Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kid Kore tiny horses

Go down 
+2
widukind
Jill
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 6:40 am

Here is your appy foal. I thought I had 1 or 2 more of these horses somewhere but I can't find them... might have even imagined them...? Wink
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 10:04 pm

Yay!! Thank you so much for sharing! I believe that's Appaloosa [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] foal from the back card. :) Another set from the back card confirmed within a reasonable certainty!

I also got these today! They are confirmed from the photo to be the Westphalion mare and foal.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 pm

Wonderful finds to add to your growing series! cheers I love the smooth sleek feel about them that they have, and the foal's rearing pose! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 11:22 pm

The rearing pose is one of the loveliest of the series! It's almost almost impossible to keep standing, haha. Actually this whole series has a Domino problem.

I haven't done the Westphalion set justice with my camera, they are in fact a really nice seal brown, almost black but with just a little brown in the highlights. I think the nice paint jobs that a lot of these has is part of the reason I like them so much.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 10:03 am

I renamed all these mini horses on TAW. What are the Westphalian, Stable Champions Minis too and what about Paige's model? I see the only way to help me finding where to put these on TAW is that you talk with me as I was a baby. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 4:03 pm

No problem, I am not always very good at explaining. Laughing Both the Westphalion set and Paige's foal match horses on the backcard, so they are part of the same Stable Champions Minis set. The Westphalions are confirmed by an in-package photo. Paige's looks like it matches the horse labeled Appaloosa [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], so I assume that's the one it goes with. It's the foal of that set. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Jill wrote:
No problem, I am not always very good at explaining. Laughing Both the Westphalion set and Paige's foal match horses on the backcard, so they are part of the same Stable Champions Minis set. The Westphalions are confirmed by an in-package photo. Paige's looks like it matches the horse labeled Appaloosa [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], so I assume that's the one it goes with. It's the foal of that set. Thank you!

Perfectly explained! I added the pair of Westphalians and the Appaloosa 2 foal on TAW. Please, keep explaining me these things like I was a crocodile hatchling or I'll never know what to do with these mini horses. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Great, thank you! I will do my best. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 1:47 am

I am still working on this, and I wanted to put this here so I don't lose it. Someone shared this information with me:

"I'm somewhat familiar with them. They originally sold at Wal-Mart and Kmart both. Walmart even sold two different 8 piece gift sets of the larger horses. One of which did have some minis but i couldn't tell you which ones. That was in 1999 if i remember correctly. Several years later they ended up in close out stores like Big Lots. That was in 2004. Sorry i don't still have my hang cards from the set i did buy."

This does not add anything to TAW, it's just compiling what little scraps I find. Laughing I have actually gotten more of these, including some in-package, giving me an in-person backcard which has helped. But still not ready to add any further organization to TAW . . .
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2022 1:07 am

Well, I have found the second back card, but the only copy on the internet I have unearthed is absolutely illegible. Sad The horses, however, match many of the figures I have found that don't belong to the other set. I found good pictures of several of the large models which confirmed this. This second (or first?) series of Stable Champions features an adult horse and a foal, which makes sense that the minis were also an adult horse and foal. I have not confirmed the minis were packaged with these, but I am leaning toward that assumption. Even if they were packaged differently, their colors match, so I imagine their breeds also match.

So here's me spending my Wednesday night trying to read painfully blurred lettering on a tiny picture.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] At least I know what I'm looking for now, and that two sets are pretty much confirmed. It looks like some are repeats of the other set, which might explain why there are more of some colors out there, making them easier to find.

There are still a few colors out there, though, that aren't explained by either back card . . . meaning there is at least a third series . . . maybe . . .

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2022 10:38 am

It is impossible to read but great work finding it. They have other sets with horses and other horse related elements and it may explain a few different colors. Though, it is a subject I'm not confortable at all.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2022 4:10 pm

Through context clues and a few other resources to match colors, I think I have a reasonable estimation of the list. Only the top right is entirely beyond a guess. Sleep  However, the pieces are still scattered far and wide. It would be great to know if the minis were released with any sets other than Stable Champions, but given that none of he marketing or packaging ever even mentions the minis, much less has pictures of them, the only confirmation I can ever get is finding them in package. Perhaps the minis were released individually at one point as well.  scratch

Anyway, that's neither here not there . . . nothing for TAW yet. Laughing My obscure hunt continues. study
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 11:38 pm

Alright, well, I finally have an actual update for TAW. I found an image of a mare and foal set in package with good shots of the back card, as well as a few other in-package photos to help me organize a little better, and so I have been able to establish two confirmed sets. There are still several horses that are unaccounted for in either set, so still waiting on those to appear, but for now I at least know how 48 of them can be listed. :)

No rush on any editors or anything from me of course, I just want to put it out there for whenever! I know this is not a critical piece of knowledge the world is clamoring for or anything. Laughing This information can be organized however those who know best see fit. I have noted if the photos already appear on TAW.

Kid Kore Stable Champions - 1 large, rooted hair horse sold with tack, mailbox accessory, and 2 miniature horses in solid plastic, a mare and foal (other Stable Champions series exist, but those do not have minis).

I own the photos of this packaging, so they can be used on TAW if they are helpful.

The back card (minis are excluded from all packaging photos):

How they are packaged:

The minis:

1. Appaloosa 1
[no images yet]

2. Appaloosa 2
[no adult image]

3. Arabian
[no images yet]

4. French Trotter 1

5. French Trotter 2 (these are mislabeled as French Trotter 1 on TAW)
TAW image
TAW image

6. Hackney
TAW image
TAW image

7. Hanoverian
[no images yet]

8. Palomino
TAW image
TAW image

9. Pinto
TAW image
TAW image

10. Saddlebred
TAW image
TAW image

11. Thoroughbred
[no images yet]

12. Westphalian
TAW image
TAW image

SRC Riding Club - 2 large, rooted hair horses (adult and foal) sold with tack and 2 miniature horses in solid plastic, mare and foal (other SRC series exist, but they were not sold with minis). Some breeds and colors were repeated, but they appear to be released in different molds than the Stable Champions.

(I do not yet own any images of the packaging)

The minis:

1. Appaloosa (these were not distinguished by numbers on the back card. This set is a blanket appaloosa)

2. Appaloosa (this set is a leopard appaloosa)
[no image of foal yet]

3. Arabian (this set is gray)
[no images yet]

4. Arabian (this set is black)
[no foal image yet]

5. French Trotter
[no images yet]

6. Hanoverian
[no images yet]

7. Mustang
[no foal image yet]

8. Palomino
[no images yet]

9. Pinto
[no images yet]

10. Saddlebred
[no images yet]

11. Thoroughbred
[no images yet]

12. Westphalian
[no images yet]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 1:11 am

I'm posting to let you know that I am following this topic and trying to find a way to list thhis 2nd series.
It is not easy because I can't call them 1 and 2 since it already happens with figures of the same series. Appies are easy once they all have different names but I still don't know what to do with Palominos and a few others. I mean, two different pages can't have the same exact name and I want to do it coerently. I am also too bored to rename all those horses of the first series. Laughing
Meanwhile, I updated the first series, moving the French Trotters from 1 to 2 and adding the new models.
You're doing a great job with it and now it is the perfect time considering you've finished your Funrise collection. Talking as an editor, it is much easier to find motivation to list Funrise horses than it is with KidKore. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 1:36 am

I understand, these are not as interesting from a breed perspective as Funrise for sure and they are not nearly as well organized by the company! I will not take it personally if they are not readily added to TAW, I will just keep compiling what I learn here as a resource - mainly for myself, so I don't forget. Laughing

We can worry about how to classify them later, when I have more of them, maybe. That might make it easier. Thank you for being willing to sift through my obsessive info collecting. Razz
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 2:35 pm

I am not depreciating your Kid Kore horses. Actually, I think they were far more popular among collectors than the Funrise. I have the impression the first series of Funrise sold very well but they're not often regarded as a collecting subject. I wished my English was better to explain these things. I mean, whilst Funrise horses sold very well among children, Kid Kore also were good sellers but they activated a stronger nostalgic feeling among adult collectors what helped to turn them into popular collectibles.
My post was just a personal observation as an editor because all Funrise horses have different identifications what turns them easy to list on TAW. As a collector I also like best the Funrise concept because they feature many unusual breeds. If I had more space and a fuller wallet, I would collect all different horse breeds as I do with wild animals. Especially figures around 1:18 scale like CollectA and similar brands.
Your obsessive info collecting is a huge bonus to the collecting community. You're not just doing it for yourself but sharing with other collectors who could be interested in finding information about these models even if they do it silently. This is also the reason why I list on TAW figures that are completely out of my collecting subject. So, I hope you continue with your obsession and more people like you are absolutely welcomed.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 11:31 pm

Oh no worries, I understand! :) I will certainly keep looking for information and sharing it, haha - always with the hope that someone else will come along who knows more as well!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 1:00 am

Okay so, what I have learned with these is that it's just going to be impossible to ever sort them correctly for TAW because I'd have to find every one of them in package at some point to confirm what set they belong to and what they are called. So, to make my life easier and to have all the information in one place, I just made them their own website. Laughing

It's just a very simple little free one without any frills that delineates all the information I have currently found, since as far as I can tell, that hasn't been done for these guys anywhere. I included everything I know and pictures both of the ones I have and the ones I have found online that I don't have. If anyone ever finds anything that isn't on this site, I would be thrilled to add it!!

As always, please excuse my bad photography. I still have terrible lighting and also terrible skills. Razz

Kid Kore Mini Horses
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 7:29 pm

Great job Jill! I like websites dedicated to small companies or series. I added a link to your website on TAW's Kid Kore page.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 5:52 pm

Oh nice, thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 6:15 pm

Great website, nicely made, well researched. I hadn't paid much attention to these horses, but now I see them on your website, I have to say they are very attractive.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 1:57 am

Thanks so much! They are not terribly realistic but I think they are really charming, and some of their colors are pretty nice, considering their make.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 8:23 pm

Yes, they don't need to be realistic to be good. I like their rounded shapes.

PostSubject: Re: Kid Kore tiny horses    Kid Kore tiny horses  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kid Kore tiny horses
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2