Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bullyland Dog Variations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

bullyland - Bullyland Dog Variations Empty
PostSubject: Bullyland Dog Variations   bullyland - Bullyland Dog Variations EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 11:24 am

I know that Bullyland have many variations, and I'm sure this also is the same for their dogs! Very Happy  And so I thought I would start a topic after receiving a couple of mystery pups, that seem to be marked/ painted differently to see if anyone has any more information about them! And I'll post here if I ever find other mystery variations! And of course if anyone else has any mystery Bullyland dog variations I would love to see them here! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First up is this really interesting variation of Bill the Jack Russell, who usually looks like this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and as you can see there is an amazing yellow version I am still trying to find out about! Shocked
But recently I bought a bundle, because I saw this terrier- a black and white version with a yellow collar!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I would love to know if anyone knows more about him/ what your Bullyland jack russells are marked with to see if it's different! Very Happy This one just says 'Bullyland, made in Germany'.
And then the puppies with the blue tray, the first one was found by my sister ages ago in a cow field! Shocked  And this one is marked 'Bullyland, made in Germany, handpainted' and doesn't have the darker brown or white, and is just a beige colour all over.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]upload image online
And this one is the same as the one on TAW, brown and white rather than beige (it may not be clear from the photos) but marked '1983, Bully, W. Germany' scratch I wonder which one came earlier and why they are marked differently, maybe Bullyland used to be called Bully? I would love to know what anyone else's puppies are marked with! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Dog Variations   bullyland - Bullyland Dog Variations EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 11:44 am

This is clearly a topic where members like Susanne or Yvette can help you better.
I only can tell about the markings. At the end of 1989, we witnessed the fall of the Berlin wall, I think the most important event of the last 50 years only surpassed by the 11th September of 2001. I see you were not born in any of them but I am sure it is something you have to study about at school.
Before the fall of the Berlin wall, Germany was divided in two different countries, simplifying, West Germany and East Germany. Our toys tell this story because the figures produced in Germany before 1990 were marked W. Germany. You can find it through the old JeanHoefler models to Schleich or Bullyland. Since 1990 Germany was reunited and W. Germany turned useless. So, if you find them marked Made in Germany or just Germany, it means they're post-1990 releases.
Isn't it cool our toys are pieces of world history?

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Dog Variations   bullyland - Bullyland Dog Variations EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:57 pm

The fall of the Berlin Wall is the first historical event I can remember happening. We hadn't been taught about it at school beforehand, so I remember seeing the coverage on the news and being interested in finding out the history and significance of smashing a wall, and so pleased for all the people who lived there once I understood what it meant.

Bullyland was known as Bully to start with, if I remember rightly they were named after the founder's pet bulldog?

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Dog Variations   bullyland - Bullyland Dog Variations EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 4:36 pm

Oh wow, that's really interesting, thank you Roger and George! study
And coincidentally we have just finished learning about the fall of the Berlin wall at school, I don't think I will ever forget the details now that I have some plastic dogs to always remind me- perfect for revision! cheers And now I know that the West Germany model was the older of the two, I'm guessing then that once they changed their name from Bully to Bullyland (Thank you George!) they also changed it from West Germany to just Germany! And yes I think it was named after their French bulldog! Very Happy
Really interesting, thank you both again! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland Dog Variations   bullyland - Bullyland Dog Variations Empty

Back to top Go down

Bullyland Dog Variations
Page 1 of 1