Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Member - Hello!

Go down 
+10
Roger
donny ong
Farm collector
Advicot
Bonnie
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
Night_Friesian
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

Country/State : USA

New Member - Hello! Empty
PostSubject: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 12:04 am

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time coming but I finally joined STS and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone and seeing everyone's goodies!

A little about me and my collection: well I've been collecting since before I knew what collecting was (runs in the family thanks dad haha!). I started off with Schleich and Safari LTD and since then my collection has expanded to include major brands and more recently capsule toys. I've been an animal lover all my life so it only makes sense for me to have my own little zoo/aquarium/museum!

My other specialty is model horses, specifically Breyer and artist resins with a focus on Friesians. As of now most of my animal collection is packed into storage so I'm much more active sharing on the model horse front but there are plans to get those critters on display hopefully soon!

When I'm not scouring the internet for my next find or obsessing over my spreadsheets you can find me indulging in my other hobbies: riding real horses, begging my plants not to die, harassing my two cats, playing video games, and immersing myself in the world of skulls and vulture culture.

I look forward to meeting you all and happy collecting!

Facebook: @SleepyHollowStudioss
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:24 am

Welcome here! Your avatar is full of those great VW sets, congrats! I look forward to seeing your collection and please feel free to post your pets in the pets thread towards to bottom of the forum main page. I'd love to see!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 3:40 am

Thank you! It's my absolute favorite set and I've wanted several of those figures since I was young and was searching for them locally! I will definitely have to introduce my fur kids!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 6:17 am

Welcome in our village Night_Friesian cheers  It's great youn decided to share your passion with us Very Happy

Could you explain what is the world of skulls and vulture culture ? scratch
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 8:48 am

Warm welcome from Dresden /Germany

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 9:34 am

Wellcome here, - great that you decided to join Very Happy
WOW ! I would love to see pictures of your Friesian horse models !

I googled "skulls and vulture" and found lots of pictures of skulls and lots of pictures of vultures, - even some vulture skulls scratch
So I second Kikimalou's question Laughing

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 10:25 am

Welcome to STS! cheers cheers
I'm really looking forward to seeing your collection, I can see some wonderful models in your avatar! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 10:26 am

Welcome from a farm in the British Isles! Very Happy

I am very much anticipating seeing your collection cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 11:20 am

Welcome from Norway Very Happy Looking forward to see your collection, and hope you will like to be a part of the the STS-Forum Very Happy cheers

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Welcome in our village Night_Friesian cheers  It's great youn decided to share your passion with us Very Happy

Could you explain what is the world of skulls and vulture culture ? scratch

Thank you! I'm excited to be more involved with my animal collection! Very Happy

Vulture Culture is a simply a term that describes a subset taxidermy based on the collection and preservation of animal remains, but in an ethical/naturally died way! I've gotten into collecting skulls recently and even bought my first piece of taxidermy! I only collect the ethically sourced/non-trophy pieces but luckily there are lots of taxidermists that ethically source their pieces (ie the animals passed naturally, were humanely euthanized, found in nature etc), be it skulls or full mounts! So I basically like having skulls on my wall! I hope that clarified everything!

Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:46 pm

widukind wrote:
Warm welcome from Dresden /Germany

Thank you! I love you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:49 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Wellcome here, - great that you decided to join Very Happy
WOW ! I would love to see pictures of your Friesian horse models !

I googled "skulls and vulture" and found lots of pictures of skulls and lots of pictures of vultures, - even some vulture skulls scratch
So I second Kikimalou's question Laughing

Thank you! Me too it's been on my to do list for far too long! I will absolutely have to share my Friesian models! They're my little model horse kids!

I did reply to Kikimalou above but vulture culture is a basically a subset of taxidermy that preserves animal remains in an ethical way (ie the source animal died naturally, was found in nature, humanely euthanized etc). Vulture/bird skulls in general are really really cool specimens to be honest!

Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:50 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Welcome to STS! cheers cheers
I'm really looking forward to seeing your collection, I can see some wonderful models in your avatar! Very Happy

Thank you! I look forward to sharing it!

My VW models are definitely my animal pride and joy and were some of the first models i remember searching for! I love you

Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:51 pm

Advicot wrote:
Welcome from a farm in the British Isles! Very Happy

I am very much anticipating seeing your collection cheers

Thank you so much! I look forward to sharing!

I also love your signature quote! So very true.......

Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:52 pm

Farm collector wrote:
Welcome from Norway Very Happy Looking forward to see your collection, and hope you will like to be a part of the the STS-Forum Very Happy cheers

Thank you! I'm excited to get it out and on display! I' definitely down the rabbit hole and there's no coming back now!!

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 2:05 pm

Oh thank you, it took me quite a long time to come up with it, but I think it has payed off Very Happy
My farm has been diversifying in many ways to help nature, this winter I planted a hedge running the length of a nine acre field, and come the summer and my wildflower meadow will be blooming drunken

Hopefully like this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Advicot wrote:
Oh thank you, it took me quite a long time to come up with it, but I think it has payed off Very Happy
My farm has been diversifying in many ways to help nature, this winter I planted a hedge running the length of a nine acre field, and come the summer and my wildflower meadow will be blooming drunken

Hopefully like this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's so awesome! I love me a field of flowers! Very beneficial indeed!

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 2:16 am

Welcome here new friend. Have great time in this forum!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Welcome from Portugal, Lauren! Friesians are dark as night and I am looking forward to see your collection dedicated to this beautiful breed. It is an interesting choice. Friesians are popular but with so many breeds in USA, your choice for an European one is great.
I really hope you enjoy in this community, I think you will find a new extra motivation for your hobby.

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 7:43 pm

Welcome!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm

Very Happy sunny Welcome from Occitania in France!
Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:31 pm

donny ong wrote:
Welcome here new friend. Have great time in this forum!

Thank you much my friend!

Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Roger wrote:
Welcome from Portugal, Lauren! Friesians are dark as night and I am looking forward to see your collection dedicated to this beautiful breed. It is an interesting choice. Friesians are popular but with so many breeds in USA, your choice for an European one is great.
I really hope you enjoy in this community, I think you will find a new extra motivation for your hobby.

Thank you! I'm very unique in that I generally tend to prefer European/non-USA breeds! They're so beautiful and alluring they make wonderful artistic subjects! Oh I know I'll be inspired for sure!

Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Shanti wrote:
Welcome!! Very Happy

Thank you!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Night_Friesian

Night_Friesian

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:34 pm

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy  sunny Welcome from Occitania in France!

Thank you! Greeting from the USA!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Hello!   New Member - Hello! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member - Hello!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next