Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

S.H. toys: who knows about them?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

S.H. toys: who knows about them? Empty
PostSubject: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
S.H.Brontosaurus

S.H. Stegosaurus

Hi!
Last Sunday, I went to the flea market. Not only I found the 1999 Toy Major Styracosaurus (which is now on TAW), but I also found this mysterious couple. They are marked "S.H. China". They look kind of vintage, Imperial-like. Does anyone know what exactly is S.H.? This company is not on TAW, at least not under "S.H.".Who can tell me about this mysterious manufacturer?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 10:16 pm

We don't have any confirmation yet but we suspect S.H. stands for Shing hing.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 10:39 pm

Roger wrote:

Or Shing Hung? My dinosaurs are made in the same principle as Toy Major dinosaurs, meaning two hollow pieces glued together (front half glued to rear half), the separation mark being right passed the arm pits. The animals I see in the Shing Hing page are made in one piece, front and rear without any sperataion mark... Do you think the company could have made its animals using two distinctive principles, one for the current animals (front and rear in one piece) and one for dinosaurs (front and rear made separately then glued together)?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 11:22 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Or Shing Hung? My dinosaurs are made in the same principle as Toy Major dinosaurs, meaning two hollow pieces glued together (front half glued to rear half), the separation mark being right passed the arm pits. The animals I see in the Shing Hing page are made in one piece, front and rear without any sperataion mark... Do you think the company could have made its animals using two distinctive principles, one for the current animals (front and rear in one piece) and one for dinosaurs (front and rear made separately then glued together)?

That's an interesting observation and Shing Hung is also a possibility, though, I know Shing Hung also produces hollow models in two halves. Their current lines are differents because they redesigned all their range when they created the brand Wenno.
In this link you can see a triceratops being sold as Shing Hing and it is also with a seam far back in its body. There's a picture from the bottom part but I can't read anything.
With dinosaurs, it is easier to find information but apparently our friends from the Dinotoyforum also don't know what S.H. means once they just call them as S.H.
Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] knows something about it. scratch

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:14 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

That's an interesting observation and Shing Hung is also a possibility, though, I know Shing Hung also produces hollow models in two halves. Their current lines are differents because they redesigned all their range when they created the brand Wenno.
In this link you can see a triceratops being sold as Shing Hing and it is also with a seam far back in its body. There's a picture from the bottom part but I can't read anything.
With dinosaurs, it is easier to find information but apparently our friends from the Dinotoyforum also don't know what S.H. means once they just call them as S.H.
Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] knows something about it. scratch

This Triceratops sur looks a lot like my two SH dinosaurs: wrinkled skin, body made with two halfes glued together, eyes of a bright color with tiny pupils... It is a shame I cannot buy it, not being shipped to Canada... maybe I will find it someday in a yard sale or so.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 9:59 pm

And here are the S.H. Velociraptor and the S.H. Tyrannosaurus I found last Sunday.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 8:58 pm

There's also a set of 8 pterosaurs marked S.H. They seem like they'd be about the same level of quality.

This is a photo of 4 of them:

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 9:26 pm

sbell wrote:
There's also a set of 8 pterosaurs marked S.H. They seem like they'd be about the same level of quality.

Do you think it's the same S.H. company?
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 11:10 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:

Might be. They were found in Canada, many years back. Are the dinosaurs marked?

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 12:28 am

sbell wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:

Might be. They were found in Canada, many years back. Are the dinosaurs marked?

S.H. Made in China. With the name of the species on each figure.
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2021 11:31 pm

Hello,
see here more about S.H.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 10:00 pm

Babdo wrote:
Hello,
see here more about S.H.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Benno.

The style of those figures, being both hollow and made with two parts each like my dinos, is indeed very alike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S.H. toys: who knows about them?   S.H. toys: who knows about them? Empty

Back to top Go down

S.H. toys: who knows about them?
Page 1 of 1