Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 6:37 pm

Pachyrhinosaurus? Until a few years ago, the answer was most likely "What is it? Does it live in water?"  Laughing
This dinosaur was far, even very far, from the podium of the best-known Ceratopsians, with Triceratops, Protoceratops and Styracosaurus the winning trio far ahead of all the others.
The first Pachyrhinosaurus to my knowledge was the CollectA of 2008, and it was joined in 2010 by Papo, who gave a whimsical interpretation, as Papo knows so well how to do. And then nothing...  What a Face
2013 saw the release of the film Walking with dinosaurs, about the adventures of Patchi, a young Pachyrhinosaurus.
The success of the film changed all that, and in 2014 Battat, Safari Ltd and Vivid Toy Group released no fewer than 6 new models.  Shocked
PNSO will produce one in 2018 and one in 2020. Pachyrhinosaurus is now the fourth most represented Ceratopsian in the toy world.
Haolonggood has decided to offer us its two variations this year. A ”blue” and an ”orange”, I chose the last one.

So what's a Pachyrhinosaurus? It's a Ceratopsian, which lived at the end of the Cretaceous (73.5-68.5 mya).
So it didn't know the Trex, which came later. It lived in Alberta and Alaska and its "favourite" predator was Albertosaurus.
It was smaller than Triceratops (68-66 Mya) but larger than Styracosaurus (75.5-74.5 Mya). He didn't visit either of them because of the time difference.
There were three species of Pachyrhinosaurus and, given the shape of the skull, I think that Haolonggood represents the largest of them, P. Canadensis, which could have been 6-8 m long. This puts the scale of our toy between 1/33 and 1/44.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A pic with Ceratopsians at 1/35 ( Papo Triceratops and Safari Ltd Vagaceratops)

Another pic with a 1/40 Styracosaurus (Battat)

PS: Although Papo and Battat have taken on a vintage look, they're still beautiful. I love you

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 6:47 pm

This is no question one of the best Pachys available. I don't replace my Safari version (my favorite dino figures are Safari ceratopsians), but it's a great choice.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 8:18 pm

I would love topics about who did it first for small groups of animals but we have always so many tasks to do.
This ceratopsian got popular and maybe Pentaceratops will get popular too. In this hobby psittacosaurus is relatively common too although not as much as those trio. The most significative aspect is that now it is not almost only about triceratops and we are witnessing a boom of ceratopsian animal figures.
It is a fantastic model and that 1:35 scale picture is tempting. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 9:53 pm

Nice figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 10:16 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
This is no question one of the best Pachys available. I don't replace my Safari version (my favorite dino figures are Safari ceratopsians), but it's a great choice.

Before this one, no Pachyrhinosaurus had ever won my affection. The quality of the models presented by Haolonggood this year made me take the plunge and I'm not disappointed.

Roger wrote:
I would love topics about who did it first for small groups of animals but we have always so many tasks to do.
This ceratopsian got popular and maybe Pentaceratops will get popular too. In this hobby psittacosaurus is relatively common too although not as much as those trio. The most significative aspect is that now it is not almost only about triceratops and we are witnessing a boom of ceratopsian animal figures.

a "First ever as industrial toy" topic is in my mind for years now. Maybe I xill open it when my Indian rhinos topic will be finish.

After two seasons of Prehistoric Planet, I'd be delighted if a brand had the idea of producing animals from this series, Ceratopsians or not.  Very Happy

widukind wrote:
Nice figure

Thank you Andreas cheers

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 10:25 pm

So "realistic" looking! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 1:31 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

a "First ever as industrial toy" topic is in my mind for years now. Maybe I xill open it when my Indian rhinos topic will be finish.

It would be fantastic, you have the knowledge to start a great topic and it could generate more discussion and information.

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1