Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) Empty
PostSubject: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptySun May 09, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I open that topic because I'm quite curious about how figures from the brand "Animals of Australia" would fit with standard sized models from major brands especially, of course, Southlands Replicas. I know there are two main lines, I'm talking about the smaller one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would also like your opinion about the quality of these models, the paintjob, the finish ect...

I'm already quite decided about the numbat at least, I don't know about others.

Thanks, and I guess that topic will be useful to others too.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptySun May 09, 2021 8:58 pm

Well, maybe it would be easier first if we call the brand by its true name: Science & Nature.
The size can be very acceptable for you in many cases, but the quality is really much worst than Southland Replicas. Just put the S&N quoll alongside the Southlands quoll! (both are the same size I think).
From this brand I have only the wedge-tailed eagle (as I never liked the Southlands one despite being better in quality, because blunt tip of feathers and a snake in the talons). You can see it here and inhere the general quality of the models from it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(which I repainted and reshaped into a more accurate version)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptySun May 09, 2021 11:24 pm

I am not yet being able of taking pictures with my "new" camera. thus, just a poor picture to show a comparison size.
That's the Southlands Tasmanian devil and the small version of the Science and Nature model.
southlands are recent designs while S&N are older models. Also, S&N models were less than half the price of these Southlands.
Both brands use a dense material and there's no noticiable difference in this regard with the major brands.
Their designs are completely different. Even if both brands tried to replicate their figures as realistically as possible, it is evident S&N models couldn't avoid the toy design with round edges. Model is very simple, chubby without any delicate part.
Southlands, on the other hand, tries to put in plastic the realism we can find in resin models. These teeth are impressive, not even major brands can make them like this.
Painting is glossier than desired in this Southlands model but the painting is not as simplistic as the S&N figure. Maybe the most negative point of the Southlands figure is their seams, Despite all the effort, the joints could be better. I have more figures with me to compare, if I can manage this camera, I will try to remember to enrich this topic. Meanwhile, I hope other members can give their contribute.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyMon May 10, 2021 6:55 pm

Here are the quolls. I promise to try better pictures next. Laughing At least you can see their sizes.

Left S&N right SR

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyMon May 10, 2021 11:59 pm

Thanks for the pics !

I'm not really convinced for the moment, I think I will only get the numbat if someone has a picture of it (I hope it got a repaint and is not as on TAI Laughing )

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:06 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Thanks for the pics !

I'm not really convinced for the moment, I think I will only get the numbat if someone has a picture of it (I hope it got a repaint and is not as on TAI Laughing )

You're welcome. However, don't judge the quality through my pictures. You're not convinced about the Science and Nature, right? Which figure do you want me to use as comparison with the numbat?

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyTue May 11, 2021 12:12 am

Well, any southland will be good, I guess the quoll would be great !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyTue May 11, 2021 10:19 am

Here is the S&N Numbat with the Southlands Quoll.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyWed May 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Mmmm... thanks for the pic but I think I will pass on the whole brand and rather wait for SR to be reborn from ashes like a phoenix Laughing

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyWed May 12, 2021 2:34 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Mmmm... thanks for the pic but I think I will pass on the whole brand and rather wait for SR to be reborn from ashes like a phoenix Laughing

Did you want these to be similiar in quality when compared with Southlands? Laughing
These were much cheaper, however, I am not getting ride of a single S&N models. they were absolutely unique before the arrival of Southlands and when major brands only released kangaroos and koalas.
Maybe the best of the small mammals is the Eastern barred bandicoot. I can take a comparison picture if you wish.
If think the bilby is also a model that worth getting.

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyWed May 12, 2021 10:25 pm

Large models from SN are much better than smaller variants but some figures were not released in both scales. AFAIK SR is dead, they stopped work on the croc prototype so there will be no new SR animals Sad I like the SR later models, these are best of his kind - the eagle, roo, perentie, horses etc. but there were some not so good ones as well (dingo, thylacine). But the progress in quality was easily visible.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) EmptyFri May 14, 2021 11:56 pm

Here is a comparison picture of the Eastern barred Bandicoot from Science and Nature. This is the small version of a figure sculpted by the same artist that sculpts all Southlands Replicas.
Once more, just to check sizes, I still cannot take decent pictures. Sad Poor Southlands koala. lol:

PostSubject: Re: Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)   Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR) Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals of Australia size and QUALITY comparison with other brands (especially SR)
Page 1 of 1