Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+12
landrover
costicuba
SUSANNE
lucky luke
Farm collector
Advicot
Roger
Ana
bmathison1972
Bonnie
widukind
Kikimalou
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 8:27 am

I usually used to avoid Papo big birds because I really dislike their legs weird proportions. The only one I had in my collection was the Marabou stork, until 2021. This year papo produced big birds that caught my eye and empty my bank account a little more. Laughing

I am talking about the Emu and chick of course and also about the grey heron. You can see the Emu walkaround [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The legs of the new model are still a bit thick but far less than the Flamingo ones so the model is fine enough to my eyes to find a place with me.

Despite this species is really really rare in the toy world, only four on TAW, they are very common where I live.

A few pics ?  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the Starlux Goliath heron for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] topic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 8:32 am

Ons of the must haves by a major brand in 2021

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:42 am

I love this model- it's a joy to see it too with your clear and beautiful pictures! cheers cheers
It's wonderful that Papo have made this species- it's a bird I occasionally see here in the UK which makes it even more special, it's always a joy to have models of the wildlife I see in day to day life! cheers
And from your photos they have made it beautifully, with so many recognisable heron details, the colours and the general shape- all so characteristic of this bird! Thank you so much for such an excellent walkaround! sunny
And I'm really looking forward to seeing Papo's Robin whenever it becomes available, I love these little birds! I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 11:24 am

Thank you Andreas and Bonnie cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 12:16 pm

widukind wrote:
Ons of the must haves by a major brand in 2021

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 1:27 pm

What a beautiful model! And great walk round! Quite a tempting figure for me too. What is the scale, approximately, please?
They are also very common in The Netherlands. And almost not afraid of humans. If you are on a boat you can sometimes come so close that you can almost touch them Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 1:54 pm

I like this model and I surely want it for my collection. Maybe the sculpt is slightly simplified but more than good to represent the species efficiently.
Thanks for opening this topic, even in these times some brands can give us good news.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 2:54 pm

Anna, Blaine and Rogério thank you to be here cheers

Ana wrote:
What a beautiful model! And great walk round! Quite a tempting figure for me too. What is the scale, approximately, please?
They are also very common in The Netherlands. And almost not afraid of humans. If you are on a boat you can sometimes come so close that you can almost touch them Laughing

Between 1/7 and 1/8 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 3:18 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Between 1/7 and 1/8 Very Happy

Thanks so much! That's good news! It can probably pose nicely for the photos with my 1/9 horses (maybe with some help of perspective tricks) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 5:04 pm

Wonderful walkaround of this fantastic figure, I will surely be buying it! Applause Applause

It reminds me of the nesting grey herons I saw today on my school's 3 mile cross country route, it was a lovely surprise Very Happy cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 5:45 pm

A very nice walk around as always, also the one with the Emu,s Applause cheers  Wonderful figurines I intend to buy as soon as my bank account allow me bounce Razz Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Surely this model deserves to spend money for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Congratulations Christophe Beau revolves around great pictures; Beautiful model that's why he's already in my aviary, now I'm impatiently waiting for the Robin Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:00 pm

From the first time I saw a picture of this model, it made my heart sing I love you cheers
So of course there is now one standing on my piano !

As always I enjoy your walkarounds, Christophe, and as always I see details in your pictures, which my short sighted eyes had not noticed in the model Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:45 pm

Thank you Susanne and Jean-Luc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 11:53 pm

Every time I see a model , which represent an animal or bird, which we also have in Bulgaria,
it makes me very happy. And when I hold one on hands, even more happy Very Happy
And this bird lives on so many plases, like many frinds here shared, that they see it in their countries.
Even one lives on Susanne`s piano affraid Laughing
Again like the Emu, this is a wonderful model. And I like the paintjob a lot.
If only the crest ( or whatever it is ) was sculpted longer, it would be very cool.
Kiki is on fire with walkarounds and I am even more happy about that fact Very Happy cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 12:26 am

This heron is marvellous, great job by Papo. cheers cheers

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 2:08 am

Many thanks for this walkaround Christophe. Applause cheers It is always a pleasure to watch your walkaround. cyclops Especially when the model is so beautiful. drunken I love you

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 5:05 pm

Amazing model. It's definitely on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 11:11 am

Thank you for my walkarounds I love you and Thank you for Papo heron cheers
Back to top Go down
teardrop

teardrop

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 10:09 pm

Very nice walkaround, Christophe! Thank you :)

Papo Grey Heron model visibly looks really well for a replica and coloring matches closely the real adult birds, but I see a few major discrepancies - the legs thickness (it is understandable in terms of figure stability), the neck is too short and the beak should have been longer.
For me, the model failed to represent the real elegance of this bird.

Overall, I like it but I wish Papo did a bit better with the sculpt of such a common bird throughout Europe.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:22 pm

Thank you Maria Very Happy

I agree it isn't perfect but at least Papo made a decent enough one. It is incredible that this very common bird in real world is so rarely made as a toy.
Back to top Go down
teardrop

teardrop

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 10:29 pm

I apologize if I have been somewhat critical here on this interesting and rarely produced model.
It is just that the Grey Heron is one of my favorite birds in real life and I felt like I needed to share my thoughts.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 11:38 pm

I have missed this wonderful walkaround! drunken of such a beautiful model. It surely worths spending money but ordering it to spielenkonsolen means paying its price twice, so I am going to wait its release in shops here (maybe a dream I'll see!) Thank you for sharing so beautiful pictures Christophe! cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Sat May 29, 2021 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 1:04 am

teardrop wrote:
I apologize if I have been somewhat critical here on this interesting and rarely produced model.
It is just that the Grey Heron is one of my favorite birds in real life and I felt like I needed to share my thoughts.

Maria, you don't need to apologize, this kind of boards are exactly places we use to discuss this subject and give our constructive criticism. By the way, I agree with what you nentioned and that was also my perception since the first time I saw the figure but I am also very used with the design of the major brand models where the delicate parts are not as delicate as in real animals. It also explains why they avoid this kind of animals, they are not easy to design realistically respecting children safety and the challenges of the production with these materials. However, the general approach is positive, I guess and we are so lucky of having a model like this one.

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Papo 50274 Gray Heron, a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next