Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.

Go down 
+19
Birdsage
Joliezac
spacelab
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
Megaptera
landrover
Taos
George
Kikimalou
Caracal
Jill
Bonnie
Roger
Pardofelis
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 5:15 am

The sealife and equids are all great choices! The orcas specifically I have always found to be so charming, need to track them down some day.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Part 37: WHALES!   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Part 37: Whales

My collection of Whales is limited to just 4 models (+1 to be used as an offspring**) and it's unlikely I will ever get more. Maybe just one or two, if I ever decide for a Blue adult or a Sperm. Still, my space is limited for such large models and I try to avoid having models in boxes.
My favourite is the iconic Schleich Humpback from the M+B plant, such a heavy and detailed beast! Photos:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PHOTO 1
Humpback Whale (Schleich 2001)
Bowhead Whale (Collecta 2014)

PHOTO 2
Narwhal (Collecta 2013)
Beluga Whale (Collecta 2012)

The first photo cheats somehow, as the Humpback is much bigger than the Bowhead in real. The size difference shown in my photo represents better the real life though..
** Another model I have is a Schleich Blue Whale, I thought of retiring it, but I might use it as an offspring if I ever buy a very big adult. Here it is, the 2005 model from Schleich:

-----

A song with a clear message, from Jarvis Cocker, the leader of Pulp.

Jarv Is... - Save the Whale (2020)

---

For album artwork, it's a soundtrack written and performed by Lisa Gerrard of Dead Can Dance for the film Whale Rider.

Lisa Gerrard - Whale Rider (original soundtrack, 2003)

arrow

--
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 4:22 pm

I can see why the Schleich humpback is your favourite, beautiful! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 4:36 pm

That is a beautiful humpback, so much detail in the sculpt, and I love the way the sides of the tail fluke are curving upwards, like it's pushing against the water.

I liked that Whale Rider film a lot, I've got the dvd but not the soundtrack cd

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Lovely whale figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Beautiful selection of whales! The Schleich humpback whale is my absolute favorite whale model. I remember saving up allowance money when I was little to pay for it in a gift shop cheers Such a big and heavy beautifully painted whale, the Schleich whales always have a special place in my heart.

The CollectA whales you have I don't own but I've been meaning to get them and they are beautiful! I love the bowhead whale especially.

Great selection! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 7:18 pm

Maia & Borges (Schleich) humpback is one of the most fascinating figures of this hobby. I think the sperm whale of the same seris can be placed at a very close level.
Those unusual CollectA whales are all very beautiful and tempting too.
Ah, this song, musically, is surely not addicting for my personal taste, though, I like the cover you presented.

Here is an alternative plan to collect (standard sized) Cetaceans of most of the 12 extant families without being exaustive.
As there is no pygmy right whale, new-world river dolphin neither La Plata dolphin.
I "replaced" for other 3 remarkable species of families already represented: blue whale, orca and narwhal. 9 families, 12 figures.

Blue whale and Humpback whale for Rorqual family
gray whale
Bowhead whale
Sperm whale
Beluga and Narwhal for Monodontidae family
Pygmy sperm whale
Orca and common bottlenose dolphin for the family of Oceanic dolphins
Ganges river dolphin
Vaquita (Porpoise)

I think this is a good plan but I am not suggesting it to you, you're much better planning your collection that I am myself.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 3:36 am

Wow, I hadn't seen that humpback, how beautiful! Makes my Carnegie pair look sick. Laughing

I've been eyeballing that bowhead whale for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 4:55 am

Lovely whales! I love that blue whale, I hope to find one someday.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 4:27 pm

lovely models cheers cheers  but same problem for me, I would like to get the Papo Blue and sperm whales but no more places on my shelves! scratch
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:22 pm

Nice small collection Kostas Very Happy

Finding a decent Blue whale without giving an arm for it is a real challenge indeed.

The first pic isn't so bad even if the Humpack whale is a bit too big. Humpack whales are just a bit smaller than Bowhead whales in real life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah, I was talking about the real size difference of the models, in the photo they look close enough because the bowhead stands on the front, while they are not that much. But I can fake the humpback is a very large specimen, while the bowhead a medium.
In my "possible sizes" collection list the bowhead is a 15m specimen and the humpback 17.5m, so they look OK after all..hehe.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: part 38: FELIDS (Wild and domestic Cats)   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Part 38: FELIDS (Wild and domestic Cats)

I have already posted my pride of Lions, time for the rest of my cats. Photos are by continent

ASIA

PHOTO 1 L to R
Tiger (Schleich 2015)
Tiger (Schleich 2008)
Snow Leopard (Papo 2014)
Snow Leopard (Collecta 2011)

PHOTO 2 L to R
Indian Black Leopard (Papo 2004)
Clouded Leopard (Safari 2019)
Amur Leopard (Collecta 2015)

At the moment the current Schleich Tiger is used as a Siberian, but this can easily change if a future third Tiger I will get is a bigger sized Siberian, like Collecta's for example. Then the Schleich will be a Sumatran. A great and versatile model actually depending on the scale of your collection.
My papo Snow Leopard is from an early batch, but not the first. So, the painting is not perfect but still decent compared with the later ones. CollectA's needs an update or even better a new one.

I use the black panther as an Indian Leopard, that is a heavy one and quite common in this melanistic colour variant. Safari's clouded leopard is almost perfect, while the Amur is debatable. I think it's a good one but not excellent.

AFRICA

L to R
African Leopard (Schleich 2007)
Cheetah (Schleich 2016)
Cheetah young Cub (Safari 1998)

Two Schleich models I love and a Safari ready for retirement. A Caracal is my most wanted model to be made for African cats.

AMERICA

L to R
Jaguar (Schleich 2007)
Young Puma(Papo 2007)
Puma Cub (Papo 2016)

15 years after its release, I believe the Schleich Jaguar is still one of the very best. The smaller Papo puma will be replaced by the new Schleich, if it's as good as the photos show. So I can have one in North and one in South America. I've been unlucky with acquiring the Papo ocelot, so I still want one. A Canada Lynx would be nice too, but the Safari version is not satisfying enough for me.

EUROPE

L to R
Eurasian Lynx (Collecta 2012)
Eurasian Lynx cub(Schleich 2010)
Eurasian Lynx (Papo 2018)

It looks like a family, though I was never intended to have one. I think they look cool together, especially for a family made of 3 different brands.

DOMESTIC

L to R
Maine Coon Cat (Schleich 2019)
Tabby Cat(Schleich 2017)
Exotic Shorthair Cat (Collecta 2021)

"Meow!!"

----

After much thought (yes, I really put some thought on this) I decided to go with a much more commercial song than usual, almost as popular as the species. Not really the genre I usually enjoy in my home's speakers, but the electro-disco of Cat People was the most proper song for this post. Two pioneers got together in 1982 to make the main song for a movie and it was actually more popular than the movie itself.
The one and only David Bowie in singing and lyrics with Giorgio Moroder in music and production. The film was kind of an erotic horror output with Nastassja Kinski on the leading role, she was actually a sex symbol at that time. I've watched it, but can't remember if it was good or not. The song was one of the biggest hits for 1982 in Europe, especially in Scandinavia and the Mediterranean. Oddly enough, it didn't do that well in Bowie's homeland.

David Bowie (with Giorgio Moroder) - Cat People (putting out fire) 1982

---

This time I want to show two different record artworks. First it's the iconic cover of The Stranglers 7th studio album called "Feline". It's not obvious from my photo, but the panther is embossed on the sleeve. I also think this is the best Stranglers record along with their first one.
Then a more intimate to me, a beloved English band called Piano Magic with one of my favourite album sleeves. It shows a portion of "The Kittens' Tea Party", a diorama made by taxidermist Walter Potter in the 19th century. Here they are:

The Stranglers - Feline (1983)

Piano Magic - Low Birth Weight (1999)

cat cat cat

--
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Nice cats

and a another good song is "Love cats" by The Cure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 2:54 pm

If it was to post a Cure song, "All Cats Are Grey" would be a more welcomed choice for me. The Lovecats is a good pop song, but rather too poppy for The Cure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Honestly a great selection of cats all around! That old Schleich jaguar in particular has always been my favorite and I feel that something about it (absent in other sculpts for me) just really screams "real jaguar" to me.

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 4:09 pm

A fascinating selection, when the amount of figures out there is large, and can be bewildering - especially for the popular species, like african big cats - it's a really interesting insight to see which ones individual collectors are choosing.

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:16 pm

Very good choice of models and beautiful pictures! cheers cheers
Did you repaint the Schleich leopard? it's so better than mine!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:28 pm

Great choice of cats, perhaps my favourite animal family. Your overview is fantastic, to give me an idea of what modern brands produce.

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:31 pm

Thank you all!

Caracal wrote:

I wish I could, you are the expert on repainting leopards. Wink
So no, but this model was 10 years in production, so there are variants with significant difference. I've seen 3, this was the best I could find in detail and coloration.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:40 pm

Well, after listening all these songs on your posts, I almost forgot which figures were presented. It is like when we watch a movie, we have no idea if it was good or not but we remember Nastassja Kinski was there. Razz
I agree about the best jaguar, I will get the Safari soon or later but as long as I don't have it, that Schleich version will remain my favorite for sure. I also enjoy again the way you sort your collection, especially leopards. Yes, the Amur leopard is not a masterpiece but I really enjoy having it and I enjoy that you have it too.
No way, knowing your taste, I am sure you'll never enjoy the Safari Canada lynx, the problem is that I think nobody will release another one. I wished Safari could have updated the painting because the sculpt is quite decent. For a last note, I really hope you can find an ocelot. It is a very nice figure, you will enjoy it, it is also relatively small, quite decent, a rare species but also very hard to find.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Lovely felines! I have the CollectA Eurasian lynx coming in the mail and I'm glad to see its compatible with Schleich & Papo!

The old Schleich tiger, leopard, and jaguar are some of my favorites cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Roger wrote:
It is like when we watch a movie, we have no idea if it was good or not but we remember Nastassja Kinski was there. Razz

I think my problem is focused on the whole Kinski family. I remember Nastassja's dad did a great Nosferatu character in the late 70's, but again I can't recall how good or bad the film was... These German people have a talent in over-shading the whole picture. tongue
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 6:45 pm

spacelab wrote:
Thank you all!

Caracal wrote:

I wish I could, you are the expert on repainting leopards. Wink
So no, but this model was 10 years in production, so there are variants with significant difference. I've seen 3, this was the best I could find in detail and coloration.

OK,  so you have a very good version, thank you Constantin! :)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 11:17 am

always a real pleasure to follow you and excellent group photos! Very Happy Applause cheers

sunny Cool study Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.   horses - Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART. - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spacelab's Collection FINAL PART.
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: