Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales

Go down 
+2
Roger
teardrop
6 posters
AuthorMessage
teardrop

teardrop

Country/State : Bulgaria

Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales Empty
PostSubject: Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales   Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 11:13 pm

Cheers!
Found accidentally this set of Whales models and having a soft feeling for miniatures I decided to give it a chance and present it here Wink

It is part of Toy Major series "Wonder World of Nature", which based on the description on the blister package consists of 7 sets - Lizards, Snakes, Whales, Turtles, Crocodiles, Frogs, Insects, Sharks, Reptiles. Unfortunately, there is no data of the production year.
All models have their species name in English stamped on their belly, together with "Made in China" and one letter - from A to F for this set.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

List of models:

A. Sperm Whale

B. Beluga Whale

C. Killer Whale

D. Pilot Whale

E. Grey Whale

F. Humpback Whale

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales   Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 1:27 am

Oh, so there is a sequence. This is more or less the Play Visions concept. Very interesting, thanks for letting us know. :)

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales   Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 4:01 am

Great set! What a unique item, I didn't know TM did these sorts of mini sets too. Thanks for showing them!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales   Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 8:48 am

They looks different to the common chinese figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales   Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 9:53 am

Thes are so beautiful, for smaller scale figures they have many nice details! cheers I love the painting on the Pilot Whale, the way they have done it makes it almost look as though it's underwater, and the sculpt of the Humpback is stunning! Very Happy Thank you very much for sharing these here! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales   Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 8:15 pm

These are really nice, not just from our point of view as adult collectors, but imagine how many little kids would grow up knowing their whales properly as a result of finding these accurate and species-labelled sets, instead of the cartoony plastic creatures which you usually see in the shops. They'd have helped young-me remember which names go with which shapes!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales   Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Major, Wonder World of Nature Miniature Set of Whales
Page 1 of 1