Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
+2
pipsxlch
Jill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 3:25 am

Two questions:

1) CAN I change the picture on the left there? (And if so, how? I can't seem to find it)

and 2) SHOULD I? Or is there any unspoken agreements about keeping our "faces" recognizable and not confusing by changing them.

I only ask because I want to change mine to this if possible. lol! But if it's not, then I'll stay with my little horse, which I also love very much! (His name is James!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 4:00 am

1. Taylor (Taos) here changes his regularly, so you can. But how... beats me. Total technoidiot here though.

2. It's totally up to you! I don't think there are any rules, written or otherwise. Many people don't change them, whether by choice/identification with the image, or not feeling moved to I don't know. And it can be easy to tell the respondents to a thread by the a quick glance at images, but I don't think anyone would be ruffled by anyone changing images. I think at least a few enjoy Taylor's changing avatars.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 4:18 am

Oh, thanks! I'll keep fiddling then and see if I can sort it. :)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 5:10 am

I just looked, maybe this is how... if you click on the 'Profile' link under the banner, it will take you to your personal information. There will be a link across the top 'Avatars'. I looked at that page, there's a box you can click to delete your current image, then you can set up another the same way you did the current one. I think.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 5:12 am

Ah, thank you!! Yes, it was the little buttons on the top I was somehow missing completely.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 5:24 am

Success, thank you, ha! I think that face encapsulates my collection pretty well.

Though I did immediately get confused by my own new picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 9:42 am

Anyway Jill,, I like ur current avatar..
Its unique 😁

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 10:39 am

I am glad Kelly already helped you to manage it.
Changing or not avatar is completely up to each member.
I use my avatar for 10 years, perhaps. Avatars help the identification of each user and I think they also help us finding each user post in a more efficient way.
Avatars also contribute to develope our identity. We have several examples on forum but maybe our Crazy French Macaque is the most iconic. Though, it is not a problem if a member wants to change the avatar constantly, it is also fun and that's one of the reasons why this tool is available.
What we really do not promote is the change of the username for obvious reasons. We have a section for trades and sales and it could be used unfaithfully or at least result confuse.
Though, it can be requested to an Admin as long as it is supposed to be a definitive change and not as a routine.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 11:32 am

I love your new avatar- so funny! lol!
And of course as it is a dog it makes it doubly wonderful! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 1:58 pm

Me too ! What a wonderful and funny dog cheers
May we see more pictures of him, please ?

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 5:44 pm

Thanks guys! Glad you like it! :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks for the clarification! I won't change my username. My mother gave it to me. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] absolutely! He is the Marx Blue Ribbon boxer, and his name is Goblin. Here he is with his more composed brother. He is easily one of my favorite purchases. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 12:58 am

Jill wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks for the clarification! I won't change my username. My mother gave it to me. Wink

Laughing Short names are the best. flower
Are you sure your dog is the Blue Ribbon version? Did you already know it or have you found it through TAW? It is a very funny dog. Very Happy

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 1:48 am

To be honest, I am not positive! I have a thread on the Marx board in hope that if anyone knows for sure, they can clarify, but from what I've seen, there is a great deal of variation on how the Blue Ribbon Dogs are painted (but that's just from Google searches and what is on TAW). His red mouth and his buggy eyes do match some of the others I have as well, so for now, I am assuming these are just two variants of the same - perhaps one released in the set and another individually? I have no idea, haha.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 11:50 am

Jill wrote:
To be honest, I am not positive! I have a thread on the Marx board in hope that if anyone knows for sure, they can clarify, but from what I've seen, there is a great deal of variation on how the Blue Ribbon Dogs are painted (but that's just from Google searches and what is on TAW). His red mouth and his buggy eyes do match some of the others I have as well, so for now, I am assuming these are just two variants of the same - perhaps one released in the set and another individually? I have no idea, haha.

Laughing I also don't know either. Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the best person to clarify it but I think all of them are variations under the same subject. I will take a look at your Marx topic once I missed it. :sleeep:

PostSubject: Re: Avatar pictures   Avatar pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1