Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !

Go down 
+19
Dutch Bear
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Rio
Pardofelis
Tove
Shanti
Ana
bmathison1972
halichoeres
Bonnie
Farm collector
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Saien
widukind
spacelab
Kikimalou
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Choose your favourite
Safari Ltd Bushbaby
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap12% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 10 ]
Kitan Club - Cat
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap20% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 17 ]
Papo Cormorant
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap7% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
CollectA Dutch draft mare
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap3% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Papo Edible snail
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap1% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Kaiyodo Giant Asian hornet
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap7% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
Papo Great Pyrenees
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap8% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 7 ]
Papo Megaloceros
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap27% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 23 ]
Papo Squirrel
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_lcap15% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 86

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 8:39 am

Pardofelis wrote:

But I'm really surprised that, even for non-insect-lovers, that the undoubtely best animal figure of the whole history of toys, have so few votes! I could expect to be regarded to second or third place due to mammalian preferences of collectors, but not to 7th place of 9 figures Sad

I think "the undoubtedly best animal figure of the whole history of toys" is really subjective. I personally consider Kitan cats set as probably the best toy figures ever. But that's my personal ranking. Is it any more valid than someone else's personal ranking? I don't think so. For me, the hornet is not appealing at all. It's realistic but that's just one of the factors. It represents a species that I consider scary so I wouldn't buy it nor take it for free. Wink
The poll on the forum is for fun, we shouldn't feel disappointed to see the winners are not the ones we personally like the best. And the winner is not "objectively the best". The poll is only a collection of opinions from forum members. Why take it so seriously? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 9:14 am

No, it is to take seriously. STS is a serious forum.
So serious that next year we will open a Halloween category. affraid Laughing
I think what turns it serious is that we represent many different collecting tastes, we are not a forum of collectors of dino models or a forum of collectors of horses, we are a forum of collectors of animal figures. That's why we explore all these categories.

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 am

Roger wrote:
I think what turns it serious is that we represent many different collecting tastes, we are not a forum of collectors of dino models  or a forum of collectors of horses, we are a forum of collectors of animal figures. That's why we explore all these categories.

It is indeed a great and diverse group. And it's true that diversity is interesting for the statistics and gives valuable information. Smile Also, by all means, the winners should be celebrated! And every honest vote should be appreciated. I also think the company that produced the winning figure should be informed so they could add the award to their website, why not? Very Happy

As for not taking it seriously, well, what I mean is mostly don't feel disappointed when your favorite wouldn't win. And also, that the winner is not "objectively the best". To choose something objectively the best you would have to give very clear and specific criteria for it. That's why it's not really possible to choose the best of any form of art. Because what clear and specific criteria is "your favorite"?

And that's why I'm not really a fan of the title "undoubtfully the best" as I don't believe such model exists. Outside of everyone personal rankings. Smile

Ah, and you got me, I would enjoy the STS "Halloween" model of the year category Wink

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 10:24 am

the hornet is only in the final poll because it only had to compete with its kinfolk in the first round (and even then, it tied with a snail). If there was only one poll for all of 2020 figures, there would probably not be an arthropod in the top 10-15 (although in the first round, I must admit, the Papo crab did better than expected).

But, as Roger and Kiki said, that's OK. It's just a byproduct of the tastes of this forum, which, while diverse, do tend to favor mammals and birds. But that's normal. Insects in general are not popular in society and that reflects in toys as well. Just a reality.

In the end, it doesn't matter. It's a popularity contest, not a test of accuracy (if it was, the cormorant would not be in the final poll Twisted Evil  )
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 7:14 pm

Ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
I think what turns it serious is that we represent many different collecting tastes, we are not a forum of collectors of dino models  or a forum of collectors of horses, we are a forum of collectors of animal figures. That's why we explore all these categories.

It is indeed a great and diverse group. And it's true that diversity is interesting for the statistics and gives valuable information. Smile Also, by all means, the winners should be celebrated! And every honest vote should be appreciated. I also think the company that produced the winning figure should be informed so they could add the award to their website, why not? Very Happy

As for not taking it seriously, well, what I mean is mostly don't feel disappointed when your favorite wouldn't win. And also, that the winner is not "objectively the best". To choose something objectively the best you would have to give very clear and specific criteria for it. That's why it's not really possible to choose the best of any form of art. Because what clear and specific criteria is "your favorite"?

And that's why I'm not really a fan of the title "undoubtfully the best" as I don't believe such model exists. Outside of everyone personal rankings. Smile

Ah, and you got me, I would enjoy the STS "Halloween" model of the year category Wink

Laughing I agree with everything and why not to contact the companies when they're awarded? It could be positive to both sides. However, if it is a Papo, I need to ask Kiki to go there personally because they're impossible to contact. monkey

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 12:26 pm

My choice was easy :)
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Rio wrote:

Hello Rhianonn! flower If there was a rabbit it would be even easier. Laughing

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 pm

Kitan club for me :)
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 4:18 pm

Roger wrote:
Rio wrote:

Hello Rhianonn! flower If there was a rabbit it would be even easier. Laughing

Oh most definitely 😅
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 4:22 pm

Ana wrote:
......I also think the company that produced the winning figure should be informed so they could add the award to their website, why not? Very Happy

Great idea cheers Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 2:40 am

Except the snail and hornet, which I really like,
I have all other models , which means, I really like them all and for me every one is a winner :)

But for my vote I went with my I love you and I choose the model, which I really love,
doesn`t matter if it`s common or not...
And for the exact same reason, like Susanne`s :

SUSANNE wrote:
All are outstanding models, but fortunately my choice is easy Laughing

The moment I saw them the first time, I will remember for ever . I almost could not breathe Shocked
And when I got them in my hand and could see them in real, I almost got tears in my eyes  geek

So  : The beautyful, lovable, fantastic, charming, perfect Kitan Club cat is my choice cheers

... my vote went also to this fantastic cat.
These 4 Kitan cats made me love them so much ...and especially the cat A.
I even ordered these 4 new colours of these models, something that I don`t usualy make... so I hope soon I will have
this gorgeous cat also in black colour Very Happy
A small black panther cat Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 3:22 am

costicuba wrote:
Except the snail and hornet, which I really like,
I have all other models , which means, I really like them all and for me every one is a winner :)

But for my vote I went with my  I love you and I choose the model, which I really love,
doesn`t matter if it`s common or not...
And for the exact same reason, like Susanne`s :

SUSANNE wrote:
All are outstanding models, but fortunately my choice is easy Laughing

The moment I saw them the first time, I will remember for ever . I almost could not breathe Shocked
And when I got them in my hand and could see them in real, I almost got tears in my eyes  geek

So  : The beautyful, lovable, fantastic, charming, perfect Kitan Club cat is my choice cheers

I even ordered these 4 new colours of these models, something that I don`t usualy make... so I hope soon I will have
this gorgeous cat also in black colour  Very Happy
A small black panther  cat  Laughing

I'm not a pet or domestic animal toys collector but I went for the Kitan cat too drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:03 am

costicuba wrote:

Wonderful choice! cheers

The only thing I would improve about those cats is I would love to see them repainted by Kosta Wink THAT would be amazing!

I'm working on a new painting for my cat D at the moment Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 am

Ana wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Wonderful choice! cheers

The only thing I would improve about those cats is I would love to see them repainted by Kosta Wink THAT would be amazing!

I'm working on a new painting for my cat D at the moment Very Happy
Yes, definitely! bounce So excited to see, already these cats are stunning but imagine them painted by you or Kosta, two incredibly talented artists! Shocked I think I would mistake them for real cats then! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Thanks to Megaptera the snail also has now a picture of the real model. It took a little longer than all others but I know everyone understands. Very Happy

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Img_2561

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:40 pm

What a beautiful snail! Very Happy And look at the Papo Megaloceros storming ahead, I never expected it to do so well! Shocked I can tell this will e an interesting and exciting battle! bounce
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 10:53 pm

So this cat stole so many hearts , I see now that Kiki is also in the club Very Happy

Oh, thank you so much for your so kind words Anna and Bonnie sunny
We already have a masterly repainted Cat B by Anna and I love it.
And I can`t wait to see your Cat D bounce bounce bounce Will you share with us your choise of colours ..or you will keep it as a surprise ? Very Happy
Maybe one day I will also try to make something with one of these cats ..

And the Papo snail is actually looking better on real :)

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 6:40 am

costicuba wrote:
So this cat stole so many hearts , I see now that Kiki is also in the club Very Happy

Oh, thank you so much for your so kind words Anna and Bonnie sunny
We already have a masterly repainted Cat B by Anna and I love it.
And I can`t wait to see your Cat D bounce bounce bounce  Will you share with us your choise of colours ..or you will keep it as a surprise ? Very Happy
Maybe one day I will also try to make something with one of these cats ..

And the Papo snail is actually looking better on real :)

I chose calico for cat D, as it looked like a female cat to me. She's almost ready, just needs a final layer of varnish and a photo session. My choice for cat A is red tabby, but this one is giving me a hard time Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 5:13 am

Last hours to vote! Only 2 votes of difference between the Papo Megaloceros and the Kitan Cat! rendeer cat bounce bounce

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 5:37 am

Hello my friends from far far away.
Let's see ... Ah no bears this year. Bye!

Just kidding.

Cat - no, just no, all cats look alike, arrogant lill fx
Cormorant - rare bird model, nothing that stands out though
Dutch draft mare - still a showpony. Who hit you in the face with a flat iron?
Edible snail - slimy jet satisfying, no thanks. I kill dozens of snails in my garden each year
Giant Asian hornet - great model, not a toy, but nice to see a bug in this poll. Looks like Transformers' bumblebee
Great Pyrenees - great meh, the Dane was great, so no

Leaves me with
Bushbaby - unusual model, but those eyes freak me out, and he needs a pedi.
Megaloceros - oh dear, dang boy, you big, i miss the collecta caribu
Squirrel - nice details, small figure, but only a snack for a bear

So what will it be?
I still have a day to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 6:21 pm

A really difficult choice, the megaloceros is a great example, but we don't really know what it exactly looked like. The cat is so good because we know cats very well and they are very difficult to realisticly sculpt. So hard...

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 5:12 am

Wow, I love Kitan cats.

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Yeo_2010

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 7:17 am

Fantastic picture, those KC cats really are just incredible! I love you Very Happy affraid sunny
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 10:44 am

Once the poll is over, can it be removed from the left sidebar of the forum? It's a bit distracting and condenses the rest of the field of view.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 11:23 am

Dutch Bear wrote:
Hello my friends from far far away.
Let's see ... Ah no bears this year. Bye!

lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next