Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Planet Errors?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Animal Planet Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Animal Planet Errors?   Animal Planet Errors? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 1:06 am

I just discovered that my Animal Planet Clownfish figure has an error. Apparently, some of its left side has a weird smooth surface. Does anyone else have this? Is this normal? I cannot tell from the photo on TAI, which doesn’t show this side.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, I have another supposed error on another Animal Planet branded figure. It is a shark that is apparently from a Sea Life tube. It is stamped and painted like the so-called “Tiger Shark” from that set, but it is closer in shape to the normal
“Bull Shark” from the set. Could this be a “Bull Shark” mold stamped and painted as a “Bull Shark”? Could this be the animal-figure equivalent of a hybrid “mule” coin?! The dents on the figure could support the hypothesis of a misstamped item. What do you think? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Animal Planet Errors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Planet Errors?   Animal Planet Errors? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 8:47 pm

Well, I think the "mistake" shark is not a bullshark, but a piece that has been unmolded too early (while it was still hot).
Back to top Go down

Animal Planet Errors?
Page 1 of 1