger wrote:
Mitsukuni wrote:

Since my collection is back to me, here is the picture of the foxes as promised.
There's no documental evidence that those are part of the same set but when comparing with other similar sets it is evident they are mom and baby.
Adult is marked with TM in an oval, FOX 1997 and number 1 inside of a square. Cub is marked BABYFOX, no brand, year and I hoped to find number 2 in a square but I can't find it. It would be really fantastic a similar set with hyenas. By the way, my adult fox is not in very good condition, I must find another.

The next mysterious figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 12:02 pm

Oh no, my Baby Fox is marked with the letter D. Now it is even more misterious. Why is it the mother marked with 1 in a square and the baby with a D? Their different painting is not a feature to be considered once it changes a lot among Toy Major models but the way they are sculpted also doesn't match. Perhaps another mother to go with it, perhaps Toy Major still have more hyenas and foxes and who knows, a few unusual species to be unveiled. scratch

Mitsukuni

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 5:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I’m sorry you think your fox mom and kit maybe aren’t from a set, they’re both very charming models and in my opinion still go well together! Maybe she is his surrogate motherXD hopefully with more time and discoveries we can get to the bottom of toy major’s mysteries lol!

PostSubject: Re: Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21   Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mitsukuni’s Hyena Collection Updated 7.19.21
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3