Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? Empty
PostSubject: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 11:45 am

I came across this beautiful model on Amazon UK, but was surprised to see that it was called 'Maia & Borges Husky', because it looked completely different to the husky I know from this brand! Shocked  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I thought that perhaps it was another unknown model from this series, but after doing some more research I found that it used the same mould as the Bullyland Alaskan Malamute, but still seems to be painted slightly differently and called Husky scratch?
 https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Bullyland_65417_Alaskan_Malamute_Arek
It's a shame we can't find out what the figure is marked with, that might give more clues! I would love to know if anyone knows more about this, and whether it would be worth buying this Maia and Borges version or not, depending on whether he is from a different series to the Bullyland Malamute (And therefore different enough to be called a 'variation') or not! sunny
Thank you so much! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 12:59 pm

That's truly intriguing and very well observed.
What's the chance of someone listing a Bullyland figure as being a Maia & Borges model? It is not expectable at all but getting it just to check is always a risk.
The Maia & Borges Husky we know is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and this model you've found is being sold with the same product number. I am also curious about it and maybe Susanne can help us. scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 4:05 pm

Isn't it this one ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The M& B look like this :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have not heard that M&B use Bully mould, and it is not a new model, so it can't be a new deal, I think Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 6:21 pm

I definitely agree Roger, it's so confusing and I'd love to know more! scratch study
Thank you so much for the photos Susanne, yes, it is that Bullyland malamute! Very Happy It's such a mystery, maybe they did use the same mould but changed it to be marked 'Husky'!
If I do end up buying this dog I'll post it here and with information on what it's marked with! bounce
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 6:36 pm

A strage thing. Maybe they confused the photos if they sell both products? That looks like the Bully Malamute for sure though so...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 pm

I also tend to think it is the Bullyland model in that picture and they made some confusion.. Though, the measurement provided, 10 cm, is the same I've found for Bullyland model, I doubt M&B is also 10 cm.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 9:49 pm

Bonnie, - there is a link "Report incorrect product information".
Perhaps you ( or I, if you won't do it ) could "report" that is seems to be a Bully model ?
It seems to be the only way to contact the seller, or is it just me, because I mainly only buy e-books on Amazon ?

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 10:35 pm

Nice dog figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 10:58 pm

Thanks Andreas! cheers
Yes, I think that sounds the most likely reason too, it was probably a mistake!
That's a good idea Susanne, I'll do that straight away! Very Happy It seems that it is being sold by Gascher's through Amazon, so maybe I'll contact Gascher's and ask them to check! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Ann! Gascher's !
I am sure it is a mistake then Very Happy

It is exiting to learn what they say bounce

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 11:41 am

I have just heard back from Gascher's and yes it was a mistake! Very Happy
They are actually selling the Maia & Borges figure but the Amazon photo incorrectly shows the Bullyland model, but Gascher's said that they unfortunately cannot influence the Amazon photo.
But mystery solved and thank you to everyone for your help! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 12:17 pm

Thanks for solving the mistery, Bonnie!

It is weird that they cannot fix it.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Mystery solved cheers Applause Applause Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?   bullyland - Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute? Empty

Back to top Go down

Maia & Borges Husky or Bullyland Alaskan Malamute?
Page 1 of 1