Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kid Kore tiny horses

Go down 
+2
widukind
Jill
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Kid Kore tiny horses  Empty
PostSubject: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 11:20 am

If you are under the impression that all I do is take pictures of tiny plastic animals and then ask you all questions about them, you'd be right (almost - I also have to go to work occasionally Laughing ).

Another extra figure arrived in a box that I have questions about! I already had the baby, and I like them both, I find them quite charming. But when I look up Kid Kore horses, I find only large horses with rooted hair. Anyone know where these tiny horses came from, and most importantly, are there any more? Thanks!

They are both marked Kid Kore 1999 China

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 7:32 pm

Never seen before, congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 4:11 am

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 4:29 am

I have a handful of these too, will try to share them sometime. Nice little ponies! cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 11:01 am

Okay, so I turned my attention to these guys a while ago, trying to figure out what they were and to get whichever ones I could find. First of all, success figuring out how they were packaged, anyway! Or at least how SOME of them were packaged.

One size of the Kid Kore Stable Champions with rooted hair was sold with a pair of solid plastic minis, a mare and foal (it seems like). Kid Kore was available only in Wal-Mart, as far as I could find. It was registered in 1998 and then dissolved in 2009. Aside from what is on Toy Animal Wiki already, that's all I could find.

Interestingly, the package does not acknowledge the minis at all. Once I saw how they were packaged, though, I thought it would be pretty easy sailing from there to figure out what was available - just begin by assuming each horse on the backcard had two matching minis. Turns out, definitely not as easy as that.

Here are the ones still in package that I could find pictures of:

The back card:

French Trotter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Saddlebred

Westphalion

And here are their minis, closer:

French Trotter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (no image contained the entire model, never saw its head)

Saddlebred

Westphalion

Things got weird quickly when I started finding physical models, though. For instance (all minis are stamped with Kid Kore 1999 China):

My appaloosa foal doesn't match either Appaloosa [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Appaloosa [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on the backcard. That could be attributed to them simply not worrying too much about matching, and just having an appaloosa pattern, but then I found a matching horse in the same mold as some of these. Could there have been later sets with new colors? I suspect that's possible, meaning there could be a slew of them out there. I also found a photo of a matching mini mare:

This mini also doesn't match any existing sets on that back card. Maybe it goes with the pinto, you might think, but I have the matching mare and foal mini set on their way to me for that. I had no luck finding anything that looked like this one, except perhaps a leopard appaloosa:

Here's one that I believe does go with one of those pictured horses. Weirdly enough, I think this is the Palomino. The French Trotter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the actual palomino color, however. Oops.

This foal might belong to one of the two appaloosas. I would guess Appaloosa [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but since it doesn't match very well, I don't know without seeing it in package.

And finally, a confirmed set! This mare and foal are the Saddlebred. I did not buy the large horse that came with them, though it was available.

I found photos of a few more but they aren't mine. Here's what I think they are, though.

Thoroughbred (because they Westphalion set, though black, is in a different pose)

And Hackney (which looks exactly like the Saddlebred on the backcard)

I could be completely wrong on those guesses, of course. They might be something totally different. Once the pintos arrive, I'll include their photos as well, though they are stuck currently in California. If you found yours, Paige, I would love to see them! Or if anyone else has any, please share! :) I really like them. Unfortunately, most of them do not stand well on their own, so displaying them will be a bit tricky.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 9:40 pm

This is all so interesting, I love how you are finding and uncovering all this previously unknown information about lesser-known brands! cheers cheers I love these horses, especially the largest models, they are beautifully done! cheers I love the dogs from this brand too, but they're definitely hard to find these days! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 10:28 pm

Apparently I missed this topic, I am glad you added more information and I could find it.
I don't know anything about the brand and I am not sure I am understanding it well enough to start listing them on TAW. I may take a look to see if I find more information or wait that Paige or any other member gives more informations about this series. You're really good finding mini horse models.

Jill wrote:
If you are under the impression that all I do is take pictures of tiny plastic animals and then ask you all questions about them, you'd be right (almost - I also have to go to work occasionally  Laughing ).

lol! I love it. Very Happy

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 2:32 am

I agree, I don't think it's quite ready for TAW yet. Just the first layer of puzzle pieces. Razz
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 2:44 am

They're branded SRC and manufactured by Kid Kore. Laughing I find so many sets under the SRC Horse Club brand that if these will be someday listed on TAW, we need to make a triage.
I will only share this picture of the same backcard only because i can read it better. Wink

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 8:07 am

Could SRC be a different line than Stable Champions, released by Kid Kore? They seem to have many different series, both horses and dolls (and dogs). That says it was distributed to K-Mart, so maybe SRC was the "K-Mart brand" and Stable Champions the "Wal-Mart brand" . . . or maybe not at all. Laughing  I have only seen these minis under Stable Champions so far, but who knows.

I won't be the one to get all the larger models with the rooted hair. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 10:38 am

Okay, well, the pintos went from "stuck in California for a week" to "on your doorstep" . . . so, here they are!

The baby isn't marked with anything, I assume because it's lying down, so nowhere to put the stamp.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 11:09 am

Oh, some new citizens for this club. cheers

Jill wrote:
Could SRC be a different line than Stable Champions, released by Kid Kore? They seem to have many different series, both horses and dolls (and dogs). That says it was distributed to K-Mart, so maybe SRC was the "K-Mart brand" and Stable Champions the "Wal-Mart brand" . . . or maybe not at all. Laughing  I have only seen these minis under Stable Champions so far, but who knows.

I won't be the one to get all the larger models with the rooted hair. Wink

Laughing You're right. I should say instead that Kid Kore has many lines. I've found for sale loads of large horses supposed to be used with dolls and then I've found Kelsey and she has a lot of sisters, Katie, Carla, etc.,  and there's a baby called Jena and there are also Native American girls, Asiatic and gypsys and when I returned to the forum I couldn't remember anymore what was the collecting subject of STS. Laughing Kidding, I think for Horses we will narrow it to SRC Riding Club and obviously we will list them as Kid Kore on TAW.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 8:42 pm

A fantastic pair of pintos to join the others! cheers The foal is very sweet! I love you
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 10:22 am

Thank you, Bonnie!

A few more arrived today. :) I haven't sat and figured out if we can tell which set these belong to yet. The pinto is confusing, because that's the third one now. So there might be two pinto sets.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 9:20 pm

Yes, maybe there is a second pinto set! Shocked
I love the rearing horse, it's not often that I see smaller models like this with this pose, but it's wonderful! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 9:48 pm

I listed them on TAW already but the only pictures I added were the previous Pinto pair but I am not even sure if those are correct. It is strange because I am very used to group sets of figures just completing puzzles with the little info available and here I don't even know where to start. I am sure with your dedication and new findings, you'll guide me through it. Wink

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 4:41 am

I agree, the information available is a mess. Laughing I'm hoping to find more in-box examples to clear things up! TAW looks good to me for now. I have one more group of them on the way, and then I'll see if I can sort out who matches who. scratch
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 5:03 am

Okay, I took better photos of everyone and figured out, as well as I could, which ones we know and which ones we don't. Each mare and foal set seems to be consistent, as in the molds are always used together. There appear to be four mare molds and four foal molds (I am missing one foal mold, but have photos of it from other owners).

The following are confirmed via photos which set they belong with:

Saddlebred Mare and Foal

French Trotter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mare and Foal

The following are educated guesses based on the back card and process of elimination via other photos, but not 100% confirmed:

Palomino Mare and Foal - Kid Kore itself got the color label wrong, not actually a palomino

Hackney Mare and Foal

Pinto Mare and Foal

The following I cannot place at all. They don't match the one known backcard for Stable Champions, and I haven't found any other in package examples.

Unknown Chestnut Mare and Foal

Unknown Pinto Mare

Unknown Pinto Mare

Unknown Buckskin Mare

Unknown Appaloosa Foal - photo exists of the matching mare, and possibly the matching larger horse

Unknown Appaloosa Foal
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 9:30 am

You are doing so well at identifying all these unknown horses and sorting them out! cheers They're all wonderful! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 11:01 am

Since you sorted them and it got easier for me, I used the chance to upload on TAW all those whose set is known. I saved the pictures of the unknown in a folder to upload them as soon as the right way to sort them is found. Thanks for your dedication and pictures.
By the way, I listed the non Palominos as Palominos once it is what the brand call them and I don't have any other better idea at the moment.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 10:22 am

Bonnie wrote:
You are doing so well at identifying all these unknown horses and sorting them out! cheers They're all wonderful! Very Happy
Thanks! I have to obsess somewhere! Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks for sorting through all these random little creatures I keep finding! I'm curious, on TAW, how come you've listed them as SRC instead of Stable Champions? Are they probably the same brand (since they are both Kid Kore and use I guess a lot of the same molds)? I couldn't find anywhere on the packaging that said SRC. It's all very confusing, and I don't quite have a grasp how things like this are divided on TAW. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 10:32 am

Jill wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks for sorting through all these random little creatures I keep finding! I'm curious, on TAW, how come you've listed them as SRC instead of Stable Champions? Are they probably the same brand (since they are both Kid Kore and use I guess a lot of the same molds)? I couldn't find anywhere on the packaging that said SRC. It's all very confusing, and I don't quite have a grasp how things like this are divided on TAW. Laughing

What you are observing is important. If we don't list them correctly on TAW, it will be a problem for future editions.
I am not sure I am getting things correctly. Aren't all these figures manufactured by Kid Kore and part of a series trademarked as SRC Riding Club?
... or are these from a series called Stable Champions and some of the moulds are the same?
I think I will need to read the whole topic again and if I don't get it, I think you need to tell me how to list each pair. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 11:00 am

Roger wrote:

What you are observing is important. If we don't list them correctly on TAW, it will be a problem for future editions.
I am not sure I am getting things correctly. Aren't all these figures manufactured by Kid Kore and part of a series trademarked as SRC Riding Club?
... or are these from a series called Stable Champions and some of the moulds are the same?
I think I will need to read the whole topic again and if I don't get it, I think you need to tell me how to list each pair. Laughing
Well, I am only going by the four images I found of them in-package, so I am not working from much. Laughing But what I'm seeing is:

- Stable Champions appears to be a line of large plastic horses with rooted hair, tack, and a mailbox (for some reason) created by Kid Kore. In one series, each of these horses came with two minis: a matching mare and foal (this line that I am collecting). These minis are not mentioned or pictured anywhere on the box, but they are included in the packaging. Other Stable Champion series exist, and they use (so far that I have seen) the same large horse molds but do not include the minis.

- The Shenandoah Riding Club was also made by Kid Kore and included plastic horses with rooted hair in a lot of different sets, some with riders. Some of these horses are smaller but not miniature, some are large and jointed, but I haven't (yet) seen any with the these solid plastic minis. That clearly could just be a lack of photos! Most of the SRC horses are not the same molds as the Stable Champions horses.

- I haven't yet seen anything to suggest the minis were ever sold separately, but I also haven't found anything to explain the ones that don't match the back card, so it's quite possible they are yet another line. A second series of Stable Champions, an SRC line, a totally different line, who knows!!

I hope that's helpful. I'm not entirely sure what vocabulary is correct when talking about brands and lines and companies with this one, because Kid Kore made so many different sets, as you noted.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 4:11 am

OK, so all these figures should be called Kid Kore Stable Champions Minis.
Listing on TAW it is important that no two figures have pages with the same exact name. It is quite easy when we work with brands like Schleich, Papo or similar because each figure has its own product number. So, even if you have ten Arabian horses to list, using their product numbers they will all have differently named pages. Though, when product numbers are not known or they just do not exist, we should use suggestive names to identify them.
Let's suppose all those series from Kid Kore have Appaloosas. Some from the SRC line and some others from the Stable Champions. The way to list them differently is to give their series name. So we have a Kid Kore SRC Appaloosa and a Kid Kore Stable Champions Appaloosa. If they have a foal, no problem, we just preserve these names adding the word Foal at the end. If they are the regular runs and they have corresponding minis, we use the word Mini previous to the name of the figure. Thus, if your Appaloosa is a mini version of a regular run and it is from the Stable Champions series, we call it Kid Kore Stable Champions Mini Appaloosa.
Quite boring, isn't it? Laughing It turns hard to manage when we are working on several brands at the same time because at a certain point we are messing everything. Laughing
So, before starting to rename everything on TAW and after my observations, do you think listing these you pictured as Kid Kore Stable Champions Minis is the most adjusted way?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 3:59 am

That makes sense to me, and Kid Kore Stable Champions Minis sounds like a good description! Thank you for doing so much work to make it navigable!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kid Kore tiny horses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next