Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!

Go down 
+11
Kikimalou
Birdsage
landrover
Taos
Shanti
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Pardofelis
Roger
Bonnie
spacelab
15 posters
AuthorMessage
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! Empty
PostSubject: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 11:47 am

Aardvarks are shy nocturnal animals and this model seem to follow the creature’s rule as it rarely appears in current market-places.  I had the chance to find it locally and I suppose this big guy worth a proper walkaround in our community.

This AAA model is absolutely charming, a quite accurate and artistic representation of the real adult animal. In terms of quality the PVC feels amazing, a heavy fellow with his big red tongue out searching for ants. His hairy coat colour and shading is realistic, with the yellowish-gray blending with shades of brown. His big claws are amazingly scary, while the red eyeliner might be a subject of customizing but I have to confess that I like it this way.

Now, to our beloved hot subject of SIZE. Well, the model is big. How big? Big enough to make Ben and Pardo shoot him without mercy and no regret, but it can be acceptable for others and great for the “not-caring-about-scales” collectors here. I  stand between the 1st and 2nd category, so this figure can stay in my collection as long as it’s not displaying with the corresponding Schleich African animals (see comparison photo below). Though it looks fine next to a hare or the Diana monkey…
In numbers, it measures a bit less than 10 cm (tail NOT included) so somewhere about 1:12 – 1:13 scale for a large adult specimen. Don’t be confused with the Aardvark cub that AAA had also produced and is much smaller than this. I’m not sure how it looks next to the Safari ltd counterpart, I’m just guessing it has to be equal or smaller.
Love him or hate him, here are the PHOTOS! (I borrowed Paige’s blue cardboard because my deep-red wouldn’t work with this model, so sorry Paige!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

with the AAA Porcupine adult model

with Schleich's Pangolin for size comparison:

Hello!

Goodbye!

Last edited by spacelab on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am

Such a wonderful AAA model, and fantastic photos to show it from all angles too! cheers cheers
I love the details of the fur and how they have made it a bit different with the tongue, such a realistic model! Very Happy
Thank you for sharing these photos! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 1:03 pm

Obviously I am very happy for this walk around. AAA aardvarks are among the rarest models of the company and you are only the 3rd collector I know that have it. Also I love aardvarks and this one as all of them are in my wish list. I wasn't expecting it to be such a good model. They gave a correct fur texture, at least for body and a very convincent shading. I love the claws and the tongue is a fantastic detail. The size is more than good for me, a good partner for my Safari. I want to thank you this fantastic review and all the great pictures you provided. If I ever find one, I will try to remmeber taking a comparison picture with the Safari model.
By the way, here is a topic about the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pig tongue

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 4:28 pm

Great aardvark! The tail is tiny but the sculpt and paintjob is good and the sticking tongue is very original :)

I suppose that "AAA Aardvark" is the first figure alphabetically from all the figures of the world Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 4:29 pm

A nice figure, thanks. And know i know the figure exist.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Great aardvark! The tail is tiny but the sculpt and paintjob is good and the sticking tongue is very original :)

I suppose that "AAA Aardvark" is the first figure alphabetically from all the figures of the world Very Happy

Haha, never thought of it, great observation! Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 5:30 pm

Wonderful model!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 6:58 pm

What an interesting animal! Thank you for the great photos!!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 9:10 pm

Great model!and I didn't know that AAA made an Aardvaark!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 12:16 am

it is very rare model to me....

Very interesting. thanks for sharing. Applause

Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 1:25 am

Where can I find that porcupine?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 1:54 am

Goodness I came back to drool over this figure and realized I didn't see your comment. I don't own the market on blue backgrounds of course! Your aardvark looks lovely in your photos!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 5:35 am

It's always a great pleasure to discover an unknown aardvark (to me) and this one is really really nice.Thank you for making this walkaround for us cheers

Birdsage wrote:
Where can I find that porcupine?

Indeed ! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:15 am

Magnificent model and great walkaround  cheers

Pardofelis wrote:

Never even heard of an AAAArdvark before !!!  affraid

Is there a young one also ? Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:59 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Officially there is a baby. As I commented, Kostas is only the third collector I know that has an AAA aardvark, other two models whose whereabouts are known, belong to collectors that are not active members on forum. Below an official picture we know from the catalogue of the Italian distributor.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 8:09 am

Do you know wher to buy them ?
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Do you know wher to buy them ?

I really don't and I suppose Roger neither.. I only know that this specific one (along with the porcupine and a couple more) was originally bought from a toy-shop in a small Greek country-town. More than 10 years ago..

Thanks everyone for your comments! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Judging by the size of the porcupine, which I have it'll be just perfect for my collection, but as Christophe says we need to find it Rolling Eyes Laughing

For anyone who wishes to know where I acquired my porcupine, I got it from a zoo in Wales and my last visit they only had very few AAA and many CollectA knock offs, but if Birdsage and Christophe like I can look for one each of you can have of you next time I go Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 9:13 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Officially there is a baby. As I commented, Kostas is only the third collector I know that has an AAA aardvark, other two models whose whereabouts are known, belong to collectors that are not active members on forum. Below an official picture we know from the catalogue of the Italian distributor.

This tag is interesting. In french, Aardvark is called @Oryctérope@, a close word of @Oritteropo@.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 2:15 am

What a wonderful model !
Like most of us, I also see this model for first time and I really like it.
Congratulations Kosta for having this rare model.
And thank you very much for this great walkaround. You need to make more for us in the future Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!   AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround! Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Aardvark (adult) walkaround!
Page 1 of 1