Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's my macaw?

Go down 
+3
Pardofelis
Bonnie
George
7 posters
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 7:22 pm

I have a model macaw, his name is Archimedes.
Several years ago I had an ongoing project of making a 12th scale Edwardian gentleman's study, with a natural history theme - he's got a fossil collection both tiny real specimens and home-made miniature copies, lots of real miniscule shells, model taxidermy and bones/antlers, and lots of tiny books on nature and botany. My model-hobbyist friend thought that kind of gentleman would love to have a real pet parrot in that era, so sent me this surprise gift to 'live' in the study.
Of course, I love him - he's very detailed, with feather by feather painting on wings and tail. Neither of us knew what brand he is (he was a second-hand find at a toy fair), there's no maker's mark on him anywhere, so for all this time he's just been perched on a miniature bookcase, desk, or chair back - he must be better behaved and much, much less destructive than any REAL parrot I've ever known, hahah Laughing

I wonder if anyone here recognises him? I've had a look all through the 'Show us Yours' parrots post, and there's none like him, or even other species which look like the same brand, so I offer up my pictures and hope someone can tell me what I own!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's very light plastic, hard with no flexibility, doesn't feel hollow, doesn't have any seams. Any ideas?

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 10:17 pm

He's a lovely parrot, I hope someone can help to identify him! Very Happy And a 12th scale Edwardian gentleman's study! Shocked Wow, that sounds amazing, I'd love to see when you have finished! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 10:18 pm

No idea about the macaw, sorry, but I woul love to take a look at this study and the miniature collections of fossils, shells, books and bones!
Sorry for the off-topic Embarassed

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 am

It could be a dollhouse figure. I have a few similar parrots made by Falcon Miniatures. Is the material resin?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 am

It doesn't feel like resin, but could possibly just be a mixture I'm not familiar with - I've got a lot of artist resin horses and different companies use different mixes, with some feeling quite light while others are heavy in hand, some are super brittle like glass where others have a very slight flexibility when prepping them. I don't know how the Falcon miniatures feel, so I couldn't say for certain that he's not resin.
Being a dolls house miniature would fit with his scale, though, he works perfectly well with my 1/12th stuff, a lot of which was bought from dolls house suppliers.

Unfortunately I don't have space to keep my Edwardian chap's miniature rooms out on display, all the contents are currently safely stored in boxes and trays. But I've got a few older photos from last time I had some of it set up, where would be the best place to post them on the forum? In the 'Your other collections and hobbies' board?

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am

I also can't help you about your beautiful figure. My best guess is also a Dollhouse model considering it fits with the 1/12 scale.

George wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have space to keep my Edwardian chap's miniature rooms out on display, all the contents are currently safely stored in boxes and trays. But I've got a few older photos from last time I had some of it set up, where would be the best place to post them on the forum? In the 'Your other collections and hobbies' board?

Yes, you can open the topic there. Very Happy

Country/State : Brasil

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 2:47 am

In portuguese, this specie of macaw is popularly called “aracanga”
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 7:06 am

Pedro wrote:

Welcome here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 9:42 am

Pedro wrote:

Welcome on forum, Pedro. Araracanga, right? I hope you enjoy on forum. Very Happy

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 2:27 pm

Pedro wrote:

Very similar as in Czech language, ara arakanga (lat. Ara macao)...
Back to top Go down
Pedro

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 6:26 pm

widukind wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Welcome here

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pedro

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 6:28 pm

Roger wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Welcome on forum, Pedro. Araracanga, right? I hope you enjoy on forum. Very Happy

Thanks, i really like it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's my macaw? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's my macaw?   What's my macaw? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's my macaw?
Page 1 of 1