Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescue dogs

Go down 
+12
Jill
George
costicuba
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Ana
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Bonnie
A-J
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Rescue dogs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 7:52 am

Oh I missed this update, what an awesome dog! Great resculpt and paint job. I like his eyes too.  sunny I have had a few repaints that haven't worked out before I got it right. You did a nice job here!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 9:30 am

Interesting story about this last work.
Sometimes it is not easy to find the right way. I must say, we rarely find the right way but it is almost a survival question when we are able of finding the right place through the wrong way. So, if you achieve your goal, the wrong way is not anymore a a wrong way just a winding one. The final result is very beautiful despite all the indecisions. cheers

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 5:33 pm

I've just caught up with this topic from the start (the joy of being new here - ALL the creations are new to me!) and what a lovely idea! Each of the dogs has such character and individuality, and your paintwork is beautiful. I look forward to seeing more rescue dogs Very Happy

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 5:55 pm

Thank you Paige, Rogério and George! flower

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 9:26 pm

It's time for the next one Very Happy

It makes me very happy if find a whole back of plastic doggies in a second handshop. I feel like there used to be more (realistc) toy dogs in second hand shops when I was younger and a rarely find one of decent size nowadays in the Netherlands... but that makes me even more happy when I find a whole back of animals that includes multiple cm-suitable dogs cheers I feel like I have found a treasure when that happens.  

The next rescue dog is one of those that I found in such a bag (that's actually the same bag I found Milou in). Now, I don't know if he originally was a chap mei dog or some sort of copy, but I wasn't branded and he didn't come with any tail...

~Alv~
the Elkhound
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was sure I wanted to turn him into some kind of sled dog, but after going through a lot of references of different breeds the head just always felt a tad too big for most of them... Then I came across an Elkhound and it just seemed to really fit. And so the choice was made.

I changed the neck to make him look a bit more upward, made the tongue longer, gave him a nice curly tail and overall added more fur. Since the bag of dogs came with his twin, (who was also tail-less unfortunately) I can show you this nice comparison so the modifications can be more easily identified :)

The name Alv was based on an instagram suggestion of someone who had a RL Elkhound named Alva and I thought the (to me) Scandinavian sound of that fitted well with this breed/custom.

So here are some more pictures of Alv. I enjoyed painting the different layers and depts of the coat and having to look up multiple pictures of beautiful Elkhounds as references wasn't a problem for me either  geek

And this last one I took in his natural habitat:

flower

Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Oh, the coat colours! Wow Very Happy

I think we have to go past the 'that's a gorgeous little dog!' first impression, and appreciate that this is a three part talent on display here -
Finding and selecting models which have potential in the first place
Figuring out just what to adjust & change to make them what you want them to be
Having the skill to transform them in just the right way

Bravo!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Oh this one is my favorite by far! Really superb job. I love it!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 pm

Yes, I completely agree with what has been said, this has to be one of my favourites so far! cheers cheers
I completely agree with you- it is so rare to find nice models in second hand shops- but when you do, especially like these dogs, it always brings so much joy! Very Happy
I just love how you have re-sculpted the fur, it looks so thick and fluffy, just how it should be! And with that beautiful tail curled over his back! drunken It's also the perfect breed choice for this model! cheers
And then the colours and the way you have painted him- it's perfect, all the markings are instantly recognisable, and each shade blends to the next wonderfully! Applause Alva really has been given the best new life! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:40 pm

What a vision you have, to look at this models and see what you can turn them into. And then the skill to make it happen! That borzoi is so elegant, the new paint job suits her much better. Your attention to thick coat details on the fluffier breeds, both texture and color, is phenomenal!
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 10:07 am

Thank you George, Paige, Bonnie and Jill! You're all too kind Embarassed flower

Here are some more dogs form the same bag.

I intent to have the little teddybear play a role in the custom of the 'twin' when I ever get to customizing him. The four on the right have all be customized/repainted already and the one on the left is currently WIP as an Otterhound and looks quite different right now :)

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 12:13 pm

The Elkhound, how amazing!! I love you Wonderful work, A-J! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 pm

Ohhh wow, you really did find so many wonderful Chap Mei dogs! cheers cheers
I love them all, that Schnauzer always amazes me with its details! Very Happy And a little Westie and collie, I don't think these are Chap Mei but they are so beautiful all the same! I love you
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 9:22 pm

Your resculpts are all so incredible, I love all of them.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 10:26 pm

What a stunning Elkhound and of my favourite breed.The first one I ever met was called Loki,a name I had never heard of, but that's much more common now!

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 12:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I finally graduated my master's degree cheers This means that I have time again to be active on the forum. I've been stalking the forum without interacting much lately when I needed a distraction, and I enjoyed all the (custom/homemade especially) new topic entries you posted to the forum. Now I can give back some new content to you too sunny

I left this topic at Alv, the elkhound. Next in line was an unusual little doggie that I had never seen before. He came from a secondhand shop and was originally a keychain figure. Well, I say originally but you never what it was before it was dropped off at the second hand's. He had a hole in his back in which a the chain was screwed. I removed the chain and filled the hole with clay. Apart from that I did not do any customization to change the original model other than painting him.

So here I introduce to you

~Pirate~
the Bearded Collie

Unfortunately I could not find any WIP or before pictures. I can tell you that pirate was just an all black dog before, probably just the raw material but I was impressed with the detail of the sculpt when I found it, even though most of it is hair. He did not have any brand indication apart from a red stamp that said "made in Europe"

I named him Pirate because he is a BEARDED collie and his eyes are covered like he has eye patches (not that two eye patches are of any use Razz ). I though pirate would be an fun name for him  pirat  pirat  though his personality is more sweet and clumsy.

Though I do not have any before pictures, I do have this little illustration I did of pirate that shows some of his sweet personality :)

Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 2:32 pm

Ahh, what a sweet little chap, well done for rescuing him and giving him a whole new life. His sketch adds so much to his personality!

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 3:40 pm

I am so pleased to see this wonderful topic back again! cheers That must be such a relief to have finished that now, and have more time to do what you love!
Pirate is so gorgeous, I love the way your rescue dogs not only have character but also represent the breeds really well! cheers All that fluff is really nice, I don't think I've ever seen a bearded collie model, only Old English Sheepdogs, and this one is beautiful! sunny And just as beautiful is your lovely illustration, I love your style and it really brings Pirate to life! Very Happy It reminds me a lot of the type of dog I love to draw sometimes, capturing the different breed features in a fun way!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 6:11 pm

Congratulations for your graduation and it is so nice that you now have more time to the forum.
Pirate is absolutely wonderful! cheers

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 6:52 pm

Very adorable repaint! The name Pirate is very well chosen. And congratulations with your degree!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Pirate is utterly adorable! Really great rescue and work on him. He is perfect!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Incredible !!!! cheers

I love all your rescues, but this perhaps a tiny bit the most Wink

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 7:07 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 4:33 pm

Very cute dog!!! An congratulations to your Masters degree!! Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 5:18 pm

What a cute Pirate! Wonderful work A-J! And great to see you on the forum again Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 10:56 am

Thank you all for your kind words! I'm happy to be back in STS town Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rescue dogs
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next