Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou

Go down 
+8
pipsxlch
Bonnie
costicuba
rogerpgvg
widukind
George
spacelab
Kikimalou
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 8:35 am

I know little about the Friedel brand, really little. scratch
It is a German brand, probably Bavarian which produced some animals in composition.
There is a company that made hand-painted porcelain subjects. It seems to be the same. Perhaps our German friends can enlighten us on the subject ?

One thing is certain is that My heart skipped a beat when I laid eyes on this extremely well-preserved little wonder. drunken

I remained mercilessly deaf to the tears of my piggy bank and blind to the frowning of my banker. Twisted Evil

A very long time ago, in a very very distant topic, I had promised to devote a walkaround to this pretty rhino. Sleep

Better late than never! sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Together with some old composition cousins: Durso, Unknown and Hausser elastolin

With the 50's and 60's tribe of tiny rhinos: Clairet, Jim and Cherilea

In company of the Starlux and Mertens

With a very young model, the Safari Ltd beauty

At last with Papo mom
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 9:21 am

This is a precious post, we don't get the chance to see detailed views of such vintage and good models very often.
Your close-ups are crystal-clear. Perfect! Applause
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:21 am

What a beautiful piece, I can see why you couldn't resist. Unusual to see a vintage model so large scale, too, I was surprised by how big he is compared to other brands.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 am

Thank you Kostas and George Very Happy

This kind of old stuff, I mean composition figurines are nearly always at the same size than modern companies production. The smaller sizes were, as you can see on comparison pics, mainly an English and French lead figurines tradition and in the late 60's the German brands also started to produce their plastic animals on a 54mm small scale.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 11:29 am

It looks there are much more brands that we have to discover. I will get soon also wonderful old bird figures :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 pm

Spectacular rhino! And your photos really do justice to this wonderful model.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:27 pm

Such a charming old Rhino !
I really like it !
And with your great photos, this topic is a joy to watch.
I know you have a special feelings to Indian rhinos and this one is a very special piece for your wonderful collection.
Thank you for this walkaround Kiki Applause

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 10:38 pm

It's so nice to see you back again with this wonderful walkaround! cheers What a lovely rhino, and beautiful photos from all angles as always! sunny I'd love to know which other animals they made? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 3:09 am

That is an especially lovely rhino, but that Cherilea one... scary. affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 3:21 am

That's a magnificent piece, what beautiful color and texture. He has a piercing gaze! Those eyes seem very "aware" and alive, with a personality.

pipsxlch wrote:
but that Cherilea one... scary. affraid Shocked
I must agree, that one stands out in this crowd. I think it's my favorite just because of that incredible expression. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 2:31 pm

Thank you all for watching and comments

@Andreas: I would be very happy to discover your new old birds

@rogerpgvg: Thank you Roger, I’m very pleased you like both rhino and pics.

@costicuba: Thank you Kosta for liking my charming rhino

@Bonnie: Thank you for your warm welcome. I heard about two different Friedel elephants but it is still a very elusive brand.

@pipsxlch & Jill: Yes Cherilea is the singing our shouting rhino of my collection but it’s not the only one.
I will soon open an Indian rhino topic where I will show my collection like Rogério did for his anteaters. Sleep

@Jill: Indeed I love the way he is watching me when I watch him Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 8:25 pm

It is a joy to see these topics again! I really love to link a certain species to each collector and even if you are a macaque and you have a special bias for many animals, you always work for me as the Indian rhino lover. Thus, knowing you will open a topic about your rhinos in a similar way to my anteaters topic, is an excellent news. bounce bounce I am convinced the Riedel of the ceramic angels is the same of the composition animals. It means your rhino is Bavarian and it was much probably sculpted by a woman. I've seen for sale elephants, hares, many wolves, sheep but no fox or giant anteater. Though, I am convinced a fox exist because the hares were running. Laughing
Apparently, most of the figures, if not all are marketed as 70 mm models, 1:24 scale, if I am not wrong Safari's is 1:25 so it may be correct for your Friedel rhino too.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 7:04 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you all for watching and comments

@Andreas: I would be very happy to discover your new old birds

Soon :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 12:40 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I know little about the Friedel brand, really little.  scratch
It is a German brand, probably Bavarian which produced some animals in composition.
There is a company that made hand-painted porcelain subjects. It seems to be the same. Perhaps our German friends can enlighten us on the subject ?

One thing is certain is that My heart skipped a beat when I laid eyes on this extremely well-preserved little wonder.  drunken

I remained mercilessly deaf to the tears of my piggy bank and blind to the frowning of my banker.  Twisted Evil

A very long time ago, in a very very distant topic, I had promised to devote a walkaround to this pretty rhino.  Sleep

Better late than never!  sunny

what a magnificent rhino with such a wonderful expression in his eyes! it's not a wonder that your piggy bank couldn't persuade you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and surrounded by his many friends.
I am happy to see some of your beautiful rhino collection Christophe :) thank you for sharing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 12:37 pm

Thank you for this wonderful walkaround of such a beautiful model I had never seen before! cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Thank you Rogério, Annette and Alain sunny

You are probably, even surely, right about the brand and also about the scale, the Safari Ltd is on my 1/25 shelf as a male. The Papo is a on a 1/22 as a lady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou   A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

A Friedel Indian rhino walkaround at last... By Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1