Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23

Go down 
+26
rogerpgvg
Loon
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Joliezac
pipsxlch
75senta75
RtasVadumee
NandO
spacelab
Seeway
lucky luke
Caracal
costicuba
Shanti
Taos
Farm collector
George
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Jill
widukind
Pardofelis
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 Empty
PostSubject: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 6:45 pm

Hi, everyone! Smile
I've decided to open a new topic to show the new animals in my collection. The old one seemed irrelevant now, as my collection changed a lot over time, and the previous topic was updated sometime in 2018 Laughing I've sold or gave away many animals from my collection in the last 12 months. However, if it's better to merge it with the old topic I'm fine with that too, I would just need some help from any of our admins Smile

Here are the new models I got this year so far. In random order.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The two horses here are Orlov Trotter stallion Zvezdopad v.2 sculpted by Maria Ivonina, and Dutch Warmblood mare Eclair sculpted by Josine Vingerling. The trotter is around 1:20 scale, the warmblood would be around 1:30 or something in between.

A nice group of dogs and a cat from Papo. Huge thanks to Susanne for the Papo greyhound! I love you I'm so happy with them all but the greyhound is just wonderful! Very Happy

A small collection of Southlands Replicas models. I should have bought more probably, all their models are so good. I'm sorry about the blurred horses, I've noticed they are out of focus way too late.

Eofauna Mammoth. My first Eofauna model Very Happy I'm very impressed with the quality of this figure.

And this boy came back to me from a painter. Warthog sculpted by Feng Shan Lu of Mountain Animal studio, painted by Aleksander Freda (Dark Pegasus studio).

Last edited by Ana on Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:58 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 7:15 pm

Really beautiful models. The papo dogs are must haves, ut the others are just splendid! Congratulations.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 7:22 pm

Actually, the Southlands photo is my aesthetically favourite one and the blurred horses made it more lifelike!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 7:58 pm

Nice choice for new additions Anna. After a long time the first newcomers?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 8:57 pm

These are all stunning models, that warthog looks great! Also love the Orlov, are you going to paint those two?
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 9:07 pm

This mammoth is very interesting. congratulations. cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 10:30 pm

An additions topic- and what an amazing start, with all these beautiful models! cheers
Those horse models are stunning- definitely made by some very talented sculptors! Very Happy
Ohhh, but those gorgeous Papo dogs have to be the highlights here! You have picked some really excellent choices, hurray for Susanne with the Greyhound because this dog is fantastic! Papo have really captured its elegance and bone structure- I always love this model, because they have kept the delicate nature of this breed- it could have been easy to make it more solid given that it has been designed as a toy, but they have kept this beauty nice and 'Greyhoundy' Very Happy I have always loved the sculpt of their Australian Shepherd- it's a shame it isn't painted like the official picture because then it would be almost faultless! Ahh, and their lovely unusual Cassis Lapdog, I love this dog because it reminds me of the typical pet dog- more personal and as if it is based off a real dog (which I think it was!)- it has all the charm and love of an older dog! I love you And of course I just love that Collie- not only because I'm biased towards the breed, but because it has been so beautifully made, with so many rich colours in the coat- and such an intelligent face! Very Happy It's also quite unusual because they've kept the fur shorter than most collies- more like the original collie before they were show bred!
So many wonderful dogs!! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySat May 29, 2021 4:47 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Really beautiful models. The papo dogs are must haves,  ut the others are just splendid! Congratulations.
Thanks so much, Paige! Very Happy

Pardofelis wrote:
Actually, the Southlands photo is my aesthetically favourite one and the blurred horses made it more lifelike!

I'm glad you like this picture! Thank you! Very Happy

widukind wrote:
Nice choice for new additions Anna. After a long time the first newcomers?

I would say yes. Although I bought several resin horses last year. And the Kitan cats. But actually almost nothing from the toy brands.

Jill wrote:
These are all stunning models, that warthog looks great! Also love the Orlov, are you going to paint those two?

Yes, at some point! Probably the warmblood first, as I wanted to paint dapple grey on the trotter, and those times this color feels like too big of a challenge to me.

landrover wrote:

This mammoth  is very interesting. congratulations. cheers

I agree it's interesting and I really like it! cheers

Bonnie wrote:
An additions topic- and what an amazing start, with all these beautiful models! cheers
Those horse models are stunning- definitely made by some very talented sculptors! Very Happy
Ohhh, but those gorgeous Papo dogs have to be the highlights here! You have picked some really excellent choices, hurray for Susanne with the Greyhound because this dog is fantastic! Papo have really captured its elegance and bone structure- I always love this model, because they have kept the delicate nature of this breed- it could have been easy to make it more solid given that it has been designed as a toy, but they have kept this beauty nice and 'Greyhoundy' Very Happy I have always loved the sculpt of their Australian Shepherd- it's a shame it isn't painted like the official picture because then it would be almost faultless! Ahh, and their lovely unusual Cassis Lapdog, I love this dog because it reminds me of the typical pet dog- more personal and as if it is based off a real dog (which I think it was!)- it has all the charm and love of an older dog! I love you And of course I just love that Collie- not only because I'm biased towards the breed, but because it has been so beautifully made, with so many rich colours in the coat- and such an intelligent face! Very Happy It's also quite unusual because they've kept the fur shorter than most collies- more like the original collie before they were show bred!
So many wonderful dogs!! sunny

Thanks so much, Bonnie Very Happy I knew you would comment about the dogs cheers Thank you! I agree about the Australian shepherd, the paintwork looked better in the catalog. It's a lovely model nevertheless Smile

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySat May 29, 2021 11:47 pm

I am so glad you opened an additions topic. It is fine opening one per year to avoid that they get too long. These topics are good to keep the forum running during these less active months. I am taking too long to open mine and I also have an Eofauna to show. Sleep This is a top quality brand and your picture shows it perfectly. All other models are wonderful, I love the geommetry of your warthog, the sculptor was not influenced for wild boars as it happens with some warthog models.
Oh, and of course your Southlands, even if horses are made at a smaller scale, they look quite natural together with the other models. One of these horses is also among my arrivals. Laughing
I think you're not too much into Schleich hthese days but I think you should consider the Sorraia, it is a Portuguese breed and a very interesting model.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySun May 30, 2021 12:52 am

Ana wrote:

Jill wrote:

Yes, at some point! Probably the warmblood first, as I wanted to paint dapple grey on the trotter, and those times this color feels like too big of a challenge to me.
That will be beautiful, but I can understand how it would feel daunting. I've tried to paint dapple gray on a 2-dimensional surface, and that was difficult enough! But I get the impression after seeing your bison that this stallion will come out amazing someday.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySun May 30, 2021 2:36 pm

Thank you, Roger, and Jill! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I've recently started a dapple grey on a different model but maybe it's not the right time, it just isn't going very well. I've painted a few in the past, but probably I have to be in the right mood for it bom

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thank you for your kind comment! I'll be looking forward to seeing your additions topic Very Happy You have got some new Eofaunas, that's awesome! cheers

About the Schleich Sorraia, well, I do have one Sorraia horse in my collection, it's a resin by Sarah Minkiewicz (Dartanian). And I hope to sculpt one in the future too as it's one of my favorite breeds. I have seen Schleich's version but it doesn't look convincing to me in terms of proportions, and overall feeling. But I admit it is one of their nicer recent horses! And it's a really good breed choice from their side, however, I don't know why they called it "Sorraia mustang". I haven't heard anyone else using this name for this breed before, have you?

I have stopped with collecting Schleich horses altogether. The only one that is a 100% keeper (in my collection) is the good old Przewalski Very Happy I have a few of the older models from this company too, they stayed at my parent's house and I'm still not sure if I sell them all or maybe keep a couple of them.

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySun May 30, 2021 5:50 pm

Dappled grey is the colour to hide from and delay starting, it's taken me a good fifteen years to get to a point where I'm genuinely happy with the results rather than just 'well that's not too bad', and I still have to be feeling in a really brave mood, in the midst of all other colours going very well, to dare try it Laughing

Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySun May 30, 2021 10:19 pm

Rely wonderful models I love you I,m lucky enough to owe some of them cheers  Congratulations with your new figurines, they are just lovely I love you

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 11:17 am

George wrote:
Dappled grey is the colour to hide from and delay starting, it's taken me a good fifteen years to get to a point where I'm genuinely happy with the results rather than just 'well that's not too bad', and I still have to be feeling in a really brave mood, in the midst of all other colours going very well, to dare try it Laughing

I agree! And I feel similarly about roans, and appaloosas too Razz

Farm collector wrote:
Rely wonderful models I love you I,m lucky enough to owe some of them cheers  Congratulations with your new figurines, they are just lovely I love you

Thanks so much! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 6:36 pm

Lovely additions,congrats!!

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Wow, wonderful additions!!
Which brand is the collie (2nd from the right) please?
The resins are very pretty and I like the Southlands a lot too!!
The warthog is great!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Thank you both so much Taos, and Shanti! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] all the dogs are from Papo Smile I'm thinking about remaking this Collie into Sheltie in a 1/9 scale Very Happy I think this model is still available (not retired).

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 2:35 pm

Ana wrote:
Thank you both so much Taos, and Shanti! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] all the dogs are from Papo Smile I'm thinking about remaking this Collie into Sheltie in a 1/9 scale Very Happy I think this model is still available (not retired).
What an exciting idea- a Sheltie! cheers sunny We definitely need more models of this fantastic little breed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 3:52 pm

Thank you Ana! Found that Collie! On your photo it looks way better than in the shop! Wink
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 3:43 am

All models are really wonderful Anna, congratulations :)
The Warthog look`s really beautiful.
Both horses are sculpted really nice.
I love Papo dogs and cats , and you have some of the best ones. Hurray for Susanne,  for the Papo greyhound  cheers My favorite is the Cassis Lapdog. It is such a sweet model.
And congratulations for your first Eofauna model. It is also the first one they made.
I really love this brand. Every model they did is amazing.
And.... finaly you have the Southlands Replicas horses ... sculpted by you  Laughing  cheers
All Southlands Replicas model you choose to have are really nice :)

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Very Happy only beautiful pieces!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 11:57 am

Thank you so much for the nice comments Kosta, and Caracal! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 2:46 pm

cheers Applause Applause Very Happy queen
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 8:06 am

The south replica models look good, but in comparison, the platypus seems very tiny, or it's getting smaller in the background? Anna.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Seeway wrote:
The south replica models look good, but in comparison, the platypus seems very tiny, or it's getting smaller in the background? Anna.
The platypus is really small, all Southlands Replicas models except for the horses are 1/16 scale. It means that platypus is in perfect size compared to wombat for example Very Happy

Newcomers in my collection from this Spring and Summer.
A few days ago I've received a package from Mojo fun :) If you wish to see a walk around of any of the models, please, let me know.

With the samples of the models, I sculpted for this company in the past...

...and a few extras, 2021 news

I also bought these two resin models sculpted by my friend L. Peretz of Canyon Spring Studio. A draft mare with a foal called Cider and Fritz. I've shortened the feathers on the mare's legs so that now it will represent a Suffolk Punch, I'll be painting it chestnut (they are now in primer only). Both models are in 1/32 scale known as stablemates size.

Some pictures of the individual models. Donkeys and zebras

Foals:

The new gorillas (2021 news)

Other 2021 newcomers:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23   Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcomers in Ana's collection, updated 15.06.23
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next