Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+7
widukind
arafan
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Sumo
Ana
Kikimalou
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Some of you have noticed that PAPO new models are at last available now, maybe not everywhere... But at least in a few place  cyclops

Maybe you have also already enjoyed the wonderful pics Ralf shared with us ? No ? Then you must have a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nevertheless, I can't resist to add my two cents and show a few pics too. I know it might be strange, but Indian rhinoceros are very poetic animals for me, incredible citizens of misty forest, so peaceful and so powerful. Here is the PAPO interpretation  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:10 pm

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:12 pm

With the SAFARI Ltd one

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:14 pm

With the SCHLEICH ones... And a BANDAÏ calf  Wink

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Wonderful!! Beautiful photos, great color for background, amazing figures!!! sunny
I really need these new Papo too bounce Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Beautiful! All that lovely Papo detail really brings out the extraordinariness of these animals. The Safari looks great too, I may have to get both!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:31 pm

They are wonderful ! And your pictures are perfect as always. Sad(o)):
I think it is ok that we see pictures taken of the same model, from different people cheers

These two rhinos are so wonderful, that at last I managed to kick myself HARD, and sort part of the highly loved crowd away from my piano, making room for these new models, - and removing half a ton of dust at the same time Embarassed Laughing Laughing

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:46 pm

SO beautiful, thanks Christophe for all these photos. The Safari one looks like it's smiling Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks Christphe for this wonderful pictures, from this beautyful figures cheers
Big congratuations Sad(o)):

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:31 pm

A wonderful model Kiki, thanks for the pics sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

I have not so much Papo animals but are the Papo animals in this year bigger as in the last years???? scratch scratch scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:33 am

What an incredible rhino! Well, well done Papo! cheers

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:02 am

Lovely photographs Christophe! Thank you for the wonderful tour.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:45 am

Thank you very much for your comments cheers

Sumo wrote:
Beautiful! All that lovely Papo detail really brings out the extraordinariness of these animals. The Safari looks great too, I may have to get both!

Yes Sumo, you can buy the three models, they worth it !

SUSANNE wrote:
These two rhinos are so wonderful, that at last I managed to kick myself HARD, and sort part of the highly loved crowd away from my piano, making room for these new models, - and removing half a ton of dust at the same time Embarassed Laughing Laughing

Excellent idea Susanne, actually rhinos would prefer a half ton of fresh mud Very Happy

HKHollinstone wrote:
SO beautiful, thanks Christophe for all these photos. The Safari one looks like it's smiling Laughing

Yes, it is so happy to have these new friends, it is a very nice guy Wink

widukind wrote:
I have not so much Papo animals but are the Papo animals in this year bigger as in the last years???? scratch scratch scratch scratch

Bigger than what Andreas ? IMHO PAPO has the same curse than the other companies, some are too big and some are too small, maybe some are too medium ? Very Happy
It can fit with the PAPO Indian elephant but it is small in comparison with the tigers...
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 am

...Thank you, thank you Christophe! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): I like Safari one best of all, at second - Papo, at last - Schleich. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you very much for your comments cheers

Sumo wrote:

Yes Sumo, you can buy the three models, they worth it !

SUSANNE wrote:

Excellent idea Susanne, actually rhinos would prefer a half ton of fresh mud Very Happy

HKHollinstone wrote:

Yes, it is so happy to have these new friends, it is a very nice guy Wink

widukind wrote:

Bigger than what Andreas ? IMHO PAPO has the same curse than the other
companies, some are too big and some are too small, maybe some are too
medium ? Very Happy
It can fit with the PAPO Indian elephant but it is small in comparison with the tigers...

scratch scratch My local friend have also this rhino and as he visited me he show me this rhino. And in my opinion it looks bigger as the Schleich rhino, for me (my feeling and so i dont know really) the size looks between Schleich and Safari VW scratch scratch scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:45 pm

widukind wrote:

scratch scratch My local friend have also this rhino and as he visited me he show me this rhino. And in my opinion it looks bigger as the Schleich rhino, for me (my feeling and so i dont know really) the size looks between Schleich and Safari VW scratch scratch scratch scratch

The PAPO rhino has the same size as the SAFARI Ltd, not the same shape Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

The PAPO rhino has the same size as the SAFARI Ltd, not the same shape Wink

that it was a wrong view Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Christophe, do you have a preference? A favorite among the Indian Rhinoceros models?

I tried looking online to see if one is more accurate than another. I don't have a trained eye, so I'm sure that there's a lot I'm missing, but neither seems to have an obvious advantage in that respect. I'm such a fan of the Safari, it's hard to dislodge that from its place among my very favorite figures ever (rhino or no).

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:52 am

Indian rhinos have a special place in my collection, I'm a huge fan drunken.

I can't tell I prefer the SAFARI Ltd, the ELASTOLIN, the DURSO or the MERTENS... I love them all ! The PAPO is just the new kid in town Wink

If you have enough place and money, then go for it and don't say good bye to your SAFARI Ltd.

I can't tell if one is more accurate among these two models, they are both excellent interpretations.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:37 am

Your pictures are helping me having a very good impression of this Papo Indian rhino, only judging pictures, I continue with a little preference for Safari's versions but the difference is so little that it won't surprise me if I see the Papo in my hands and change my opinion. They are incredibly different what is already a good thing. There are some characteristics I like best in Safari, others in Papo. I think Indian rhinos are not always replicated with justice, from vintage brands, the only I think is a good representation is the Britains, others are interesting but not very accurate. When I received the Schleich, it was also a huge disappointment, a really poor work. Now, in a short time, we are lucky because I think these two are excelent representatives. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:10 am

Yes Roger, PAPO and SAFARI Ltd have very different touch and, despite I love the SAFARI Ltd since his birth, I can't choose between them too. Even if you are often a "one specie, one model" collector, it is a good occasion to break your rule Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:42 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Yes Roger, PAPO and SAFARI Ltd have very different touch and, despite I love the SAFARI Ltd since his birth, I can't choose between them too. Even if you are often a "one specie, one model" collector, it is a good occasion to break your rule Wink

I have many species with more than a single figure, I wished I was able of not breaking these rules. If you put it on the same level of Safari Indian rhino, so it confirms that Papo figure is an excelent version.  Also I am very curious to see it personally but there is still a lot to buy this year. affraid Very Happy Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:55 am

I agree 2013 is a very expensive year :lol:But I guess it is better than a poor year with only a few good new models Wink

IMHO the PAPO can stand the SAFARI Ltd comparison, some details are better on each of them... Poor wallet !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou   The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The PAPO Indian Rhinoceros and calf walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1