Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seeing Double

Go down 
+5
George
Jill
Roger
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Seeing Double - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jul 2021 - 19:48

I was to ask you something about your covid vax but I forgot. scratch scratch
I knew you would present a pair of wolves and rats were my ffavorite animals when I was a kid. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jul 2021 - 1:44

Thank you Bonnie and Roger!

My vaccine went well. It was Pfizer and the only side effects I had were that I slept for 3 days solid and the lymphnode in my arm on that side of the shot swelled up and was uncomfortable for 10 days. Besides that it all went smoothly.

Thanks again friends!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jul 2021 - 1:48

Nice to see a rat get some love. That IS a cute model, I love the curl in his tail! And that's a good looking old wolf, just a bit grizzled. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jul 2021 - 11:26

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Bonnie and Roger!

My vaccine went well. It was Pfizer and the only side effects I had were that I slept for 3 days solid and the lymphnode in my arm on that side of the shot swelled up and was uncomfortable for 10 days. Besides that it all went smoothly.

Thanks again friends!

I think those are among the expected side effects to the vaccine but 3 days sleeping is a lot. Sleep However, the important is that everything is fine now.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Jul 2021 - 6:08

Thanks for checking in though Roger! I just hope this "Mess" can get cleared up soon, if you get what I mean. And thanks too Jill!

Most of my childhood doubles were farm animals so now, we move to a small goat. One of the big gems of Old Schleich days, my baby boer goat broke a horn and the tip of one ear. So when I came across another (fairly scuffed itself...) I kept him since they are so hard and expensive to find!
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210715_202932

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Jul 2021 - 10:02

A wonderful pair of goats, you also seem to have found slight variations as the one furthest from the camera seems to have a darker brown head! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Jul 2021 - 12:31

Ah, I have one of these too.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Jul 2021 - 23:37

Thank you very much! Yes Bonnie I noticed, my original goat kid's white blaze is a little different too, in addition the the newer one being darker brown. :)

Again, these bulls share a similar story to the Fleckvieh pair. (Probably) Because they are mostly black, the scuffs are more noticeable and one barely looks older than the other. But again, ooooold friends of mine. :)
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210718-152753

And then here is one of my very cherished old horses! I loved him a LOT as you can tell, some his painted patches are nearly gone... I found his doppleganger last year at a thrift store and I was amazed he looked so good for his age! I cherish both of these and have many fond memories of tacking him up for outdoor "rides" and adventures in my play farm days (you can see him in my barn restoration topic).
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210718-152812

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jul 2021 - 9:34

More wonderful old friends, that horse especially looks so loved! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Jul 2021 - 14:59

Aw, the wear on that goat really gave him a lot of texture and personality! That Bull model is great, he looks so solid and stoic. And you can definitely tell that horse has been on many adventures. :) Amazing how you’ve been able to find “upgrades” for so many old friends!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jul 2021 - 6:30

Thanks Bonnie and Jill! The Forum has been a great place to make new online friends and find "upgrades" for my collections.

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 3:53

I love the old friends- they show they've been the apex of any toy, a child's beloved companion.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 10:13

Lovely doubles Very Happy
I completely agree about the eagles. They have always been making me feel good when looking at tham drunken
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Seeing Double - Page 2 20210706-200246

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 23:23

Late reply again! Thanks Kelly and Susanne! 

Next up is a group of wolves with a looooong history. My older brother got the oldest wolf, the one with a broken ear, and played with her for many years before passing her on to me. I have since collected a few various paint versions but none of them have quite matched her coat. But honestly, she has been a family friend for at least 20 years!
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210727-151349

And then this one, the old Schleich silver tabby. The oldest, on the right, I got when I was really young. When I was a young teenager it somehow got lost... I couldn't find it anywhere! I luckily found it and another old Schleich cat several years after at a garage sale when I was about 16/17. Shortly after this we then we decided to pull out the oven and clean under it... boom! There was my old kitty, only a little more scuffed than before. I bet she kept our house, or at least under the stove, free of vermin until I found her again. Wink
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210727-151423

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Jul 2021 - 11:11

Wow, that wolf is definitely a family treasure! Very Happy That unique coat colour makes him even more special too! sunny
Those cats are lovely as well, I'm so glad you managed to find your original friend after all those years! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Jul 2021 - 6:16

Thanks Bonnie. :)

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptySun 1 Aug 2021 - 19:19

Wow, breaking the ear off that wolf took a lot of love. Laughing That's a really great "heirloom" - it's neat that your brother seems to have entrusted many of his childhood friends to you! The paint variations are really cool. Mine looks the most like your second iteration, but I like those grayer ones.

The cat story is amazing, ha! So glad he was found after all that time! I used to dream that my lost toys as a kid would be miraculously under something when we moved it like that, and here is a real life wish fulfillment! Wink
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptySun 1 Aug 2021 - 22:16

Amazing that you found the cat after so many years, it must be even more special to have it. I agree, the wolf without ear has a specially pleasing coat.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Aug 2021 - 3:17

Thank you Jill and Roger! It was indeed a lucky find to rediscover the cat. My favorite of the wolf patterns I have is the oldest broken one as well, I hope maybe someday to find a closer example to "replace" it.

This model is the Safari Clydesdale. When I reordered it I discovered that the figure was remodeled from a gelding into a mare, and led to a small discovery and education on the production history of the figure. 
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210730-155508

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Aug 2021 - 10:51

These are lovely horses, and again three slight variations! cheers I love the clean smooth feel of the central model but all of them are wonderful and the sculpts show perfectly the muscle structure on this type of horse! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Aug 2021 - 18:52

Thank you Bonnie. :)

This is another friend, sadly her offside foot got nibbled by a dog at some point. I recently got a replacement all the way from Germany!
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210804-092129

And then this is the compatriot to my other old favorite wolf. My older friend isn't too scuffed, but the newer model has retained certain features better like the glossy nose.
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210804-092149

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Aug 2021 - 11:28

A wonderful pair of wolves and gorgeous pair of geese! cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Aug 2021 - 17:40

Thanks Bonnie. Another pair! The old Rodeo bull and Leopard. The bull I have had since its release and recently found a near mint model at thrift. The leopard was one if the first models I traded for when joining here, and again recently traded for another in better condition.
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210810-091651

Seeing Double - Page 2 20210810-091659

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Aug 2021 - 12:55

That must have been a wonderful thrift find! cheers I love those leopards too, and how special that one was one the first model you traded for on here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2021 - 6:14

I love seeing all the comparisons between old and new, it really shows off just how unique each model is too! You have a lovely collection Paige, can’t wait to see more!

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeing Double
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next