Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus

Go down 
+5
widukind
Ana
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
costicuba
9 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus Empty
PostSubject: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 3:17 am

Here is a model, which I think many of us will be excited to see ... especially Roger Very Happy

I really like it. It is one of my favorite PNSO models.
It has a wonderful , accurate anatomy from the last discovery.
Great pose , dynamic but at the same time balanced and natural.
Exceptional skin details !
Wonderful colours, with great choice of pattern , which is applied to look very natural.
The size is small, which I really like too.

So I don`t just like this model, I love it ! Very Happy
And you will see why, with the photos which are comming ...

A photo for TAW :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let`s walk together with this beast affraid :

How can you just not love this view :

The evolution of the Spinosaurus in our eyes, over the years ... :

And I choose a video review from Dino Scream Reviews, because we can see a comparison with GRToys, Papo Spino and others.. :

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 3:47 am

A truly stunning artpiece. I am not convinced of the quadrupedal stance paleontologically speaking. But boy this crocosaur is awesome to look at!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 7:28 am

A very cruel walkaround as usual Rolling Eyes Laughing

The first time I saw the official pics, I thought there was something weird with this one. I think I was influenced by the GR toys model I watched a few days before.

Looking at your pics I'm now convoinced the only weird thing was my first impression. It is really really awesome (and cheaper than the GRToys cheers )

My cruel friend, could you mesure how long it is, follwing the spine ? I would like to know if I can add one in my too crowded displays and where.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
A truly stunning artpiece. I am not convinced of the quadrupedal stance paleontologically speaking. But boy this crocosaur is awesome to look at!

I would be happy to discuss this with you because, for me, with such small hindlegs, mechanically speaking, the quadrupedal pose is the only one which fit scratch
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 8:06 am

Beautiful model! Exceptionally great texture and paintwork. And I love how the reconstruction of Spinosaurus silhouette changes with every new discovery, it's fascinating! Very Happy
Thank you for the walk around! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 8:48 am

Nice spinosaurus

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 10:38 am

When I've read your post on Eikoh tiger topic about the PNSO walk around, I ran immediately to see where it was and convinced it could be the Spinosaurus. I was right and here it is. cheers
I share the same impression as Christophe. While watching the official pictures, this model seemed very distorted. Now I see it was a wrong perception and that it was caused by this extreme but fabulous pose.
I don't even know how to start, all my expectations were surpasssed and this model is one of the most exciting figures I've ever witenessed in this hobby. It is scientifically correct considering the last researches, it is beautifully painted and the detail is immeasurable. Look at these "hands"! Oh, the knuckling pose in a pangolin style with the strongly waved pose in a Komodo dragon way, together with a evident aquatic anatomy, turns it into something really exciting. Honestly, I can perceive more accurately what this figure represents in your walk around than on video review. Fantastic topic and thanks for giving me such pleasant moments! cheers

Kikimalou wrote:

My cruel friend, could you mesure how long it is, follwing the spine ? I would like to know if I can add one in my too crowded displays and where.

Christophe, I know you probably didn't have time to watch the complete video and there the figure is measured as along the spine as being 11,5 inches long (apr. 29 cm) and it is suggested for 1:50 scale. Relatively small so it won't require too much room. cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I would be happy to discuss this with you because, for me, with such small hindlegs, mechanically speaking, the quadrupedal pose is the only one which fit scratch
I will clarify my thoughts here and if anyone wants to discuss further feel free to PM me so we don't hijack Kostas thread.  sunny

My preface is I am not a dinosaur expert, just an enthusiast of this animal in particular. Spinosaurus has been clouded in mystery since its discovery by Stromer in 1915 (and it has been plagued by misfortune also...). Since then very little in terms of remains have been found (compared to other species). My issue with the legs in particular is very layered... but the gist of it is MOST of Ibrahim's studies can be refuted. There are arguments with his 2014 specimen that the remains may not be from the same specimen let alone the same SPECIES. Many of the studies used to "prove" an aquatic swimming lifestyle used proportions of relative species (like baryonyx) and the specimens of spinosaurus that vary greatly in size to ASSUME proportions for these studies... this creates a chimaerical animal and in my opinion should NOT considered realistic. Not to mention further models for this aquatic lifestyle have not been successful (it doesn't appear this animal could dive let alone float very successfully, leading us to believe it was a land based hunter than could stalk the shallows rather than submerge itself). Until the 2014 specimen there have been NO limb elements recovered which for me are critical to seeing how the animal lived, and as expressed above the limbs of the 2014 specimen may not even be of a spinosaurus so... it all just seems very flimsy scientifically speaking and I will hold out for better science and recovery of specimens. I think as time goes on and discoveries are made that this animal will undergo a more adjustments as we learn.

But with that being said... this figure is still amazing detailed and well done.  cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 8:23 pm

WOW!!!! affraid cheers cheers
I am speechless, this model is amazing! cheers cheers Every detail, every little mark that the sculptor made, all coming together to make a true masterpiece! sunny I love your photos- so clear, and from every angle- we can see details that the human eye would normally miss- and that is what is so wonderful about your walkarounds! cheers
I love this Spinosaurus so much- imagine if PNSO started making dogs! affraid bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 2:47 am

Thank you very much everybody for your lovely comments to the model and my walkaround  sunny
I am very happy that you all share my big enthusiasm on this figure  cheers

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I will clarify my thoughts here and if anyone wants to discuss further feel free to PM me so we don't hijack Kostas thread.  sunny

Oh no Paige, Kosta is very happy to read this discussion  Very Happy  It is already very interesting reading your thoughts and I will be very happy if you continue here, on this topic with Kiki , and anyone , who want to join  Very Happy

Bonnie wrote:

I love this Spinosaurus so much- imagine if PNSO started making dogs! affraid bounce bounce

Haha Laughing Dear , sweet Bonnie Laughing  First, thank you so much for your very kind words to my walkaround and I am very happy that you also like this model...how can we all not like it ? Very Happy
But what I found funny is, that even on a dinosaur topic , you found a way to mention dogs . Hahha lol! It made my heart very happy sunny  And I wish to You, me and all dog models lovers, that one day really, PNSO  will surprise us with some beautiful dog models Very Happy

Roger wrote:

Kikimalou wrote:

Christophe, I know you probably didn't have time to watch the complete video and there the figure is measured as along the spine as being 11,5 inches long (apr. 29 cm) and it is suggested for 1:50 scale. Relatively small so it won't require too much room. cheers

Yes Kiki, Roger is correct .
And if you also want to know how big this model is exactly , you maybe need also these numbers ( which are correct, I checked) :

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:23 am

wonderful model! cheers cheers

All these models are very ineresting since they testify the improvement of knowledge about this species a few time ago!..
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 5:25 pm

I did not see this one Suspect

My eyes were firmly closedf as I scrolled all the way town silent
But I will perhaps not-look at it once more anyway Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:02 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I did not see this one Suspect

My eyes were firmly closedf as I scrolled all the way town silent
But I will perhaps not-look at it once more anyway Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing lol!

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:36 am

costicuba wrote:

Bonnie wrote:

Haha Laughing Dear , sweet Bonnie Laughing  First, thank you so much for your very kind words to my walkaround and I am very happy that you also like this model...how can we all not like it ? Very Happy
But what I found funny is, that even on a dinosaur topic , you found a way to mention dogs . Hahha lol! It made my heart very happy sunny  And I wish to You, me and all dog models lovers, that one day really, PNSO  will surprise us with some beautiful dog models Very Happy

Yess- it is such a beauty!! cheers cheers
Haha! lol! I'll always try and bring in dogs! Laughing Laughing Embarassed
But I am very glad it made your heart so happy, and now I think that the day they bring out dogs (If they do), will be an amazing, and also a very funny day! sunny Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus   PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO 2020 Spinosaurus
Page 1 of 1