Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help with some critters!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Markus

Country/State : Norway

Help with some critters! Empty
PostSubject: Help with some critters!   Help with some critters! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Dear all! I recently found this set of crabs (don't ask whose posts had made me be interested in crustaceans...)

I know the big fiddler is Yujin, and I suspect the other fiddler is Kaiyodo/Toba. First of all, I don't know what is Toba. Is it a different brand? Or a series within Kaiyodo? Is there anyway where I can check this crab set? I suspect the shrimp and coconut crab are from the same set.

Apart from that, do you know what species the small fiddler is?

Many thanks!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Help with some critters!   Help with some critters! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 3:06 pm

I know other members can help you better identifying these figures.
However, Toba is not a brand, Those are series of a Japanese public Aquarium located in Toba.
The Aquarium released a few series under different Japanese manufacturers.
Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can be of help.

PostSubject: Re: Help with some critters!   Help with some critters! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 7:22 pm

Thanks Roger.
I spotted the fiddler, that is Yujin and from the same set as the leatherback I already asked for!
Do you think Uca borealis can fit?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Help with some critters!   Help with some critters! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 7:37 pm

I don't know the species or manufacturers, but like the models very much Wink

Markus

PostSubject: Re: Help with some critters!   Help with some critters! EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 12:25 am

Thanks all.

I think I already have it:

- The shrimp is a mexican dwarf crayfish from Banjihan ACE, according to Blaine [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
- The coconut crab is Kaiyodo, don't know the series.
- The blue is a Yujin tetragonal fiddler crab.
- The other one seem to be from Yujin Toba Aquarium series, but still don't know the species... Shall this topic be transferred to the species identification section? My guesses for the time being is a Uca pugilator. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Help with some critters!   Help with some critters! EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 11:45 am

Markus wrote:
Thanks all.

I think I already have it:

- The shrimp is a mexican dwarf crayfish from Banjihan ACE, according to Blaine [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
- The coconut crab is Kaiyodo, don't know the series.
- The blue is a Yujin tetragonal fiddler crab.
- The other one seem to be from Yujin Toba Aquarium series, but still don't know the species... Shall this topic be transferred to the species identification section? My guesses for the time being is a Uca pugilator. What do you think?

Yes, Blaine is the person who can help you better regarding the identificatiion of these species. However, you already identified a few ones, namely the Tetragonal fiddler crab.
I can move this topic if you wish.

PostSubject: Re: Help with some critters!   Help with some critters! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with some critters!
Page 1 of 1