Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !

Go down 
+19
Dutch Bear
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Rio
Pardofelis
Tove
Shanti
Ana
bmathison1972
halichoeres
Bonnie
Farm collector
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Saien
widukind
spacelab
Kikimalou
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Choose your favourite
Safari Ltd Bushbaby
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap12% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 10 ]
Kitan Club - Cat
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap20% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 17 ]
Papo Cormorant
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap7% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
CollectA Dutch draft mare
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap3% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Papo Edible snail
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap1% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Kaiyodo Giant Asian hornet
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap7% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
Papo Great Pyrenees
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap8% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 7 ]
Papo Megaloceros
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap27% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 23 ]
Papo Squirrel
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_lcap15% The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 86

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 15:35

Wow- the Papo Megaloceros seems to be the winner! Applause Applause Very interesting final, I actually never suspected it would, but it is a beautiful figure with a magnificent pose, definitely deserves this title! Very Happy And well done to the Great Pyrenees for coming 5th! cheers I love you
And also: thank you to everyone who organised this competition, it has been a joy voting for all these beautiful figures that are available in this hobby! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 16:06

bmathison1972 wrote:
Once the poll is over, can it be removed from the left sidebar of the forum? It's a bit distracting and condenses the rest of the field of view.

Yes, done. That's the reason why it was only there during the last days of the poll.
I will let the annoucement of the winner to Christophe even if it is easy to see. rendeer

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 16:46

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Papo-55080-megaloceros-1

Final ranking

1 - Papo Megaloceros
2 - Kitan Club Cat
3 - Papo Squirrel
4 - Safari Ltd Bushbaby
5 - Papo Great Pyrenees
6 - Papo Cormorant
6 - Kaiyodo Giant Asian hornet
8 - CollectA Dutch draft mare
9 - Papo Edible snail

Congratulation to Papo whose five figures are competing in the final Applause

Thank you to all the members who voted for this 2020 competition cheers

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun 21 Feb 2021, 17:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 17:27

Kikimalou wrote:
 The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Papo-55080-megaloceros-1

Final ranking

1 - Papo Megaloceros
2 - Kitan Club Cat
3 - Papo Squirrel
4 - Safari Ltd Bushbaby
5 - Papo Great Pyrenees
6 - Papo Cormorant
6 - Kaiyodo Giant Asian hornet
8 - CollectA Dutch draft mare
9 - Papo Edible snail

Congratulation to Papo whose five figures are competing in the final Applause

Thank you to all themembers who voted for this 2020 competition cheers
cheers cheers Applause Applause Very Happy Very Happy sunny sunny rendeer rendeer
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 17:37

I'm not happy with the result but I'm happy there was a neat poll after 3 years break!
So cheers to the Megaloceros and his Greek heritage name! Razz Razz

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 18:41

I find it quite symbolic that for the first time we have a Prehistoric figure as a winner. It is evident that most of us have not this collecting orientation but 2020 was a very strong year for collectors of prehistoric models. Comparing the results, it is easy to see that Megaloceros had a much harder life in its own category, a few hours before the end of the Prehistoric category poll, there was a draww of it with the Lisowicia. On preliminary choices there was a draw too. Here, besides the effort of the cat, the deer won it somewhat confortably. I am also glad this initiative returned to the forum and I want to thank everyone who voted. As we use to say, participation is essential to keep these initiatives running.
Maybe thisneverending confinement will inspire us to more initiatives like these during next months. Wink

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 19:43

Congratulations to the first prehistoric winner of this poll! cheers cheers Applause Applause  I really enjoyed this poll and I can't wait for next year's one. It will be a strong year too, there are many beautiful models. I think there could be more categories for wildlife next year. It is a large group of species and it is a pity that many of them will not pass to the final Sad   It would be a good idea to separate African species from the wildlife group as a separate group scratch  For example Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 19:47

Whynot ? we need to think about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 20:47

why separate Africa from 6 other continents? Makes no sense.

If was setting up polls, it would be predominately taxonomic, regardless of continent/habitat:

1. invertebrates (could include prehistoric)
2. fish (could include prehistoric)
3. reptiles and amphibians (extant)
4. dinosaurs and prehistoric reptiles
5. birds (extant)
6. mammals (extinct and extant)

but that's just me 'cuz I am a taxonomic geek :-D
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 21:06

Not bad idea, but most of major brands produce more African species each year than birds, reptiles etc. And then the mammal category could be overcrowded Wink
It's just an idea from me that it would be good to do more wildlife categories for the next year. I'm sure that Kikimalou and Roger will come up with a great idea sunny Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 21:51

Congratulations to the winner! I remember that a wildlife model nearly always won, it's nice to see a change. I think 2021's poll will be a struggle since companies had limited releases this year. But Bullyland will be in the running!

It's hard to say how to categorize. I.e. like I said, 2021 has slim pickings overall so a taxonomic version will leave out or limit choices heavily. A regional version might be intriguing (i.e. Africa, North America, aquatic etc.) But there would be challenges there also. So perhaps "range" categories are still best to ensure multiple choices for each poll.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Feb 2021, 21:52

We are surely open to suggestions and this year the land invertebrates was a kind of taxonomy category we introduced. Though, the concept is very classic and according with the traditional way brands use to group their figures in series.
We agree Wildlife needs probably one more category but it is not easy. Actually, Woodlands/Wildlife categories are very interchangeable and hard to determine. It is basically North American plus Europe wildlife to Woodlands category in an effort to fit the respective classic series from the European major brands versus Safari.
Even brands are having troubles to group their figures in series. Schleich moved to continents, Papo merged Woodlands with Wildlife, only Safari, Collecta and Mojo are preserving a traditional concept.
Collectors also enjoy to split Prehistoric into Dinosaurs and non dinosaurs but I am not sure this is a good idea for a community as STS.

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021, 01:19

One possibility for splitting wild animals would be by grouping biomes. Arctic/Antarctic and Temperate; Tropical and Desert; Aquatic

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021, 07:17

Congratulations to the winner! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 06:08

Congratulations to the wonderful winner ! cheers
And to Papo, to be a winner for 3-th time cheers
This poll for sure was a lot of fun and pleasure to have it back Very Happy
Thank you very much to all friends : Kiki, Roger, Susanne, Anna, Karin, Paige, Kosta,
who made this happened ! sunny

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 08:52

A interesting and good winner. It is after a long time the first prehistoric animal figure where i am not sure that i don't want it.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 09:16

widukind wrote:
A interesting and good winner. It is after a long time the first prehistoric animal figure where i am not sure that i don't want it.

I know it is important for you so I want to be sure that you are aware that Megaloceros was also present in what is today's Germany. It was probably when Angela Merkel was still a child. Wink
Even the species Papo is representing,the Irish elk, despite the name, it was also present in continental Europe and consequently Germany. Go for it Andreas, accurate or not, it is a figure with a sumptuous presence. rendeer

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 18:09

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

I know it is important for you so I want to be sure that you are aware that Megaloceros was also present in what is today's Germany. It was probably when Angela Merkel was still a child. Wink
Even the species Papo is representing,the Irish elk, despite the name, it was also present in continental Europe and consequently Germany. Go for it Andreas, accurate or not, it is a figure with a sumptuous presence. rendeer

In this time the life was better in Germnay i believe Crocodile Crocodile

For the project it is a good thing. So i will buy it

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2021, 19:00

costicuba wrote:

This poll for sure was a lot of fun and pleasure to have it back Very Happy
Thank you very much to all friends : Kiki, Roger, Susanne, Anna, Karin, Paige, Kosta,
who made this happened ! sunny

Yes, many thanks to all of you! cheers cheers cheers Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
I look forward to next year's poll Wink bounce bounce bounce sunny

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Apr 2021, 15:14

What a magnificent winner, well deserving.

I'm too late to vote in the poll, but my click would've gone to the cormorant if I'd been here in time, and I may well have to track one down on ebay (there goes the 'this forum won't make me buy more' delusion, hahah)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !    The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros ! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2020 Animal figure of the year - Papo Megaloceros !
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3