Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden?

Go down 
+5
ethomas
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
Bonnie
Roger
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

whale - AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden?   whale - AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 11:15 am

That's really interesting, thanks for extra pictures and information. I remember taking a long time to sort these AAA orcas on TAW and differences are so subtle that it is hard to tell each one. Are yours already listed on that page? Could you check please. Very Happy

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

whale - AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden?   whale - AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 10:15 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Bonnie, I think they are from two different generations of models but it is hard to be sure.
Meanwhile I updated the first post once the large silly orca, 23 cm model, was sold by Schleich in their Frendserie collection during the first half of the 1990's decade. Though, it brought another figure to the party. It seems there was also a model of another orca in that series with the number 16064 or 16024, it looks like a calf of the silly orca !!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Picture is not mine and credits go to the seller.

I have this figure, the sculpt is almost the same as the large silly orca (but looks even more silly!) and interestingly, it is marked Maia & Borges! I know AAA had connections with a lot of other brands but didn't know M&B was one of them. Or maybe the sculpts are just based on the AAA ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you would like close-up images of the orca (or the other two) let me know.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden?   whale - AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 10:47 am

I am a little lost on this and I'm surprised the calf is a Maia & Borges model. As far as I know there's no direct connection of M&B and AAA but both brands cooperated with Schleich and maybe AAA produced the adult while M&B produced the calf. Really hard to know.
If you have pictures of AAA orcas missing in this page I would love to add them on TAW. Very Happy

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: A 19-inch killer whale figure seen on ebay   whale - AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 4:11 pm

Dear Roger and others:

Hi guys, hey aa while back, when I was looking around on ebay (just for fun of course), I stumbled on a listing which said: AAA killer whale 19". I suppose the 19" meant 19 inches. Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you aabout this, because this topic is about AAA killer whales in general. Sometimes, I look around on ebay, just to take notes for my collection. It's sort of relaxing. I guess you could say it's aa form of sorting, like sorting figures or legos. Sometimes when I tell a story with my figures, what I'm really doing is sorting through them. Does any of this make sense? I hope it does. Also, I haven't gotten any AAA figures lately, but maybe I should get back to that. Anyway, this is all the information I have for now, so I'll post again if I find out more.

Aschuck

P.S. Has anyone else seen this 19-inch killer whale figure?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden?   whale - AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 10:07 am

Yes Anna, there is a 19 inches long killer whale. Thanks for letting us know.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden?   whale - AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Killer Whales, How many are they and which secrets are hidden?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2