Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~ Big Cat Customs ~

Go down 
+9
Taos
Roger
Shanti
Bonnie
A-J
George
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Miss Jane
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

~ Big Cat Customs ~ Empty
PostSubject: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 4:00 am

So, as some of you may know, my sister (20s) has a pretty incredible Big Cat collection. It started off when we were very young and we had the original Lion King toys. We gradually created our own 'Pride' of Big Cats (tigers, lions, cheetahs) and eventually even wrote kids books and gave them all names. Now we don't play with them anymore of course  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , but my sis still has a collection that she regularly adds to.
I've been commissioned to repaint her some realistic looking big cats and the challenge is making $2 toys look nice enough to join her collection.

I'll slowly add to this post as I make more customs.
I had a go at one this week, and to be fair it's my first custom in years, not to mention first ever tiger painted lol!  Shocked  Laughing

$2.50 Tiger to something resembling a Bengal Tiger Laughing
- Tiger before -
(sorry, bad lighting)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

- Tiger After -
- and here he is chilling with the Schleich/Papo ripoffs just as a size/scale example.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 4:02 am

Oh you improved it so much! Really great job, I can't wait to see more.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 8:57 am

Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 9:54 am

I love the idea of making cheap models look great! Doesn't he have a handsome face now Very Happy

Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am

George wrote:
I love the idea of making cheap models look great! Doesn't he have a handsome face now Very Happy

Haha yeah part of that is living in a major city, plus medical and study bills [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So the sister gets cheap ones for now Laughing
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 11:12 am

Looking great! cheers cat

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 11:48 am

This is stunning, you have changed a cheap model into a beautiful big cat model that rivals those by the major brands! Applause cheers I love all the shades of orange in the coat, and the meticulous detail you have put in the stripes, it is so recognisable now as this species! Can't wait to see more! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 3:47 pm

Before it was a toy, now it is a true tiger! Wonderful transformation! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 3:50 pm

I'd never notice how nice this sculpt is if it was not your fantastic repaint! Even the body looks longer and the face much more realistic!

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 4:24 pm

Great repaint!!

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 12:38 am

Aw thanks guys!
Roger- I may have attacked its face with a scalpel 😝
I tend to modify most models with scalpels beforehand.
Back to top Go down
goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 8:41 am

Really good. Well done 👍🏻
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:27 am

You saved this tiger with your paintwork, Anna! Lovely work! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 11:54 pm

Wonderful repaint Anna that leaks a real good sculpture! the face was rather ridicule and now so realistic! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 12:50 am

Aw thanks guys, you're all so kind ☺
To be honest first time tiger and I was slightly terrified 🤣
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 10:55 am

Miss Jane wrote:
Aw thanks guys, you're all so kind ☺
To be honest first time tiger and I was slightly terrified 🤣
And the result was fantastic! sunny
I love your new avatar too, Chloe is so sweet! I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:28 am

Haha thanks Bonnie, Chloe is pretty cute isn't she [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 1:13 am

Love your painting style, what a beautiful face you created, especially the eyes. I always thought as a child it would be fun to turn the poorly painted creatures into something beautiful like this, who knew there was a whole hobby of people out here doing just that! The stripes are so fluid and painterly, I think that's my favorite part, really gives shape to his body.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~ Big Cat Customs ~   ~ Big Cat Customs ~ Empty

Back to top Go down

~ Big Cat Customs ~
Page 1 of 1