Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+7
landrover
rogerpgvg
Roger
widukind
Bonnie
Advicot
Kikimalou
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 10:01 am

Cassowaries are certainly not the most common ratites in the toy world but we can now find four in production, less than emus but still not so bad…

Today I want to show you what is the oldest Cassowary toy we know, the Pfeiffer ! Made in composition before WWII by the Austrian firm, it will be sold as Tipple-Topple after 1950 and finally Hausser Elastolin.

It will stay the only one until 1962 when Starlux produced his own plastic Cassowary.

The model I will show you is the Pfeiffer one, produced before WWII. I would say it looks more like a Northern cassowary but it’s only my point.

A few pics ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the CollectA

With the Starlux whole family
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 am

What an amazing figure, and if I ever finally decide to collect composition, this one will surely be on my wishlist. cheers cheers

It could be a Northern Cassowary however it is rather hard to tell, but it is very possible Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 11:06 am

Wonderful to see a walkaround of a figure not made of plastic- so interesting to see the differences!! cheers
This figure is so special, being so old and also the first model of this species! And its in perfect condition! Very Happy
There is something so beautiful about the colours in this model and the way that they are highlighted by the lines, it gives the figure an artistic style which I love! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:28 pm

Phantastic :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 2:51 pm

Thank you Adam, Lilias and Andreas Very Happy

@Adam: I will be really happy if I can infect you with the Compo virus monkey

@Lilias: Those old compos are real pieces of art for me... More than that they are hybrids between pieces of art, sugar and chocolates sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 2:58 pm

Your are right, it could be a northern cassowary. So it is now interesting for my zoo

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 4:18 pm

Having a single wattle, it is the most defining feature of the Northern species.
It is not an animal I would expect to see among these old composition models. It is such a treasure and really very beautiful! It is really something very special as a collectible. Unusual species, beautiful animal, high artistic level, very rare and in very good condition. cheers

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 4:22 pm

I am already infected Christophe, now my only way for a vaccine is buying some! Laughing

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 6:00 pm

It's a fantastically beautiful figure. And the photos are amazing too!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 11:21 pm

@widukind:I'm so happy I caught it before you noticed you need one Laughing Good luck Andreas cheers

@Roger: This bird was one of my Graal, something I didn't expect to catch until I decided it was possible after all Wink

@Advicot: I wish you never recover Very Happy

@rogerpgvg: Thank you Roger, I'm happy you like it !
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 1:02 am

Wow, esplendid figure with nice colors.

Nice photos Kikimalou cheers cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 am

Thank you Fernando Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 7:49 pm

What you think about the Starlux cassowary - is it a northern cassowary too.

And Lineol have a very similar cassowary, and the Zoo Berlin had only a northern cassowary in the year 1906 - so it could be.

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 pm

Wow! Oh, in general, the Pfeiffer Cassowary is one of Elastolin's most beautiful figures and a dream for every collection. But your figure is a particularly beautiful example!
The very good condition, of course. But these great colours! Incredibly beautiful.
And the last picture together with the Starlux whole family. It could not be more perfect! I love you I love you

widukind wrote:
..And Lineol have a very similar cassowary..

Andreas, Lineol has made an cassowary ? So far, I know - there is no cassowary by Lineol. scratch study

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 3:03 am

I am so happy for you Kiki, that now this iconic model is in your collection cheers
It is not just beautifully made it, not only has this charming, vintage style, but also the feeling of holding it, like you hold a history in your hands...it must be wonderful :)
And thank you for showing this great walkaround, that we also have chance to enjoy this special model, together with you :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 am

75senta75 wrote:
Wow! Oh, in general, the Pfeiffer Cassowary is one of Elastolin's most beautiful figures and a dream for every collection. But your figure is a particularly beautiful example!
The very good condition, of course. But these great colours! Incredibly beautiful.
And the last picture together with the Starlux whole family. It could not be more perfect! I love you I love you

widukind wrote:
..And Lineol have a very similar cassowary..

Andreas, Lineol has made an cassowary ? So far, I know - there is no cassowary by Lineol. scratch study

Oh yes, my mistake. Elastolin it was

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 am

A very charming model of this fascinating creature cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 11:54 am

Beautiful walkaround of a wonderful model! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 pm

Thank you Yvette, Anna and Alain cheers

@Andreas: The Hausser Elastolin Cassowary isn't so different from this one. Pfeiffer proiduced it until 1950, then Hausser sold it as Tipple-Topple until 1965.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:16 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
@widukind:I'm so happy I caught it before you noticed you need one  Laughing Good luck Andreas  cheers

I caught mine today

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 8:52 am

cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pfeiffer Cassowary:A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1