Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jaguars and leopards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Markus

Country/State : Norway

Jaguars and leopards Empty
PostSubject: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi.
Do any of you guys have the Safari jaguar, Papo Jaguar, Papo lion (any) and CollectA leopard?

I have the Papo jaguar, but it's so small, so I was thinking in replacing it by the Safari.

Any photograph will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 10:10 pm

Unless someone beats me to it I can help with this when I get home tonight. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 11:35 pm

Thank you Saarlooswolfhound :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Just have a look on Caracals's collection, you'll find a picture with all these guies! :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 4:41 pm

Sorry, I got home late and it was too dark for photos. Hope this helps!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And if I might add, the Safari Jaguars are my favorite. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 10:02 pm

Many thanks!
Unfortunatelly it's the same size and smaller than CollectA leopard too.
I like it, but I cant see a reason to replace the Papo now /:

It's a bit like the Safari Grey Wolf vs Papo's. I'm thinking in replacing the walking Papo by the Safari masterpiece. But I'm a bit unsure because that will mean to retire the Papo, and I cannot find anything bad on it. But I like the Safari a lot!
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 10:31 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Sorry, I got home late and it was too dark for photos. Hope this helps!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And if I might add, the Safari Jaguars are my favorite. Wink

Truly superb photo Paige.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 10:51 pm

Theres no harm in... TWO wolves. Wink But hey, I have 119 now so... What a Face I think the Papo is a great model. I personally feel the Safari has a better head to body and tail length ratio but everyone likes what they like and I think you should collect what you like.  flower The Papo is a handsome figure. 

And thanks Chris! Cool

Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 10:53 pm

Thanks for your kind reply about wolves :)
Do you think the Papo and Safari fit in aesthetic terms? I've seen the comparison pictures but I want your opinion.

And, about the jaguar, I think I will give a try to the Safari's, it seems bulkier than the Papo.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 12:47 am

Aesthetic is very personal in definition I think... so again this is just my feelings on it. The Papo and Safari are very different in terms of artistic style. Even as such its strange to me as they both are the most accurate for gray wolves so they achieve the same grade of realism in 2 different ways. I love both of mine so again, I say there is no harm in a pair of wolves.  cheers Even the paint scheme can represent a female vs male (Papo vs Safari) or even different life stages (older wolves gray out and turn very white over time, while black colors are more vibrant when younger).

And I think there is no harm in a pair of jaguars also. Wink

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 2:05 am

Markus,
about Jaguars, if I may share my opinion, I think, the Papo model is not a good presentation of Jaguar.
The sculpt is far more accurate for a leopard.
The Safari one is not perfect presentation also, but it`s better than Papo.
So if you want a more accurate Jaguar, then you can give it a try to Safari ...or if you can find the Schleich one Wink
By the way , why you find the Papo one (and now the Safari one) too small ? With which models do you compared it ? Jaguars are not very big cats..

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks for your answers Paige and Kosta:)

I will definitelly get the Safari wolf as it's a masterpiece in my opinion. Even the black holwing may join, but i will try to give it a more greyish coat. There is no problem with more than one wolf, of course, but I don't have much space left and (for me)  it's necessary that they fit together!

About the jaguar. In this case I cannot have both because they definitely don't fit in aesthetic terms.
Kosta, jaguars are not big cats but they are bigger than leopards. And my only leopard (the only one I more or less like), the CollectA, is bigger than any jaguar. It's also bigger than my cheetah, that should be the tallest cat after lion and tiger... I also accept suggestions about a new leopard.
Which ons is the Schleich jaguar? The 14769? I have it in melanistic variation so having both with the same mould will be weird.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 3:31 am

Yes, if you compare it with leopard models ( Collecta and others) , it is small :)
I taught that maybe you compare it with Lion or Tiger models for example..
Actually I forgot to mention which Schleich model I mean . It is the previous model, This one
But again, like a size is not bigger.
For a new leopard model, the newest Safari one is nice, but it is black. I don`t know which colour you would like to have.
Like a size, I think it is almost the same as the Collecta one ( maybe a bit smaller)
You can see it on the Paige`s topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Jaguars and leopards   Jaguars and leopards Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaguars and leopards
Page 1 of 1