Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created Empty
PostSubject: Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created   Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Dear Sts Friends:

Hi Guys. Hey, just so you all know I have Synaesthesia, which basically means that certain sounds and music and other stuff can have pictures in my head. Now granted synaesthesia is different for everyone, but in this topic, I'll share a few more interesting aspects, which are actually really cool. Also, question, does anyone else have what I have, this gift of being able to "see" music and sounds? Just wondering. Anyway, it all started when I was a kid, and I would picture musical notes in my head as having colors attached to them. When I was twelve, everything about music seemed to click into place. Back then, I didn't know what was going on, only that I was having a really rough time. Yeah, that was my childhood, a sort of hell that I had to get through. Anyway, even now, I can still see music and sounds, but the pictures of all of that have become more blurred as time goes on. Anyway, you're probably wondering how this all fits together. Well, I can tell you that having a very active imagination can be very useful when creating fictional creatures. Did you know that sometimes, I've seen or rather touched figures in my dreams that don't actually exist in PVC yet? Now is that cool or what? Well, that sort of thing has happened a few times. Sometimes, I can see pictures of fictional creatures floaating in front of my face, as if they're just, well, floating there, as if to say, "Hey, come write about me." Of course, I've created so many fictional creatures, that sometimes it's hard to keep track of who's who. Now that's complicated, but you know, there's a lot of things you can do, if you set your mind to it. Anyway, for anyone who's creative like me, here's some advice, whatever you see in your dreams that doesn't exist in real life, don't be afraid of it. If the dream is a nightmare, you'll know. If the dream is good, then write about it, and see if you can start your own document of fictional creatures, like I've done. Either way, don't stop creating.

Aschuck

Does anyone else besides me have autism on this forum? Just wondering.

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created   Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 11:19 pm

Sometimes I dream about buying figures and then get disappointed when the nap is over and I don't actually have them.
From time to time it's figures that even exist in reality that I just haven't bought at the time.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created   Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 11:32 am

I have dreamt about figures that don't exist or I don't have.

I was told I was suspected to be on the Aspergers spectrum when I was younger- my mother said the psychologist was full of it (the school made her take me because of depression) and never took me back.

I used to be very imaginative and artistic/creative, and it made the world more bearable. But as I've gotten older and had to force myself into the world's mold- my family hasn't money, I work (and have to make myself acceptable to workplaces) all I can or I haven't a place to live or food- my imagination has faded and my creativity is all but dead. Maybe someday it can/will return a little.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created   Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 11:48 am

I personally do not have autism but I have a nephew who does. He is 3 and it has been really neat to see him grow and learn as you can already tell he is super smart, he just has his own diosynchronies. 

Anyway, I also have dreamt once in a while of models that exist and don't (wish they did). But it is not a common occurence for me. I wish it happened more frequently, those dreams are fun to think on afterwards.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created   Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 12:43 pm

I also dream about models, always dog figures and usually ones that I don't yet have- some are so realistic that it is really frustrating waking up and realising that it was only a dream and I don't actually own the models! Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created   Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created Empty

Back to top Go down

Collections and Synaesthesia: how fictional creatures do sometimes get created
Page 1 of 1